"Glued" incision.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Glued" incision.... "Glued" incision....

Unread 05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
"Glued" incision....

My GYN indicated during my pre op on Weds that he would not be stapling my abdominial incision for my TAH on the 17th.... he has been trying out (gee am I lucky) a technique that includes dissolveable sutures and then finishes off with a good coat of "glue" on top (I think its really called dermabond maybe :-). He indiated that this makes the incision waterproofed and I can shower the next day and the results are very positive from it.

Who out there has had this technique used to close up an abdominial incision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 01:46 PM
"Glued" incision....

I saw a couple threads on this just the other day. One of them had really good things to say and the other not-so-good.
Click here to read one and
click here for the other.
Unread 05-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Glue

Hi Ya,
I was glued after an appendisectomy and a c-section and I recovered really quickly and I put it down to no stitches or staples on the outside. I'm having a TAH BSO on the 20th and I hope they'll glue me too.
Good luck
Hugs
Rockford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 04:47 PM
"Glued" incision....

I had my TAH on 4/25/05. My gyn used the glue technique. It is awesome. I was up and showering the next day and have a beautiful incision that is healing well. I'm SOOOO glad there were no staples or stitches to remove. Didn't even have a dressing to change!

Beverly
Unread 05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
"Glued" incision....

My doc said he would decide on staples or sutures when he closed me up. He said if I was oozing a lot he would use staples so that it could ooze. He said the sutures were water tight and all the fluid would build up inside and could cause a seroma (?). I ended up with staples because of the ooze. I still have a couple spots that are oozing but he said that's fine, it's better for it to come out than to stay inside. I hated the staples but I was able to shower with them anyway and they are gone now. Now I'm happy that I don't have all that gunk building up inside me and needing to be drained.

I love my doc. He's been doing this a long time and has seen all sorts of things. I trust him to do what's right for me even if it causes a little more discomfort for a few days.
Unread 05-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Glued

Hello!
For my appy and my RSO in Oct, the doc glued me. It wasn't a big deal and was nice not to have to worry about bandages. Its Kinda funny too- I work in a vet clinic and that is how our vet finishes up her surgeries- with disvolvable sutures and the skinglue- vetbond which is exactly the same as the dermabond! I did ask her if she'd take care of my surgery, she passed. Hahahaha!
Good luck!
Leslie
Unread 05-13-2005, 11:09 PM
"Glued" incision....

I had my TAH on April 26th. My DR used the glue method. The only problem with it is it is alot easier to bust it open when sneezing or coughing. I have a spot about an inch long that i busted open coughing. I also was glued with both of my C-sections I had no problems with either of those. I was able to shower the day after my TAH and didn't have to deal with any yukky bandages.

Shan
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:21 AM
"Glued" incision....

Hi there

You ladies who had glue and staples etc ... did you have a 'drain' to take fluid from the wound? Just wondering.

Cheers!
Unread 05-14-2005, 07:02 AM
"Glued" incision....

I had staples without a drain, the incision oozed for a couple of days then it stopped and I didn't have any problems. The staples were removed at 7 days post op and I took showers with them in without any problems. My Dr just told me to make sure that I rinsed them off really well last thing before I turned off the water and to pat them dry.
The only thing I didnt' like about the staples were the pulling and itching. It wasn't really painful just irritating and was glad to have them out.
My niece had the glue with her C Section and she loved it - it healed beautifully and without any problems. I guess it's just whatever the Dr is comfortable with.
Best wishes on the 17th - try not to stress too much about it. (I know easier said than done)
Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register