What's swelly belly? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's swelly belly? What's swelly belly?

Unread 10-27-2005, 07:32 PM
What's swelly belly?

Oh...that's exactly what I thought it was! But I used one when I had an episiotomy done. They don't cut you there with a tvh do they? Otherwise it just helps get the bladder going then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2005, 08:07 PM
What's swelly belly?

Does anyone know exactly just "how big" the so called "swelly belly" gets? I had some swelling after my laparoscopy & d&c but I'm sure that was like a "bee sting" in comparison to what lies ahead after abdominal surgery! I've also heard some sisters say that they actually weigh more after surgery despite being on a liquid diet & hardly eating anything while in the hospital. Is it fluid accumulation that adds the extra lbs.? I can't think of any other expalnation for it!I More than anything I'm really afraid of the... post-op pain & nausea Not to mention the results from pathology for my final staging!
Unread 10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
What's swelly belly?

Me too Mori.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2005, 05:50 AM
What's swelly belly?

After my first tummy tuck(pannulectomy cut hip to hip) the swelling was to uncomfortable to wear my jeans even with a abdominal binder on. Now 2 weeks post op TAH (4" incesion in the muscle wall) and a full anchor cut (incesion vertical and horozontal) for the completed full tummy tuck the pain and swelling just makes my jeans fill a little snug. I had lost alot of weight is the reason for 2 tt, chances are if you've not lost a great deal of weight it will be the bakini cut a 4 or 5" incesion just above the pubic hair line actualy the same incesion they will use for the abdominal hysterectomy. The results are wonderful. For me the pain was very minimal I took my last pain med on day 3. Be sure to tell the anathesia you definatly want something for neausea he will give you Phenergan, and ask for it too post op. As for pain I hate morphine the itching drives me nuts, but if your doc uses it as for Nubane, and Benadryl in the hospital. Demerol is a great drug (IV) and doesnt have the side effects. Good luck and ask for a binder to help keep the swelling to a minimal. Rose
Unread 10-28-2005, 06:00 AM
What's swelly belly?

Neinabogard... A girdle would be too tight and cut off circulaton, ask for an abdominal binder post op, or get a swelly belly band, these dont constrict the blood supply like a girdle. Rose
Unread 10-28-2005, 12:13 PM
What's swelly belly?

I was concerned about what to wear to work so my swelly belly wasn't hanging out all over the place. I wore control top pantyhose and it was VERY comfortable. Many sisters have said that they couldn't imagine putting panty hose on, but for me, it seemed to give me much needed support.
Madonna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register