I'm Still Waiting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Still Waiting I'm Still Waiting

Unread 10-06-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm Still Waiting

I have been having a difficult few days. As I posted earlier I was canceled on the 30th. I was able to be rescheduled for the 14th and then my dr's office caled and said they had someone cancel for the 3rd, so I was able to get that surgery spot. Spent the weekend relaxing and went to the castle around 11am on Monday. My day was finally here, or so I thought !

I was in the sugery holding area waiting for the anethesologist to discuss the surgery when they put the brakes on and we waited. I then found out that my surgery was considered an add-on and I would have to wait until all the other scheduled surgeries were completed. It wasn't looking good. I tried to remain calm through all this but my dr and my dh were furstrated. I was thirsty and hungery and growing weary. I sent my dh home to get some lunch and take a needed break while we waited for an open o.r. The castle changed shifts so I was sent back to the prep area to wait as it was going to be a couple of hours longer. Six hours into my visit my dr called and said we had 2 options....wait for several more hours or quit and come back on a better day. At this point I just wanted to cry but gathered my wits and called my dh to come take me home. I didn't want to wait any longer not knowing if it would be 8pm or midnight before getting into the operating room. My dr was apologetic and promised we would get through this. We would go back to the 14th.
My DH came to bring me home. Thank goodness for him! Next morning I called the office and was told that the 14th was already booked and that the earliest would be the 21st. I remained calm but was firm when I said that would not be acceptable. I had been canceled twice and wasn't going to be happy if made to wait another week. My dr wasn't going to be the office so we would have to wait another day to get this figured out. Yesterday around 9am the office called and said that the 14th was booked and I would have to wait. That was when I finally lost it I became hyterical it seemed no one was understanding the emotional rollercoaster I was on. I had provided 2 pints of my own blood that would expire on the 20th. I would have to have another pain full period and I would be one week longer recovering and getting my world back in order and I freaked. I have seen my dd cry uncontrolably, hyperventalating, but never had it happen to me. Scared myself and Joy at the dr office. Joy said she would speak to my dr and call me back. I calmed myself down and waited. Joy called back and assured me that they would postpone someone else and that I would get in on the 14th and would be the first surgery done.
I hate sharing such a castle nightmare with everyone but I really need to get this out. I can use some s from my sisters. Thanks for reading. This eases my mind and is turely a comfort knowing I have you wonderful sisters out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm Still Waiting

2birds - I'm so sorry that this happened to you. How dreadful!!!!! Big to you & I hope things go more smoothly for you from here on out!!!
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm Still Waiting

Way to go, very proud that you stood up for yourself and your needs. Here is a big HUG for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm Still Waiting

Thanks for the hugs! Hope you are recovering well.
Unread 10-06-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm Still Waiting

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. It's bad enough waiting for the Castle, but to be delayed like that, I could only imagine your feelings. Hopefully I won't experience it, but you never know. My Doctor told me that he could do my surgery anyday of the week, but that Wednesdays & Thursdays were the best days. I opted for a Wednesday to be home Friday afternoon. I sure hope everything from this point on goes smooth for you!
Unread 10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm Still Waiting

BIG (((HUGS))) and will be thinking of you on the 14th donna42
Unread 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm Still Waiting

Aww poor thing! Just relax, it will come soon enough. Just think of it as a dress rehearsal. It was kind of dumb to try to fit you in when they already knew you were nervous.
We will be there for you when the big day really comes!
Liz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register