moodiness and pain increasing? same for all? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

moodiness and pain increasing? same for all? moodiness and pain increasing? same for all?

Unread 12-16-2005, 05:32 PM
moodiness and pain increasing? same for all?

I'm a really happy person, but moods have gotten horrible, feeling clostraphobic, antsy, migrains everyother day, its making me crazy. Spent most of the day looking for anything that might help. I signed off the emotional eating 2 months ago, lost 13 lbs, but now can't find anything to calm me. Any suggestions would be great. (I walk reguliarly, and do deep breathing, still not helping)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 06:40 PM

The only thing I have found to help is Celexa (antidepressant). Now my insurance coverage has me on a different generic and they aren't helping much but I just don't have the energy to fight it

Have you tried aromatherapy or exercise?
Unread 12-16-2005, 07:23 PM

Have you thought about checking with your Dr. to see if you need to have your hormones adjusted and or added?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 09:05 PM

Auntie "P" arrived today and I promise I have not been a pleasant or very nice person the last few days. One would think after all these years we would get used to it or something and learn how to deal with the emotions better. I guess I am better at seeing it ( moodiness) for what it is and trying not to let it hurt other people's feelings. However, I just do not feel like a very nice person before my period. And I too have had a horrible HA for 2.5 days. Ugh! My hyst is scheduled for 1/25 and I am hopeful it will at least take care of the pain and anemia. Best wishes!
Karen
Unread 12-16-2005, 09:53 PM

String Bean -
Well that would explain the feelings today. Sometimes they just catch you off guard!
I told the ladies, when I return to work, I am going to bring all of my tampons to them...... cuz I'll never need them again.
Good luck to you and with any luck this will be your last Auntie "P" ever..
Unread 12-17-2005, 09:45 AM

Have you tried journaling? Sometimes it helps to get the 'moods' out for me when my coping skills have reached the end of the rope and something is just overwhelming. I find if I put it down on paper, not typing, and then close the book it is out of me and I can focus on daily demands. And I write everything down even if it is a simple, random "Rarrrr". And when the issue or mood is over I may go reread the journal and laugh or I'll pull the pages and destroy them because i'm just done with the mood.

hang in there!
Unread 12-17-2005, 03:40 PM

Thanks! How did your surgery go? Have a date with dh tonight. Kids (5) are spending the night at the gp's. There is a heavy snow storm right now so with any luck they will get snowed in. lol. Poor old grandma and grandpa! lol Actually, they do great with the kids and I am sure they will get them home even if they have to borrow the neighbors tractor! take care and I am laughing Auntie "P" as we speak. God's blessings and happy holidays!
Unread 12-17-2005, 05:01 PM

Hi String Bean Karen ~ I also live in the Kansas City metro area. Yep, we are getting that snow this evening too!! When you said that you and your hubby are getting a night out, WITHOUT KIDS, I immediately thought about some of the AWESOME bed and breakfast places in and around the Kansas City area ~ Do you and your husband ever do anything like that? My husband and I like to get away about once or twice a year & spend a night in a bed and breakfast. It's like being on a fabulous vacation, yet we stay right here in the KC area!! There are some great ones out there like ~ "The James Inn" (in Liberty, MO)... others are "The Pickering House" (in Olathe, KS)..... "The Benner House" (in Weston, MO)...... "Carol's Candlelight Cottage" (in Bonner Springs, KS). There are many many many wonderful B&B's in the KC area...... if you all have never done that for a night.... it's a perfect in-expensive get-away for the Mom ~N~ Dad !!!
Enjoy your evening out tonight & be careful in the snow!!
KimberlyK.
Unread 12-17-2005, 05:18 PM

Hi Wikkedlee ~ I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much emotional stuff.... in addition to the painful "monthly girl stuff"!! I think a lot of our feelings and moods are SO related to our female health. It's no fun, though, I know!! (((GIGANTIC HUGS))) Talk to your doctor about it. I've taken Lexapro before and it is very effective. As far as the cost of it though... it's a bit pricey... but it's good. I think, for me, the biggest help in my own life is prayer. That isn't always the case for everyone, I know.... but, for me it is very helpful & gets me through everyday... the up's and the down's of every day. I also find that taking time out "for you" is MAJOR important!! Do you own a little cd walkman? I have one and I just love to put that silly little thing on and just listen to calming music (Yanni's music is excellent for that!!) I just escape to my bedroom & put on my little walkman..... if for even a few minutes here and there.... and it can totally change my mood in a heartbeat!! Just find ANY little thing... or a bunch of little things that can make YOU feel pampered & valued!!

Keep us posted ~
KimberlyK.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register