Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

Unread 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 17-Sep 24,2007

I vacuumed today! Only because I broke a light bulb and it shattered everywhere, I'm home alone and I refuse to worry that someone will cut their foot or one of our dogs. I'm no worse for the wear and it felt good to do it. I only did the room where I broke the light bulb. I may try it again this weekend or early next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 06:31 PM

I am almost to my 5 week mark and I have been been feelin better each week. I am driving and doing errands. Not due back to work for 1 more week. I still have some achiness to my stomach and the "swelly belly" thing. I must say I like sleeping in and afternoon naps. It is great to wake up some times and have no pain. Good luck to all the other "princesses". We should all take good care of ourselves.
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:05 AM

Good Morning Princesses!
I have to say that I am going to miss all of your the words of encouagement that you ALL have gave me was beyond measure. I am a little sad today knowing that Monday 10/29 I will go back to work and life as WE know it will return to normal. I am thankful for that, but I do have to say that it has been nice having you all in my recovery process. The answers, the questions brought me much knowledge. I do wish that we could stay in touch as the time goes by. My use been the 3rd week of September Princesses we will for ever hold a bond between us. I wish you all much luck in your recovery, and now we are able to look at the future with a promise. Please stay in touch with each other. I am feeling wonderful and I am so glad that I had this done. I go back to the Dr. again on NOvember 6th and I am sure at that point she will release me for all other duties. I do wonder though since I was able to keep my overies, that If at the time of my normal period is it normal to have night sweats? It is like the clock is still moving and those little things know that it would have been getting close to that monthly cycle. I wish you all the best, and remember this is NOT good bye but we have developed a friendship with one another.

Blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Well where is everyone today? How is everyone doing? I haven't heard anything.
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Hi! I haven't updated in a couple of weeks.
I'm feeling better, but still don't have my stamina/energy back. Small bursts of activity are best, or else I get tuckered out for the rest of the day. Managing most household tasks just fine, except sweeping (why is that so hard on the abdomen?) and vacuuming.
I have my 6 week check up this Wednesday. Dh is hoping Dr gives us clearance for intercourse as he is pitifully doing without for the longest time ever, LOL.
Hope everyone else is doing good today
Unread 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Well, ladies, today is my first day back to work--sitting at a computer, answering the phone all day (helpdesk). I don't mind being back, although I really did enjoy the time off at home. I don't feel like I got that much done, but I guess that was the whole point--to rest and take care of myself. I'm learning to listen to my body maybe for the first time in my life!
I don't start my second job until this weekend (retail), and that'll be okay. I'm feeling pretty good, better all the time. I do seem to have these aches and pains occasionally, but that's all normal. I haven't vacuumed yet, and boy does my house need it, but it can wait. I'm watching what I lift, and still catch myself sometimes. I'm feeling so good, that I forget I just had surgery, and will try to pick up almost anything!
I have really appreciated all the help and advice from my hystersisters and I wish everyone the best as we work ourselves back to good health!
S Marilyn
Unread 10-29-2007, 04:02 PM

Physically I'm feeling great. Been out for 2+ mile walks and mowed the lawn today. Havent worn my Abd binder in 2 days. I start back at work on Thurs. Hope everyone else is doing ok
Unread 10-29-2007, 04:15 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm at a little over five weeks. Since I had LSH, I've been back at work for several weeks, but I will say that some days (like today) I am really tired. Like the rest of you, for the first time in my life, I, too, feel like I'm really listening to my body. (Not always sure what it's saying, but...
I'm beginning to feel mild hot flashes (all of a sudden, I'm hot and sweaty -- even in my hair -- weird). I'm using an over the counter progesterone and estriol cream, taking an herbal formula and multivitamins. I decided today that I've got to start eating well. (Started back walking and going to Curves last week after the spotting stopped).
I have, however, started to feel very irritated for the past few days -- screaming at the dogs for doing whatever they do. My husband (an angel) just stands there and tells me it'll be ok. I guess those hormones are going to do what they're going to do, right?
I hope everybody continues to heal well. It's a process, right?
Unread 10-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello sisters

Hello, hope you are doing great.Today I went back to work.After 6 weeks of staying home.I thought I was never going to get back to normal.I am happy with my recovery.Pain is almost gone.Just the ocasional burning in the incision.Have to take it easy though.Dying to get back to my racquetball!!!!
TAH Vertical incision due to huge Fibroid 09/17/2007.Kept my ovaries
Unread 10-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Almost there!!!

Gals,
I go Thursday for my 6 week check up. I stayed all day at work yesterday. Wasn't so bad. My back gets to hurting me if I am on my feet too much. I think I have found a cure for my night sweats and hot flashes. I drink a soy protein drink every morning. Since I have been doing this, I don't have any night sweats and if I have an occasional hot flash it is one that I welcome now that it is getting colder. But they are few and far between and very mild. Not like before. Haven't done the Horizontal yet! Kind of a afraid too! Has anyone done it before their 6 weeks? I am anxious to find out if my inside stitches have healed. My abdominal incision looks great. The swelly belly is almost gone!! Whoopeee! I have lost more weight. I can actually get into a size 2 jeans now! My daughter tells me to stay out of her closet! But she won't stay out of mine! I am just anxious to get back to the gym!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Tam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register