i swear my uterus/fibroids know they're leaving, so they're fighting back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i swear my uterus/fibroids know they're leaving, so they're fighting back i swear my uterus/fibroids know they're leaving, so they're fighting back

Unread 07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
i swear my uterus/fibroids know they're leaving, so they're fighting back

I'm sorry for the long rambling ranting post. I'm just in A LOT of pain, I've got the pre-hyster nerves going big time and I feel like you ladies are the only ones who even remotely understand.

For the past 5 or so years I've suffered with terrible painful periods, and in the last 2 years they've gotten longer and the pain and cramps last all month long, so I'm no stranger to pain. I've survived all this time popping ibuprofin and naproxen like candy.

Since being diagnosed with fibroids and suspected adeno a couple weeks ago, the pain has gotten so much worse. I'm a week away from my next period, and the pain was so bad yesterday I almost went to the ER last night. My dr gave me a prescription for darvocet, which I've been alternating with prescription naproxen 550. It's barely taking the edge off. Because of allergies, darvocet one of the few pain meds I can take.

I kept telling myself, this is your LAST period, you can make it!! Then I went to my tracking calendar, and guess what. This WON'T be my last one. I'll actually be on day 5 of my period when my surgery is scheduled on 9/7. The real kicker is that I was told that I had to be off any naproxen/ibuprofen/acetaminophen at least a week before surgery. Y'all, I can't make it through this nothing at all!!!

So I've got a call in to my dr's office to see if I have any options here at all. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have a cancellation and my surgery can be moved up.

I'm asking that some prayers be said for me, I really could use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Re: i swear my uterus/fibroids know they're leaving, so they're fighting back

Ouch - you have my sympathy! My surgery was last week and I can tell you I feel much better already.

See if you can move the surgery up and hang in there - you are almost there !

I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery ...
Unread 07-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I really hope they can move your surgery up! Mine is 8/9 and I can't wait!! Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Thank you so much sisters!! I just got off the phone with my dr's office and they've moved me to 8/9. I'll still have to go thru this last period with no meds, but at least I know it will be the LAST one EVER. And it's gonna be a doozy, I can tell already.

rls, we'll be date sisters woot!!
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM

We'll both be in surgery on 8/9 and then off to recovery!!! We're gonna be so glad we did this!!
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Hi btfldsaster! -- You are speaking my language, sister. I am scheduled for 8/2 and was prescribed Prometrium. The doctor's assistant said this should prevent me from having my period. Ha! I started to bleed yesterday and am flowing like the Nile River with clots passing every hour or so. My body feels like I have been hit by a truck and then the truck backed up over me again.. As you know, no pain meds except Tylenol which I am popping like tic-tacs. Like you, I just keep thinking about how I will never have this problem again. I have had such huge doubts about whether a hysterectomy is the right thing to do. I asked God to confirm for me that surgery was the right thing to do so perhaps this last period is actually an answer to prayer. Please know I will be praying for your endurance until 8/9. Peace & blessing, sister.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:18 PM

I just joined today. I am so glad I did. I understand what you mean. I feel like my uterus/fibroids know they are leaving to. Pain and no energy sucks. My cycle started yesterday and I have been in bed since then. My surgery is 8/5. We will make it through this Prayers coming your way!
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:08 PM

Can barely wait to wake up in recovery! Yay!!
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:15 PM

welcome to hyster sisters, destined4gr8nes! Constant pain & no energy does indeed suck...I've lived with it for so long I've forgotten what 'normal' feels like. Just think, by this time next year we'll be like brand new women Thank you so much for your prayers, I'll definitely keep you in mine!

EndoCystFibroid, I've followed your other thread and know you've really had a hard time coming to this decision. And I think you're right, these last periods we're going thru are huge reminders of why we need to have this done. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. Let's all focus on uneventful surgeries and swift healthy recoveries.

I'm still in major pain, but knowing its so much closer to being over is a huge relief. I'm going to take my max dose of darvocet and curl up with the heating pad and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Those 2 guys almost always make me feel better
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Hi btfl,

I can so relate to what you are going through. My fibroid was discovered five years ago after twelve hours in the ER for severe kidney pain. The docs figure it was interfering with the ureter. I had my TVH on 3/22/10 and am so glad. I was in the kind of pain you are in for the last two months and missed an awful lot of work because I couldn't function. The two weeks I had to be off pain meds were very difficult with me in so much pain that I couldn't understand what my students were saying to me, and formulating a sensical answer was impossible at times. I was terrified of two weeks with nothing but Tylenol.

Do your best to take care of yourself right now and let people help you. One of the best things I did was to talk to my principal right away because he was very understanding and supportive. Talk to your boss and see if arrangements can be made for reduced hours while you are dealing with this agony. Maybe working from home is an option. (not knowing what you do or if finances will allow this.) I did sleep a lot at that time because that was just about my only relief.

I so hope your surgery is moved up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register