9 weeks post hysterectomy - can't sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 weeks post hysterectomy - can't sleep 9 weeks post hysterectomy - can't sleep

Unread 01-12-2021, 11:54 PM
9 weeks post hysterectomy - can't sleep

Hello I can't sleep any info of that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2021, 12:29 AM
Re: 9 weeks post surgery

I can't either. I'm at six weeks. My check-up is next week, and I'm going to ask my doctor if there is anything they can do. I've tried everything, but either can't sleep at all, or sleep lightly and wake up every hour or so. I'm attributing it to hormones-- after surgery, even if they left ovaries, they can go out of whack and stop working or go into overdrive for awhile. Usually they start working again....sometimes they don't. I'm suspecting overdrive on mine-- I have bloating, acne, can't sleep...ugh. I hope you get some relief soon.
Unread 01-13-2021, 05:12 AM

Yes, it is possible for the ovaries to go out of whack for several weeks following a hysterectomy, because their main blood supply - the uterine artery - has been severed, and once they resume normal functioning, your hormone levels can surge before they return to normal, and all that can have an effect on your sleep cycles. Here are a few tips that can help: expose yourself to natural light, by taking a daily outdoor walk as local pandemic restrictions allow, or by spending around 20 minutes per day in front of a bright window; turn off all electronics at least an hour before bedtime; reserve your bedroom for sleep and intimacy; set your thermostat to 60-65°; have a relaxing bedtime routine to signal to your brain that it's time to rest; have a warm drink, a mug of like chamomile or passionflower tea, or a powdered magnesium supplement like Natural Calm in a glass of warm water; if you get into bed and can't fall asleep after 20 minutes, or if you're awakened in the middle of the night, try Progressive Muscle Relaxation to get you there. Sweet dreams, and best wishes for continued health and healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2021, 07:00 AM
Re: 9 weeks post hysterectomy - can't sleep

I agree it's likely hormonal. Tiger_Eye has some good home remedies - I'll say technology too late can keep me awake. You might also want to try an OTC melatonin product - melatonin is what the body produces naturally to induce sleep. For me, when I'm really keyed up OR have a headache, I'll take one Tylenol PM and that'll help put me out. It's not something I want to do regularly.

These two articles are in our Menopause library, but the same tips apply to insomnia after surgery: If the insomnia continues, talk to your doctor.

Unread 01-13-2021, 07:11 PM

Thanks ladys
Unread 01-13-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashonda12 View Post
Thanks ladys
I have gone to my local all natural store and found AnxioCalm by Terry Naturally. My anxiety level has gone off the stinking charts and has made me wake up from a dead sleep and just start to worry. This product and also the strawberry melatonin chewables, have helped me. I do have Xanax, but I try to not take that. I usually cut the pill in half if I need one.
I have found if I listen to 528 mh healing on YouTube and try to meditate about an hour before I want to sleep, that also helps.
Good luck!
Unread 01-14-2021, 09:29 PM

Thanks so much for info

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register