December 28th is my date! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

December 28th is my date! December 28th is my date!

Unread 12-15-2005, 09:03 PM
December 28th is my date!

Hi everyone,

I really don't know much about this forum. It seems a little confusing. I'm not even sure that this will post. I am also confused by all of the abbreviations. I am having a laproscopic hysterectomy on December 28th. I'm starting to get a little nervous. I just want it to be over with.

Any advice? Also, have many of you had problems with gas/constipation afterwards?

Pampered Camper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2005, 09:09 PM

Hi Pampered Camper,

Here is an ~abbreviations~ link to help you out:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_abbreviations.htm

Best wishes. I had a laparoscopic hyst and I am still very pleased with my results.

Mary
Unread 12-16-2005, 03:55 AM

Hi Pampered Camper and . Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of this site.

I had an abdominal hysterectomy, so I'm not sure if you are asking about the gas they fill your abdominal cavity with when they do it laparoscopically, or the self-generated kind! I have to tell you, I had plenty of that right after and it just didn't want to budge! I wasn't allowed to leave hospital until it did.

As for constipation, I know from reading their posts that was a problem for most of the ladies here, but I (as usual) had the opposite problem at times! I bought all the constipation remedies in advance as I thought I would need them, but I didn't.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to in the days leading up to your op. I know I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 04:13 AM

I had my hysterectomy done abdominally, so I can't tell you much, but wanted to welcome you and say HI! I'm sure you'll find plenty of ladies here who have all sorts of helpful info for you and there are lots of articles and such too. There's a little search box in the upper right corner where you can find old posts on certain topics if you want to go that route for handy information. There are articles on what to take to the hospital, what to expect and such in the section (top left) "Articles & Resources" too. Best of luck!
Kate
Unread 12-16-2005, 04:41 PM

Hi Pampered Camper,
I'm having abdominal hyst 1/6. I heard that you can take Gas-X after the surgery to help with gas and watch how much soda you drink-it can make it worse. Keeping yourself busy seems to help a bit
This site is loaded with tons of info-just look around.
Good Luck!
Unread 12-16-2005, 05:25 PM

Pampered Camper!

I'm sure you will find this site a tremendous help in the weeks ahead. Just spend some time exploring the different areas. I don't know what I would have done without it. Kate is right--just ask anything (and I mean anything!), and some of your HysterSisters will be there to answer your questions and help any way they can.

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and did have tremendous gas pains following surgery and my discharge from the hospital (castle). My discharge from the castle was delayed because I was having problems passing gas. I did take Gas-X but not sure it really helped much. I forgot about not drinking carbonated beverages and had a couple of sodas while I was in the castle. I'm wondering if that could have created more problems for me.

Sending s your way. Hang in there--the waiting is really the worst part!

Judy
Unread 12-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Thank You

Thank you to all my hyster-sisters that responded. I feel so loved!

This is a wonderful site and I am looking forward to getting more information in the week ahead so I can be ready.

Thanks again,

Pampered Camper

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register