Any last minute advice? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any last minute advice? Any last minute advice?

Unread 08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Any last minute advice?

Earlier this morning I sat in my living room chair surveying the damage I've done with the laundry piles and the damage my little boys have done. As if in unison with my thoughts dh says "so we've got 3 days to get this all cleaned up". It's bad enough that I've been on a roller coaster ride the last few weeks with my emotions, but the reminder "3 days" threw me into a tailspin. Luckily, my dr gave me this oh so pleasant xanax to help with my anxiety, LOVE IT.

Ok, so here's my deal. I think I've come full circle now and am looking forward to my surgery thursday morning. My dh has been a huge help with the house and such. Is there anything I could be forgetting to do before the hospital. My pre-op is wednesday at 2:30. Then I have to take my kids to grandma's house, 2 hours away. So that day is pretty much booked.

Anyhow, any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Any last minute advice?

Unfortunately I have not yet had my TAH (sept 25) so I dont have much advice but I wanted to wish you luck for this week and especially Thursday. Sounds like your DH has been a huge help. My DH travels a lot so taking care of my 18mos old and the house is up to me. Thank God I've been blessed with a wonderful mother who drives down from NJ every few weeks to help me in the house and with my daughter and will be here that first week of my surgery. I hope you have help after your surgery. I will say a prayer for you! Stephanie
Unread 08-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Any last minute advice?

I had TAH on 8/1 and was a total nut case the night before sanitizing every room, changing bed linens, laundry etc...I live alone and didn't have any help. xanax for me also was helpful. As far as missing anything, look at the checkpoint tab at top of site, it list what to bring to hospital and what to prepare for at home. It helped me alot. Best of luck for a speedy recovery. vickie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Any last minute advice?

Oh LB, you and I are in the same boat! Three days, huge list, overwhelmed. You are so very lucky to be blessed with a supportive and helpful DH. As far as this week is concerned: Let's promise ourselves to go get ice cream at least once this week, to take at least one hot bath and to TRY to relax on Wednesday evening. Easier said than done. Have a safe journey to and through the castle and I will see you on the other side. My prayers are with you.
God's blessings
KimD
Unread 08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Any last minute advice?

Have a date with DH after you take kids to Grandma's-maybe a movie or dinner out-you won't be doing that for awhile! Since that's your busy day, maybe just some cuddle time with him Wed. night. Everything will go well, and you'll be a princess by next weekend!
Unread 08-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Any last minute advice?

Dinner out sounds like a great idea, and one I hadn't thought of. I will totally help myself to some ice cream Kim, and good luck to you too. It doesn't seem like very long ago I was planning the surgery and thinking, "wow, I've got to wait a whole month and a half? what am I going to do until then?!" and now here it is. Thanks for these ideas, thats the kind of thing I was looking for. I've printed out the checklist and am ready according to that list but just wondered if there were things you guys regretted not doing before hand. Thanks again for the input, you ladies are always the best.

Kim, if I don't hear from you again before our day good luck! My thoughts are with you, and everyone else of course. Once again, it is nice knowing I have my sisters here going through it with me. I'll probly spend my whole morning at the hospital thinking "I wonder if Kim is doing this right now" and that'll get me through, LOL!
Unread 08-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Any last minute advice?

I didn't get everything done I wanted before hand. So I mentally just tried to let go of it. Priortize. Spend time with kids and hubby. Breathe. If you have a friend who can, ask if they can come over to help out before the surgery to help. The company will do you wonders. Hope all goes well!
Unread 08-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Any last minute advice?

LB, you'll be on my mind too. Wow - it did go fast, didnt it? Have a great day.
Kim
Unread 08-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Any last minute advice?

The only things I can really think of (that's not on the list) is to make sure you have clean sheets ready to go so that someone (not you) can put clean sheets on the bed right before they bring you home. There is nothing like crawling into a bed with clean sheets. Also, make sure you have plenty of GasX and that your first few home meals are as gas free as possible (no lasagna - BDTD...don't do it, just don't).
Other than that...relax as much as possible.
Unread 08-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Any last minute advice?

Good luck girlie! I'm right behind you on the 21st. I'll log on to see how you feel!

I've typed and re-typed my list of questions for my dr. on my friday pre-op appt and have also been cleaning my house like a mad woman...i actually ajaxed the entire refridgerator! lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register