Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 76 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by goghfish89
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like we are all on about the same healing schedule. I am still having aches/spasms in my cul-de-sac, but other than that, doing ok.

Trying to get about 30 min on the exercise bike a day and eating organic still. Finally got about 6 pounds off....15 more to go!
I wake up with migraines, take a pill, then feel pretty good until night time, then I'm exhausted and can't sleep again.

I've tried it all, Melatonin, Benadryl....even my Phenergen won't knock me out any more! All in all, much better than before with the torturous periods! I go for my post-op exam on Monday and am going to choke my doctor if he does not give me a letter to send to my insurance, so they will pay! Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

Andrea
You go, girl! It's not easy melting off a pound, much less 6! Just curious, are you on any hormones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM

Congrats on the weight loss! I have lost about 10 pounds since surgery. I had gained about 5 pounds just before surgery. I haven't done anything different so go figure!
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:38 PM

Hi Ladies!
Well, I went back to work today! I am a managing partner of a restaurant, and when we opened, there were some of my regular guests that came in to see me, and ask how I was! It was really wonderful! Almost ALL my employees, about 50, came in to see me, give hugs, flowers, cards and boxes of chocolate! They all said how much they missed me, and it was a great day! (I have the BEST employees in the world!)
I was no more uncomfortable than I have been the last week. Don't know how I will feel tomorrow, though!
Then my father called me. My uncle went in for surgery today, for liver cancer. The DRs told him and my aunt that they would cut out the cancer, and it would be all over. When they went in, they found the cancer to have spread all over his body. He does not know and they are telling him tomorrow. I am so terribly upset, and can't stop crying! He is the best Uncle (and Godfather) anyone could ask for! My aunt and uncle were so supportive in my recovery, and now I feel useless. I have a very close family, and this is killing me!
Sorry for venting and going on a tangent, but I really had to get this off my chest.
I hope you are all doing well!
Lee-Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 05:51 PM

((((((((((Lee-Anne)))))))))))
I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle. I lost my mother to cancer and it was the hardest thing to do. Just give him lots of love and hugs. It is so hard the not knowing.
We are here for you if you need to talk.
Try and have a good week!
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:56 PM

Thanks!
I also lost my mother 4 years ago to brain cancer, that metastisized from breast cancer. My aunt, which is my dad's sister, married my fathers childhood best friend. So, he's not just my uncle, he's my dad's best friend. My dad has suffered so much from the loss of my mother, (they were THAT couple, stilled held hands...) and he's a complete mess with the news of his brother in law, and best friend.
Thank you for your well wishes.
Lee-Anne
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminct
Hi Ladies!
Well, I went back to work today! I am a managing partner of a restaurant, and when we opened, there were some of my regular guests that came in to see me, and ask how I was! It was really wonderful! Almost ALL my employees, about 50, came in to see me, give hugs, flowers, cards and boxes of chocolate! They all said how much they missed me, and it was a great day! (I have the BEST employees in the world!)
I was no more uncomfortable than I have been the last week. Don't know how I will feel tomorrow, though!
Then my father called me. My uncle went in for surgery today, for liver cancer. The DRs told him and my aunt that they would cut out the cancer, and it would be all over. When they went in, they found the cancer to have spread all over his body. He does not know and they are telling him tomorrow. I am so terribly upset, and can't stop crying! He is the best Uncle (and Godfather) anyone could ask for! My aunt and uncle were so supportive in my recovery, and now I feel useless. I have a very close family, and this is killing me!
Sorry for venting and going on a tangent, but I really had to get this off my chest.
I hope you are all doing well!
Lee-Anne
FIRST IM GLAD TO HEAR YOURE FEELING BETTER. 2ND IM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR UNCLE. I LOST MY MOM TO CANCER & MY DAD TO HEART DISEASE. ILL SAY A PRAIRE FOR YOU FAMILY. TAKE CARE!!
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Oh, no! Lee-Anne! That is so sad. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:22 AM

Sorry Lee Anne to hear about your uncle! I will pray for your family.
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Now that your recovery is over 8 weeks, your thread has been moved to the DATE CLUBS forum where you may continue your friendships.

Please remember to post questions about your recovery in the post-op forum!

Also, please remember to visit the pre-op forum and post-op forum and answer questions for our other members. They will love to hear from you and appreciate your support and replies.

Hugs to each of you for continues good recovery!
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Thank you to EVERYONE for your prayers and well wishes. They told my Uncle today, and his spirit was up, and he said hes going to do whatever it takes! That was some kind of good news! My Aunt is a mess. But I guess that is to be expected.
I just want each and everyone of you to know how much I appreciate you!
Thank you so much!
Lee-Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register