Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 12-20-2003, 07:52 AM
What will you do with your tampons?

You will have to forgive me for being so silly lately. I've been in a good mood since my visit with doc yesterday. Aside from the fact that he is totally hot (oh, bad combination, eh?), he said I should have no pain or bleeding and I'm recovering well.

So with that said, here's another silly question to lighten the mood of this horrible procedure.

What will you do with your leftover pads and tampons?

My DH and I discussed dipping the tampons in gold paint and hanging them from the Christmas tree. We can let the kids do it, they'll never know what they are. The pads, I was thinking of using in case I run out of tape wrapping presents. I'm so happy I won't ever have to stand in THAT aisle at the grocery store anymore, pretending I'm buying something else while trying to find the right size among the thirty thousand different varieties. Woo hoo!

Hey, I have an idea! Remember the Boston Tea Party? Well, of course you don't remember it personally. But, well, what if all of us "sisters" meet on a boat somewhere in a harbor and toss our tampons overboard? Teabags....tampons...what's the difference? They all have strings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Hi. I loved your posting! Let me know when, where and which boat and I'll be there!
Unread 12-20-2003, 08:23 AM

do it during the flooding season so the river won't overflow!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2003, 10:31 AM

Count me in!

We can also use our leftover pads as 'swiffers', stick them on the bottoms of our feet and clean the floor!
Unread 12-20-2003, 10:35 AM

Swiffers! That's excellent. I'm going to try it right now.

I hear the pads make great insoles too if you're shoes aren't comfy.
Unread 12-20-2003, 11:19 AM

Hi Ladies!

Great ideas, I will add a few more.

I wanted to have a "liberation party". Part of my grieving process. My friends (all of which I love dearly but have not a stinking clue what I am going through physically or emotionally either pre or post) thought I was nuts. They thought I was crass to think about burning some sort of FPD (feminine protection device) and that it was silly, if not stupid. So, I didn't.

I am probably the lowest in my circle of friends on the socioeconomic scale so no one wanted "my brands" as they were always just what I needed: big flow maximum coverage. Since I spend a lot of time in the outdoors, my internal FPDs were all biodegradable (one time a seagull took off with a used one I ditched from my boat. Sometimes they get clams and stuff and drop them on some of the posh waterfont restaurant roofs here in seattle to break the shell...my imagination went wild thinking it would land on some waterfront diner's table, or worse!--so I really laughed at the tea party thought...I have a boat!)

But all brevity aside, I have a friend who is a refugee from a middle eastern country. She changed religions and suffered the worst and was able to get out of her country. She told me about how she used rags back at home and became a non-entity during her menses. Well, I had just about every strength pad to back up my tampons and for post surgery bleeding (which I only used one pad!) and when I asked my friend if she could use them she was so happy as she is on very limited resources. So what was to me a curse became a blessing for her. She doesn't use internal ones so I am thinking that my friends all have their own brands that there are shelters that can use these. My college group at church feeds the homeless once a month so I will probably join them one night and see if they can be used by folks there.

Just some thoughts. I appreciate these boards so much. I have gotten some well needed laughs! Blessings.
Unread 12-20-2003, 11:34 AM
YES!

Hello ladies,
What a liberating feeling. Aren't we princesses lucky? For the first time last Thurs I walked past the "feminine products" aisle at our local Costco (walked slowly mind, 2.5 days post op!). I did a little dance, shrieked a bit. Embarrassed the dh (only a little bit) and shouted (quietly-ish): "none of those HORRIBLE things any more. HAHAHAHAHA. And think of the money I'll save!!".
I was seeing 3 gf's that same eve for a pre-Christmas drinkies. I'd wondered about distributing my leftovers so they wouldn't go to waste. Um'd and ah'd about it for some hours. But decided these dear Canadian (work) friends were probably a bit buttoned up to be able to stomach the gift and wouldn't quite appreciate the gesture behind it. So they're going to Brit gf's of longer-standing (now spread all over the globe: US, Greece, Oz) who have long known I'm mad, but with my heart in the right place. I like the idea of passing to a shelter for those in need , but some of my "goods" have been opened...
Happy holidays everyone.
All the best.
Nellie One

Unread 12-20-2003, 01:00 PM

Thanks for making me slaugh. What a great posting! I, am wrapping up all my unused tampon boxes (CVS had a huge sale before I found out I needed surgery and I stocked up for the year!) and passing them out as holiday gifts. ** ** **! Have a wonderful holiday!

Susan
Unread 12-20-2003, 01:41 PM

know what would be fun? We can all line up outside of Saddam Hussein's cell with slingshots, wait for him to come out and FIRE! The hystersister firing squad.

Talk about weapons of mass destruction.
Unread 12-20-2003, 01:42 PM

hello, i am preop at this point but wanted to post this was too funny!
i dont wear tampons but use gladrags and mamapads, still trying to figure out what to do with them LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register