Scheduled LAVH So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15) - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15) So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15)

Unread 04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence997 View Post
Mine is great also something i dont want to lose! Seems experience is different. For every woman but there are some horror stories. Out there and im so nervous but i have pre op 17 and surgery 22 so i will continue posting in hopes of helping myself and others
Despite some postop soreness, it's great. Way exceeded my expectations !!!
Was in some pain before, that's gone now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Re: So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy?

My biggest tip is use a stool softener for a couple weeks. Not a laxative, just a stool softener. Ibuprofen helps with inflammation. The gas everyone is talking about is in your abdominal cavity, not intestines. It hurts in your shoulders. Not everyone gets this, but if you do walk a lot and don't try to lie down. Recliner is your friend! Think colicing horse. :-) Healing takes a lot of time, so be prepared for that. Tired will be the norm. Take naps! Buy a heating pad. And remember, you're going to be fine!
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:59 PM
So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat79 View Post
My biggest tip is use a stool softener for a couple weeks. Not a laxative, just a stool softener. Ibuprofen helps with inflammation. The gas everyone is talking about is in your abdominal cavity, not intestines. It hurts in your shoulders. Not everyone gets this, but if you do walk a lot and don't try to lie down. Recliner is your friend! Think colicing horse. :-) Healing takes a lot of time, so be prepared for that. Tired will be the norm. Take naps! Buy a heating pad. And remember, you're going to be fine!
Thank you! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Re: So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15)

I found that the anxiety before my surgery was worse than the surgery and the recovery. Try to stay busy by cleaning your house and preparing your recovery space. Buy a new robe or really soft, cute pjs. Be patient with every step especially in the hospital. Remember those who are taking care of you are experienced with this surgery and recovery so listen to them and thank them for caring for you. Once your home you may be find yourself hypersensitive to any new sensation or twinge of pain during recovery. Remember there maybe something new everyday and know this is normal and the sisters on this website can help answer your questions. Pamper yourself, relax and be patient. You will be fine. Will send prayers for peace and a quick recovery for you.
Unread 04-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Re: So nervous! Any tips that you wish you would have known before hysterectomy? (surgery 4/15)

I actually researched everything until it couldn't be researched anymore. All of the information on this site is amazing. I checked it literally everyday and I was prepared for just about anything.
Unread 04-12-2014, 09:10 AM

I really enjoy this site because its women who have actually dealt with these things and not just statistic
Unread 04-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Hi Cathyz. I just came across your post and wanted to send you some hugs and positive thoughts. My hysterectomy is also on April 15th and I'm also a complete ball of nerves. I can't think about anything else, I'm so scared and I know it tremendously helps to have other woman going through the same thing and even on the same day. Hyster Sisters has been a god send these last few difficult days of waiting, and so I just wanted to say Good Luck on Tuesday. We will be just fine and it will all soon be over. Will be thinking of you as I'm at the hospital and waiting to go in. Keep me posted as to your progress when you can. All the positive thoughts and hugs sent your way in these next few days❤
Unread 04-12-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy34 View Post
Hi Cathyz. I just came across your post and wanted to send you some hugs and positive thoughts. My hysterectomy is also on April 15th and I'm also a complete ball of nerves. I can't think about anything else, I'm so scared and I know it tremendously helps to have other woman going through the same thing and even on the same day. Hyster Sisters has been a god send these last few difficult days of waiting, and so I just wanted to say Good Luck on Tuesday. We will be just fine and it will all soon be over. Will be thinking of you as I'm at the hospital and waiting to go in. Keep me posted as to your progress when you can. All the positive thoughts and hugs sent your way in these next few days❤
Hi Marcy! Omg that is so cool that we are on the same day. Your profile says the 14th though? I'm understand all your nerves for sure. What type of surgery are you having? Mine is scheduled for 9:30am. What time is yours? I will definitely be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! I will be having both ovaries removed along with everything else, I have swollen uterus /folded, excruciating pain and cramping, problematic large cysts that continue. My younger sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at age 32. She is doing great now! Keep in touch, it is so great to have all these ladies on here going through the same thing! Hugs xo
Unread 04-12-2014, 10:20 PM

The surgery was no big deal at all. Best thing I ever did for myself! Thrilled! The recovery would have been easier if I got my bowels cleared out before. Constipation was a bummer post surgery. Also didn't need the massive amount of pain meds prescribed. Came off all of them on day 4. Ibuprofen would have been fine and would have helped with the lazy bowels. Sleep when you need to, and be gentle with yourself. Your new life is about to begin!
Unread 04-13-2014, 12:35 AM

[quote=Cathyz;4347432]Hi Marcy! Omg that is so cool that we are on the same day. Your profile says the 14th though? I'm understand all your nerves for sure. What type of surgery are you having? Mine is scheduled for 9:30am. What time is yours? I will definitely be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! I will be having both ovaries removed along with everything else, I have swollen uterus /folded, excruciating pain and cramping, problematic large cysts that continue. My younger sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at age 32. She is doing great now! Keep in touch, it is so great to have all these ladies on here going through the same thing! Hugs xo[/QUOTE
Hi Cathyz! I did make a mistake when I was filling out my profile and just changed it back to the proper date. My surgery is on Tuesday the 15th at 9am so we are really close! I will definitely be thinking of you that morning😊 I'm having a LAVH, leaving my ovaries but taking my cervix. I have had high grade pre cancer cells for years and have undergone many procedures to try and take them out, but at my last appt, they found the pre cancers were still there, so now I'm having the dreaded hysterectomy. I was so upset at first, but realize this surgery is better than the alternative so I'm trying to be positive. It's been hard this last week to be positive when I'm so incredibly scared😁 I have been a mess all week but you wonderful 'sisters' on this sight have brightened this dark time for me and I'm so happy for that!! Again, good luck and I know it will give me great comfort on Tuesday morning when I'm waiting to get taken to the operating room, that somewhere out there, you will be with me. Lots of hugs to you and I will see you on the other side where we can post in the post op section! Yay for that! ❤😊❤

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register