Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!! Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Unread 02-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Aunt Flo's Last Visit!!!!

Man, you guys are making me feel guilty! I had a grueling 2 block drive home from the hospital! I can't imagine 45 minutes or longer.

angeldawn... I have my left ovary and have required no hrt. The only problem I've had is blown stiches due to cough from my cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Hi Ladies
Well I did not need to pretend anything to my visitor because after an hour of chat and laughter I looked like Casper again. My dear friend made me lunch, insisted I did not get up (boy it was hard having someone in my kitchen and not being allowed to interfere!), she cleared up, put out the trash, took me for a drive and then left me to sleep. I am pretty sure she is exhausted today too!
Uncle Con is being shown the door on a regular basis (hooray!) - but I get the feeling he is hanging around because he misses Aunty Flo - it has not been long since her passing, and he is her only mourner. I guess it will take a little time.
I hope you are all having a peaceful weekend, looking good, taking the shuffling slow, and letting others "do" for you. If you are on your own (as I am), then feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
Megapixel.
Unread 02-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Megapixel, I'm glad you got taken care of, and you didn't have to do any acting for it! I had to laugh at myself last night....I'd been sitting on the couch feeling pretty good and thinking "I'd better be careful not to appear TOO well, or I won't be able to get the help I need!" What a joke! Not long after that I went to my room and caught sight of myself in the mirror.....There is absolutely NO danger of my looking too good to need help!!! I'm looking scary! No wonder my hubby and kids keep asking "Are you ok?" *giggles softly to avoid hurting tummy*
Blessings,
Janice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2007, 04:11 AM

Hi Ladies, I hate to do this, but I just need to whine for a few minutes. Yesterday was so nice. I've had cabin fever for 3 wks. now, and finally convinced hubby I was up to going out for supper and going to Walmart. I just wanted more yarn and some thank you cards. I was feeling wonderful, and thought to myself, maybe I should go back to work sooner. REALITY STRUCK!!!! We got what I needed at Walmart, and was ready to leave, when my body went into shock from eating out, and Uncle Con, decided to turn into Aunti Di. Do you know how hard it is to squeeze your cheeks together, hold onto the carriage and try to somewhat run to the other side of Walmart to get to the bathroom???? Thank god no one was in there. So anyways, we finally made it out of Walmart, and I thought for sure I had just run 20 miles. Talk about exhaustion. I can't believe how hard that was. I've been doing chores around the house since week 1, really thought I was up to it. Was finally sleeping the night through, and now I feel like i've taken a step-back. Was uncomfortable all night, and wide awake. Don't want to discourage any of you, but wanted to warn you all, to be very careful, our bodies are sometimes telling us we can do it, and BAM.....we quickly are reminded we have had major surgery, and we really do need to take it slow. I'm gonna stay in pj's today and try to rest. Hopefully i'll feel better by later today or tomorrow. Please ladies, take the pampering and TLC given by family and friends. Its probably the last time we will ever get this much help, so enjoy it...lol. On the lighter note, I have to tell you guys a cute story...hubby was over my shoulder and read farewell to aunti flo....he didn't get it...lmao....he really thought we were laughing at shaloms aunti dying. Boy he said he felt so stupid after he realized what I was laughing at. I couldn't stop laughing, at the posting and at my awesome hubby. Ok, I'll stop talking now....Enjoy the day ladies, and get some rest!!!! Hope your all feeling good!!!! Happy Healing!!!
Unread 02-25-2007, 12:55 PM

Dear Pamela

Thanks for the warning. I have cabin fever too but my body is sending me little signs that it is not ready to do anything much - as if the healing has plateaued.

Well, you can choose your friends but not your relatives. How embarrassed you must have been for that mad hussey Aunty Di to show up in Walmart! If she comes a callin' here, I hope I am in the comfort of my own home!

I hope you recover from it all soon and get on back track with your recovery. And tell hubby not to worry - this op sends us all a bit loopy

MP.
Unread 02-25-2007, 03:17 PM
bad night

i had the worst night of my life last night. i think i did too much yesturday and i was made to pay for it. i feel like im ok in myself... i feel bloated and tired but i feel like a phoney, i dont have a broken arm or a cut tummy as i had a vaginal hysteretomy, theres no obvious scars to show so i feel like i can do more so i went and did the groceries 5 days post op. hubbie pushed and i walked really slowly. i tried to tidy up a bit and then last night i ended up awake with the most horrendous pains in both arms. no matter what i did from banging them, hitting them, lying on then waving them around in the air etc for 2 hours i could have cut my toe to have the pain from that over the pain from my arms! my poor hubbie had to get up at 6am and go to work as a truck driver with no sleep and then the kids decided to play up all night so i am now really blah.

i hope you are all feeling better my fellow 21st'ers.
i feel like a princess now, even if im only 28.
Unread 02-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Be careful, you may feel like you are a phoney, but you are not. You had a major surgery. You have stitches inside that need to heal, and it takes alot out of you. Be good to yourself and don't overdo. I went and overdid oneday, went for a ride in the car for 45 min, and when I got home was totally exhausted and had cold chills and was nauseated, and was in alot of pain. I couldn't sit, I couldn't lay down, and I couldn't stand. I was really miserable. So take care of your self!!! Pamper the princess.
Unread 02-25-2007, 05:39 PM

Caz that arm pain sounds really weird. Do you think you should call the Dr and ask if it is anything to be concerned about? I know that I would not have been physically able to go shopping 5 days post op; I went at about 2 weeks post op and it near killed me then.
I hope you can get lots of catnaps today to catch up on your sleep. Take care.
MP
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM

i rang the private hospital and asked the nurse what was up with my arms, she said that it could have been a side effect from the drugs im on and if it continued to go to the doctor. great that'll be $50 to be told to take it easy, i swear thou i cant take another night, if it happens tonight i'll go to the public hosp and get a drug to put me to sleep at least. im not a take it easy person and just being at home and having my mum in law here to clean and drive me and the kids around is driving me nuts...shes soooo slow and we keep running late for school etc!! never mind, its really nice of her to come here for a week to help, adult conversation is nice too!
poor hubbie, he had to have a cat nap today in his truck as he was so tired from my noisy night!

is anyone else really bloated? i feel like im 5 mths preggie in size and my insides feel like ive just had a baby but theres no 2am and 4am feeding to be done.

does anyone else here grieve for the fact they will have no more babies? i know alot of us are older but im 28 and having this was not something i would have chosen i had to have it, i feel like the choice has been taken away, i would have loved to have another baby in our family...i love my two children, i just feel like i wasnt ready to stop.
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:55 PM

Well, my Aunt Flo is just plain the nosy type. Seriously, she pops in almost every day of the month, doesn't stay long each day, but she's so the type to just open the door without knocking, make herself a snack and leave the dishes on the table, you know what I mean? I never know when she's coming, and she always leaves a mess. But the most annoying thing she does, that she's always done, is she always has to come on our family vacations. Every trip. Since I was twelve. Every vacation, every slumber party in school, she showed up a few days before my husband's departure for Iraq, she showed up 2 days after my wedding. Seriously. She will be vising plenty before I visit the castle, so I am trying to make the most of her, if that is possible, since I know she will no longer be visiting. And yes, I feel a weird sort of mourning over that fact. A SMALL mourning. But won't it be fabulous to skip the "wipe and glance" ritual in the bathroom? Geez, I hate that ritual. Great idea for a post, I am loving the responses!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register