Bowel Prep hint | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel Prep hint Bowel Prep hint

Unread 09-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Bowel Prep hint

Hi ladies, I am about to start getting ready to go to the castle, but I did the bowel prep yesterday, and wanting to share a helpful hint.

I had read on here where people had suggested getting baby wipes for the bowel prep, but for some reason, it didn't stick with me as I was preparing.

Anyways, let me say, you will NEED baby wipes! Going to the restroom repeatedly serves to give you a very sore bottom. DH had to run out and get me some wipes after the process had started.

Another thing that I wish I had for this was some A&D ointment (desitin), I think that would have made a world of difference on my comfort level!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2011, 05:35 AM
Re: Bowel Prep hint

Thanks for the hints -- I'll be doing this in a couple of weeks!

I just wanted to wish you well today and let you know I'll be praying for you! I'm having the daVinci surgery, too, and removing everything including ovaries. I'll be excited to hear about your experience.

Blessings,

Beth
daVinci Hysterectomy scheduled for 10/19
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:18 AM

Thank you for the tip! Curious to hear how things go for you, too. Best wishes for a safe surgery and a quick recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM

I'll need to get some of that ointment as well. Btw, wouldn't Prep. H work to soothe also?

Best of luck. Come back and tell us how it went.
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM

You can even buy adult "wipes" that are flushable! Good luck with your surgery.....I hope it goes well!
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM

How long is the bowel prep process? I am concerned that I go to pre-op with Dr. Tuesday the 25th, he says I will get info on it then, but I have a pre-op at hospital the 26th....mid day...and I have to check in for surgery the 27th at 5 am. Will I be in the middle of bowel prep going to hospital pre op?
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:56 AM

I had a colonoscopy two years ago and went through a horrendous bowel prep then, but I had forgotten about all the issues it entails. Thanks for this reminder. I'll have to have some of those flushable wipes on hand!
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:15 PM

for some reason, i don't have to do bowel prep. i'm having an LAVH on tuesday, 10/04. he said i didn't need to do it. i think i might try to take something ahead of time just to "help" things along a little, though, before i go in.

good luck to you ladies! all the best!
Unread 09-30-2011, 01:10 PM

I am curious as to the length of time needed for the bowel prep as well.
Unread 09-30-2011, 01:13 PM

I don't know through personal experience, but when my daughter had a bowel prep in May we stuck around at home all day. She got one really good clean out and then a bunch of smaller ones.

I wouldn't venture too far from a bathroom and if it were me, I wouldn't leave home.....but like I said, that's my experience with our 3 year old.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register