How many had to stay the night after?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many had to stay the night after?? How many had to stay the night after??

Unread 10-06-2005, 12:06 AM
How many had to stay the night after??

I am pretty nervous about staying the night in hospital..I really don't like to be by myself at night. it will be hard for me,

My dr said 1 to 3 nights. How many did you all stay? and do they let your husbands /bf stay the night with you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 04:41 AM

MissKelly,
I had a TAH and stayed 2 nights in the hospital. My hospital allowed overnight guests, so my husband stayed with me. (These days, with the nursing shortage I keep hearing about, I imagine most hospitals welcome guests.)
Best wishes!
Unread 10-06-2005, 06:00 AM

I will be staying two nights too more if there are complications. As for my husband being able to stay the night I don't know if the hopital allows it or not but I would rather him go home and get good rest not to mention we got a very very spoiled golden retriever to tend to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 06:15 AM

Get a private room if you want an overnight guest Otherwise your roomate might have an issue with it
Unread 10-06-2005, 06:46 AM

When I had my TVH, I stayed 1 night and was on the maternity ward. Nothing was said before surgery about a guest staying overnight. When I was in my room, my 17 year old DD wanted to stay. The nurse didn't see any problem with this.. Thank goodness.. she was my nurse and my guest.. Ask nurse when you are in your room after surgery..
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:30 AM

I stayed 2 nights. I had a private room (every room at this hospital is private) & I could've had someone stay overnight with me if I would've wanted to do so. I didn't. But you might want to consider it. Good luck!!!
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:39 AM

I hope my DH and DS will be able to stay with me, one night each. I was told that I would have a private room unless the hospital was still overbooked with Hurricane Katrina victims. Please tell me that you don't need someone IN the bathroom with you to help you get up off the toilet.
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:42 AM

I stayed 2 nights. I was alone but I am used to it as I have been separated for 2 years. I actually kind of enjoyed the time away since I have 4 kids at home.
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:58 AM

I was told after the first night that I could go home but I stayed a extra night. I had a private room and didnt want anyone to stay with me, I just wanted to sleep, but I'm sure I could have had husband spend the night, he wanted to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register