Surgery Rescheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Rescheduled Surgery Rescheduled

Unread 02-22-2021, 10:27 AM
Surgery Rescheduled

Hi y’all!

I just got a call from my doctor that they had to reschedule me from tomorrow to Wednesday due to the weather issues we suffered in Texas last week. I was all set for tomorrow and now that I’m pushed back a day, I’m super nervous about it, which is odd to me because yesterday I felt ok knowing that I was going in on Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2021, 06:03 PM
Re: Surgery Rescheduled

I'm sorry that happened. Mine was supposed to be tomorrow 2/23, but I have a sinus infection so they rescheduled me too...til 3/24. I'm ok with it since I feel so bad right now. Know all will go well,
Unread 02-22-2021, 06:55 PM

Czechos37, so sorry you got bumped a day. I am sure it is a letdown, but try to look at this way. You want your surgery day to be perfect, so for that it would be worth waiting.

Maybe spend your extra day getting organized to be able to recovery comfortably at home once you get discharged from the hospital. Have faith in your medical team and follow orders to guide you to the best outcome of healing.
Here are some links to helpful articles:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles
Preparing: What Will I Need?
Must Have List for Hysterectomy
What to Take to the Hospital

My advice, try to relax and lean on your personal support system as well as those here that have traveled the road before you. Be sure to check in after your surgery, as there will be a special recovery thread set up just for those having surgery this coming week.

My thoughts are with you on your upcoming surgery day, imagine you are enveloped in big warm hugs full of love, support and healing energy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2021, 03:55 AM
Surgery Rescheduled

I'm in Canada, where the weather can change at a moment's notice, so I hope that there are no more surprises to affect your new date. To the suggestions in the above articles, i would add the following items: a good pair of walking shoes; peppermint tea, frozen blueberries, whole grain cereal like oatmeal or All Bran, magnesium-rich dark chocolate and pumpkin seeds,
a fiber supplement like Metamucil or Benefiber, Gas-X, and fennel seeds for post-op constipation and gas; a small footstool to elevate your feet while you're on the throne, to make those post-op bowel movements easier by properly aligning your rectum so the poop can pass through more smoothly; loose fitting clothes; extension cords for plugging in your cellphone and other electronics; a grabber for picking up small objects off the floor. Wishing you all the best for your surgery tomorrow, and we'll see you on the other side!
Unread 02-23-2021, 07:28 AM
Surgery Rescheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by enniscl View Post
I'm sorry that happened. Mine was supposed to be tomorrow 2/23, but I have a sinus infection so they rescheduled me too...til 3/24. I'm ok with it since I feel so bad right now. Know all will go well,
I hope you’re feeling better soon!
Unread 02-23-2021, 07:29 AM
Surgery Rescheduled

Thank you everyone! I’m feeling pretty good today, just normal pre-op jitters. I got word that my surgery shouldn’t be delayed again because the boil water notice has been lifted. See you on the other side.
Unread 02-23-2021, 10:09 AM

Great news!
Unread 02-23-2021, 10:10 AM

Thank you! You too
Unread 02-23-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechos37 View Post
Hi y’all!

I just got a call from my doctor that they had to reschedule me from tomorrow to Wednesday due to the weather issues we suffered in Texas last week. I was all set for tomorrow and now that I’m pushed back a day, I’m super nervous about it, which is odd to me because yesterday I felt ok knowing that I was going in on Tuesday.
Ugh! I understand your frustration. Mine was supposed to be yesterday and was rescheduled for Friday.. (I’m in Houston). It gave me more time to give my home another once over and to prep (and freeze) some more meals. Enjoy a free day of rest & best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.
Unread 02-23-2021, 09:42 PM
Surgery Rescheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamitunes View Post
Ugh! I understand your frustration. Mine was supposed to be yesterday and was rescheduled for Friday.. (I’m in Houston). It gave me more time to give my home another once over and to prep (and freeze) some more meals. Enjoy a free day of rest & best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.
Best wishes to you as well! I got some time in relaxing today and I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. I’m just glad it didn’t get postponed for too long.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register