Hey I'm stressed ...wait I'm not...nope now I am.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hey I'm stressed ...wait I'm not...nope now I am.... Hey I'm stressed ...wait I'm not...nope now I am....

Unread 07-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey I'm stressed ...wait I'm not...nope now I am....

Waiting is the worse part. I think this is natural to be stressed and flip back and forth with emotions. Best of luck and a speedy recovery sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 06:09 PM

I am SO there with you! Plus I can't seem to shut my brain off at night so now I'm stressed, sleep-deprived, and in pain, but somehow still full of nervous energy. Best wishes to all who are venturing to the castle tomorrow and this week. Prayers for an uneventful stay and speedy, restful recovery.
Unread 07-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Waiting is hard. I was so glad to get my TAH BSO overwith. I am six weeks post op now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM
also anxious

Hi, Twags,
I am scheduled for TAH/BSO July 16th - first case, so I will be at the castle by 5:00am. I have 1 more day of work before I do the housecleaning thing and take care of all of my lists. I have found myself feeling more anxious in the past couple of days, and trying to focus on the whole planning and cleaning thing has kept me going.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. See you on the other side!

luv2dive
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat46
Hi twags, I have my surgery tomorrow also, mine is set for 1:30. Have to be there 11:30. I have the exact same thing going on in my head. You are ahead of me on the packing and laundry. I am 1/2 packed, and still need to do another load of laundry.

I just drank my citrate of mag. for my bowel prep and its only liquids for me. Advice for anyone - don't get the lemon, very sour. Wish I went with the grape/berry. Yuck. Tastes like my daughters sour patch kids. My bowel prep was just breakfast and broth, tea, and clear liquids nothing else today and then after midnight nothing. Wish surgery was ealier, but I am sure I'll be too anxious to eat or worry about food.

I'm from NJ also, very close to you. Having my surgery at Morristown. Really lucky to have Dr. Tobias as my Gyn/Onc. He seems really nice. I had my chemo at Morristown and feel really comfortable there. I had my mastectomy at Overlook and it was wonderful too. Good luck tomorrow. I'll keep you in my thoughts. We'll get through this together and this time next week, we'll be helping and giving advice to the "new" girls.
xo

Morristown is a great hospital! My doc delivered my kids via section, and removed a tumor from my left ovary 18 years ago, so I know I'm in good hands!

Best wishes for us all tomorrow!
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:14 PM

Thanks all for the replies - I was going to respond to each one of you - but I'm just so tired and honestly haven't finished putting my bag together yet! And it's after midnight!

Best wishes to all. I'll "see" you all in a week or two!
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:45 PM

I wish all of you well with your upcoming surgeries. I was just like you Twags. I got so nervous the week before my surgery that I broke out with Shingles. I had a TVH, BSO and A&P repair on the 19th of June. My prayers will be with you. God bless.
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:05 PM

You are on the same ride most of post op gals have felt, so you are right there with the crowd. Gosh the teeter totter of emotions before surgery can keep your stomach in your throat, which if you did a bowel prep is not a tasty treat I know. It is apparently normal to have doubts, fears and just plain scardiness before you go to the castle. I am 13 days back from a LSH and felt ALL the things you are feeling. Peace and gratitude that I could finally get the pain and hassle taken care of, fear of what may happen, anixety that my family could handle all the things I usually take care of without complete anarchy and happiness that I had sisters that had been through it before and came out fine on the other side. You and the others going in tomorrow and this week will be included in my prayers throughout the days to come for calming thoughts, peace with your decisions and for a wonderful nursing staff at the castle!
TIP: I told my anethesiogist SP? that morning I could use something to calm me down as I was extremely anxious. Shoot, I told my DH I wanted to be knocked out in the elevator on the way up. Doc took care of it in just 2 minutes and I knew nothing - felt nothing until I woke up in my room 2 hours later. YAY! Ask for help if you feel you need it and blessings to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register