only 28 and very scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

only 28 and very scared only 28 and very scared

Unread 01-07-2002, 07:28 AM
only 28 and very scared

hello everyone, Im new here and very glad I found this site. I have read many posts it has helped a little. However Im still scared. Im 28 and been told by a couple of dr's that I need a hysterectomy. I have had endometriosis for five years and have tried Lupron and continious bc. My concerns are this they want to leave my left ovary. But my fear is my ebdo will come back has any had that happen. My family says once there in their have them take everything. I would appreciate any advice from anyone thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2002, 09:46 AM
keep ovary...

Hi there....

While I totally sympathize with your fears and concerns, my personal opinion would be to keep your ovary. You are young and if they remove everything, it would mean years of HRT which can cause problems of it's own. I would discuss this at length with your doctor about this and see what she/he feels is best.
Please let us know what is decided....

Big s to you!
Unread 01-07-2002, 10:13 AM
only 28 and very scared

Hi. I am 32 and scheduled to have both ovaries removed. I know that means HRT, but I don't want to go through this again. I know too many ladies who had to go back a year later for ovary removal. One of my friends was 27 when she had the hyst and 28 when they went back for the ovaries. She was really upset when she found out they didn't take them the first time. She had endo and fibroids really bad. My doc says I will keep making cysts if I don't have mine out, so I told him to go ahead. I may regret it, but you just don't ever know. I also have menstral migraines and he said that should stop those after I get lined out on HRT. I would talk to the doc and find out what he thinks about how soon you would have problems again (not that he KNOWS, he can only guess based on your particular problems and his past experience).

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2002, 10:23 AM
Confused too

Hi Jeanie! I'm new to the site myself, and also found a lot of help here. I'm also confused as to whether or not to keep my ovaries. Not even sure if I have a choice yet, as I have cysts, and susspected endo. If either one, dr wants to take them anyway. If they're good, he wants to leave them. My husband thinks I should leave them as I'm only 38. However, I suffer from terrible PMS/PMDD and don't want to live like this for another 12 years or more. The cysts aren't too fun either and are a bit painful, so even if they're not the bad kind, they're not the fun kind! My dr explained that in a woman as young as me (guess that make you very young!), that he recomends trying to leave them so that I won't have to take hrt for so long. But, he is extremely kind and supportive and understands my reasons for wanting them removed. He asked me to think about it for the next two days and let him know before surgery what my decision is. Due to your age, 28 IS young, that's a big decision. I understand the wanting to loose any chance of your endo coming back and would probably lean twords removing it, except you are have a very long time to go before meno. Keep searching for your answers, ask God to guide you to the right decision. I'll pray that he brings you peace during this time of confusion. Best of luck to you and lots of hugs!!!
Unread 01-07-2002, 11:20 AM
only 28 and very scared

I would keep your ovaries, if you can.

I went in for my TAH, with a "possible BSO" with the understanding that if they looked "good" I wanted to keep them. I'm 35, and I did not look forward to having to deal with HRT and the possible problems they could cause.

Please discuss this with your doctor, I don't think that someone as young as yourself should have to loose her ovaries if they are functioning well.

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register