Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: Negative results & pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: Negative results & pain Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: Negative results & pain

Unread 10-20-2017, 08:31 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: Negative results & pain

Count down to hysterectomy. But like many, starting to panic.
Ultrasound was clear...
Biopsy was normal...
2 C sections, last one over 15 years ago.
2 colonoscopies....1 normal, 1 polyp removed

But, 6 years of right side pelvic pain. Coincides with period, most pain the week after, until ovulation.

Original plan was to look for endo, but Dr. recommend hysterectomy.

Why am I panicking?

Because with all tests normal...will the Dr. find anything? Will it help the pain? Do they find things not seen on ultrasound?

Of course I didn’t ask at pre op visit...

Just wondering if anyone else had this kind of experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Re: Negative results & pain

before you have your uterus, cervix and possibly ovaries removed, maybe you should get another opinion. if you have no diagnosis, why would your dr. suggest such major surgery? since you don't know if removing everything will help with the pain or if it's really necessary, it would make sense to get a second or even third opinion.
Unread 10-26-2017, 04:36 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: Negative results & pain

kinda the same here. Lots of testing, and clean ct scan and ultrasounds. My doctor said that he believes my uterus is adhered to my abdominal wall. I have had 2 second opinions and they all come back the same. However, nothing shows up on testing. I am so scared that I will have this procedure and I will still be in pain afterwards...I have a general surgeon coming in on the surgery to look around for internal hernias to make sure nothing gets missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2017, 05:14 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: Negative results & pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcbride View Post
kinda the same here. Lots of testing, and clean ct scan and ultrasounds. My doctor said that he believes my uterus is adhered to my abdominal wall. I have had 2 second opinions and they all come back the same. However, nothing shows up on testing. I am so scared that I will have this procedure and I will still be in pain afterwards...I have a general surgeon coming in on the surgery to look around for internal hernias to make sure nothing gets missed.

Found that my bladder had a lot of scar tissue from c sections and uterus was enlarged....thinking pathology will answer, but bladder & uterus were sort of stuck together. but so far pain is gone!!!!! Good luck to you! Hope you find answers. I’m glad I did it. Hoping that the pain stays away!
c

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register