Maybe "other side is a BAD term! LOL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe "other side is a BAD term!  LOL Maybe "other side is a BAD term! LOL

Unread 05-25-2002, 03:10 PM
Maybe "other side is a BAD term! LOL

Ladies,
Once I was coherent following surgery my Wonderful Mom asked me if I could recall what I said to her right before going into surgery. I said, "No. Why?", fearing I had said something stupid! She says "Well babe, after you received your happy drugs, they began to wheel you into the OR. You asked me to pray for you and I told you I already had. Then you said you wanted me to say a prayer for you and I told you that I prayed for you, your DR and surgical team and that the angels were coming to watch over you." I said to Mom, "Oh how sweet." <And was so happy I had not said something ignorant. > Then my Mom says, "The last thing you said to me was not to worry, you would see me on the other side!"
ROFL
My Mom thought that I thought I was DYING and was SO upset with me. I finally explained to her that I had been living on the message boards and we always say', "I will see you on the other side!"
My POOR MOM! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2002, 03:44 PM
HI Tracy

Your poor mom. Please give her our collective apologies for the scare. We do have our own unique lingo don't we?

I am glad you are home and otherwise doing well. Watch out for the part. I don't think that is allowed for a new

And just between us sisters Welcome to the Other Side

Unread 05-25-2002, 03:57 PM
LOL

I laughed sooo hard when I read that. 'See you on the other side." We say it so much here and never think of it in that context. I am still laughing!

Glad to see you home. You are one of the first people I started reading when I joined the site at the beginning of May! It is so hard to believe you have been and are home already!!

Congratulations Princess! Your crown looks good!
Remember your training. Rest, drink lots of fluids, rest, walk and rest rest rest.

Take care - looking forward to hearing your story!

Kelley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2002, 04:14 PM

I can understand how upsetting this was for your mom. Most of us would have had the same reaction if we had not been on the inside of the lingo.
I like the term." On the other side". I think it represents a whole new life...at least a different life...a second chance at life without the pain.
I wish you a restful and uneventful recovery.

Maralyn
Unread 05-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Tracy

That is too funny. But poor mom. I guess that you can't blame your mom for being upset. I never even gave that a thought.
Unread 05-25-2002, 09:15 PM

I guess we've developed our own Ya-Ya lingo - If any of you have read or seen the movie "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood", you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, buy the book and read it. I think we have our own Ya-Ya hood going on here!

I personally can't wait to meet everyone "on the other side"!
Unread 05-25-2002, 09:29 PM

I laughed right out loud when I read your post. My husband thought I was nuts laughing at the computer. I think I'm feeling pretty emotional now as I count down one week to my hysterectomy. At least this time, the "near tears" was from laughter rather than stress! I can't reiterate enough how helpful it is to visit this place and be supported by other's stories.
Unread 05-25-2002, 09:34 PM

Nice one, Lil hellion! LOL!

My Wonderful Mom's going to be with me too, so, thanks to your experience, I now plan to give her a quick lesson on Sister jargon.

She's always known I was a princess though!

Be well,
Cecee
Unread 05-25-2002, 10:00 PM

Oh my goodness!!! I laughed so hard my cats came in to see what all the commotion was about! Your poor, poor mom. I bet that was the longest surgery in the world for her. I for one am glad you made it to the "other side" see, I'm still laughing, Karlene
Unread 05-26-2002, 12:05 AM

Awww... poor Mom.

Over a year ago somebody freaked me out one day by posting an update on another sister's surgery. No problem with that, it's just that she titled her post something like "So-and-so passed over yesterday." Yikes! She was fine of course - just "passed over" to the "other side", like you said. <whew>

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register