Hormones? Stress? Or Both? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormones? Stress? Or Both? Hormones? Stress? Or Both?

Unread 10-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Hormones? Stress? Or Both?

Hi ladies,

I was wondering, I havent had a chance to ask my doctor yet, but I have NOT had a period since my D & C in early august. Before that I could'nt stop bleeding and flooding with clots for 3 months.

I dont know if it's a combanation of NOT having a period and the upcoming TVH/BSO, and nerves, But im so emotional, it's unreal ! .

I feel awful, very depressed and absolutlely NO energy.
when they did my D&C, they found a polup and excessive tissue and dyslpasia.

Has anyone else ever been so stressed about their surgery that it drained them of all energy?

I called my doctor today and cried to the nurse for bit and felt a little better.

Thank you for your input. Anything helps at this point !
'S
Cara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2005, 07:14 AM

Hi, I did the opposite after my polypectomy and D&C. I started bleeding more. I'm happy that you called your dr about it. And yes - I was nervous and tired quite a bit while waiting for my hyst. Stress can be very tiring IMO. I was soo emotional - I could go from laughing to crying and back again in a matter of minutes. I found that staying busy helped - and of course, coming here for info and hugs helped a lot.

Best wishes, I hope that all goes well for you.

s
Unread 10-13-2005, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cararay
Hi ladies,

I was wondering, I havent had a chance to ask my doctor yet, but I have NOT had a period since my D & C in early august. Before that I could'nt stop bleeding and flooding with clots for 3 months.

I dont know if it's a combanation of NOT having a period and the upcoming TVH/BSO, and nerves, But im so emotional, it's unreal ! .

I feel awful, very depressed and absolutlely NO energy.
when they did my D&C, they found a polup and excessive tissue and dyslpasia.

Has anyone else ever been so stressed about their surgery that it drained them of all energy?

I called my doctor today and cried to the nurse for bit and felt a little better.

Thank you for your input. Anything helps at this point !
'S
Cara
Hi Cara,

Wow ... you sound allot like me! I'm 53, and scheduled to have SAH on Nov. 8th ... and since my D&C 3 weeks ago (or was it 2 weeks?), I haven't had a single drop of blood either .. yet I'm experiencing the pms, a bit of pain in right ovary (usual), and some cramping after orgasm. I'm not complaining about NOT bleeding, but now I'm wondering if an ablation would be enough for me, since he tells me by my bloodwork, I'm right at the door of menopause.

As for nerves/stress .. yup, not able to eat much at all, and my IBS is acting up BAD! OUCH!!! I'm depressed too, but then I have depression off and on anyway.

NO energy here either .. heck, the other day I decided to clean my apt .. very small place, but by the end of the day, when I tried to turn my mattress, I almost passed out! Geesh ... what's that??? Of course, I am anemic also.

I also had polyps found during the hysteroscopy and D&C, and he removed some of them.

I feel like I need a good cry too, maybe I'll put on some sad music ... to make myself cry ... sometimes we feel better after that, cause the body needs it. Sadly, tears area a sign of weakness to my husband, and he has NO empathy for me anyway.

Hang in there! I'm having my doctor call me tomorrow or Monday ... and just pass the idea of ablation by him to see what he thinks. It may not be an option at all, because of my situation, but can't hurt to ask.

I guess what's making me nervous is the fact that he said I'm so darn close to menopause ... and it may be the end of bleeding any day now. UGH!

Huggles,
Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2005, 02:04 PM

Hi Cara:

I went thru the same thing (pretty much) as you. Bleed like a faucet, lots of clots, etc for months at a time. Had my D & C August 5, not a drop after that. Same results from D & C too!
My thoughts are that it's a combination of nerves, hormones, lack of sleep, etc. Heck, I was dreaming of operations, sure I was going to wake up bleeding again, etc. It seemed it was all I could think about/dream about, etc. Thank goodness for an understanding DH and Boss!!
Good news is, I'm 5 weeks post-hyst I only bled a little after surgery (done by that evening), not a drop since then. I'm even sleeping on white sheets now.

For me, the hyst was a blessing. I'm still recovering, but doing very well. All I need is my energy back. But I've found comfort in cleaning those nasty drawers, walking, napping. I've even taken short trips by myself and revel in the knowledge that I can be independent again. No more pain!! No more bleeding!!

I even wrapped up all my pads I left over in a pretty package and gave them to my daughter. She thought that was the best gift from me because she knew I would be pain free (concerning women's problems) from now on.

Good luck to you. Hope these words have helped somewhat. When you come out of the castle, you'll be surprised how good you feel as time goes by.

Unread 10-13-2005, 03:15 PM

Oh thanks for the comforting words. Im glad those of you who are post op are feeling pretty good

Its so awesome to come here and find that I am not alone.
It really helps.

I'm still scared but I have found so much imformation about what to expect and what to watch for, So this makes me feel good.

Thank you Sisters 's

Cara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register