super confused and scared..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

super confused and scared..... super confused and scared.....

Unread 10-28-2011, 07:22 PM
super confused and scared.....

was told a couple weeks ago I have and inflamed/soft uterus---that I need a Hysterectomy..... Im constantly in pain---- Im not sure what to do dr said I was too young for him to take my ovaries---this whole thing has just gotten me so scared and confused--- where I just want to ignore it and pretend its not there. but the pain wont let that happen... what do i do should I or shouldnt I ? I had a tubal ligation 3 yrs ago. So part of me says ok why not? Im not using anything anyways---But I feel that is what makes me a woman--its FINAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Re: super confused and scared.....

I know this is a very scary time. Being told you need a hysterectomy can make you feel very unnerved and very anxious. Loosing a uterus can feel like you are loosing your femininity. It is such a symbol of womanhood. You are loosing something that made its presence known to you on a regular basis for decades. And now that is being taken away from you against your will. It does not matter that you had your tubes tied - it is still a loss. It is normal to feel confused and frightened with all of this going on!

I do not know what other options you have medically. But you can get a second opinion. I see your surgery date is not until spring of next year, so it appears you have some time.

(((Hugs))) to you...
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:01 AM

Thank you Thats exactly right I feel like I do need a second opinion, but then again I just want this pain to be gone!!!!! I want this whole nightmare to just be over..... Im 36 yrs old--- im too young for this to be happening to me WHY ME???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 08:10 PM

I understand, sweetie - it is so difficult to go through this. You are understandably frustrated. It is not fair, and you are young for this. Living in pain is not a way to live. I can see how you would just want this over now.

Understand that there are many women on this site who have experienced similar circumstances to what you are going through right now. Some may be older, some may be younger. But, we are all in this together, and together we get each other through this.

It is up to you whether or not to get a second opinion. You need to make the decision that is right for you and for your circumstances. A second opinion would at least allow you to see what another doctor would say. There might be an alternative, I do not know.

Whatever you decide, honey, we support you. We are here for you no matter what.

Super gentle (((hugs))) being sent your way...
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:34 PM

I understand how you feel. I felt the exact same way, only I suffered terribly once every month since I was only 14 and now I am 42. I don't know why, but suddenly I decided that I had suffered enough. I had to go to that place in my heart and just ask myself if I could continue living my life around my periods. They controlled every plan I made, my friends thought it was funny that I had to meet with my calendar before I'd plan to do a night out with them, of course, they didn't have heavy, painful cycles. I thought of surgery but, I put it off for the past 6 years by saying that I could handle it, so I did. Today I am 11 days post op vaginal hyst. (they took the cervix and ut, not ovaries with no incisions at all on the belly) and I am feeling good. I think this decision, for many of us, comes down to deciding when "enough is enough"? We all have a different experience with pain. Good luck to you!
Unread 10-30-2011, 07:52 AM

I am 26 and have had the same suffering I have seen 6 different drs and had 8 surgeries for the same issues. I finally found a dr that would take my ovaries even with my age. For me it was a best option. If u don't feel like u r being heard or your questions r not being answered find sOmeone else. You are employing them not the other way Around. Find someone who listens and is a good fit for u and makes u feel comfortable. Lay it all out on table and expect them to do the same.

Don't make yr decision in desperation or haste!

Good luck. Warmth thoughts yr way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register