Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Nov 22, 2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Nov 22, 2020 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Nov 22, 2020

Unread 11-22-2020, 12:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Nov 22, 2020

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2020, 06:18 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Nov 22, 2020

Ladies

Looking forward to meeting you all today and over the next few weeks on your Recovery Progress Report thread when your on the other side. I will be your SunshineSister.

Today is a good day to finish prepping your nest. Where you plan to relax, rest and give your body time to heal. It could be your favorite recliner as well as your bed. Also prep any food items that could be helpful for your family or you to warm in the first few weeks of your recovery. Patience will be your friend as you heal. So prep your brain to allow what ever time your body needs to heal. You will heal faster if you keep things quiet in your lower ab.

Please feel free to ask any questions today.

Hugs
Anndy
Unread 11-22-2020, 08:30 AM

My surgery will be Wednesday the 25th...the day before my 54th birthday!

Yesterday I went for my blood work and covid test and the lady who drew my blood said her mom is having a hysterectomy on Wednesday too and at the same hospital. It always feels good to know you're not alone in doing something.

Best wishes to everyone having surgery this week and may things go as planned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2020, 08:57 AM

Starlight2020,

No Sis, you aren’t alone. We here at HS will be with you every step of the way. Make sure you post on the Recovery Progress Report thread when you are up to it after your surgery. I will be there and I am sure many of your surgery week sisters also.

Thoughts and prayers with you,
Anndy
Unread 11-22-2020, 10:28 AM

I’m having surgery tomorrow, and it’s my first time ever going under. I’m 38 years old and have three large fibroids that have been causing me a lot of issues. Overall I’m feeling relatively calm about the surgery, but I’m nervous about making sure I set up as much in advance so that it is easy for my husband to help me in recovery.

I have all my post-op things ready - prune juice, gatorade and lighter foods for the first few days, and i just sent my husband out for more fun snacks for when I’m ready to eat more normal stuff. I’m an over-preparer, so I’m nervous that I’m going to forget something or will end up craving something that I haven’t thought of already. I don’t want to ask too much of my husband while I’m recovering - I’m used to being really independent so the anticipation of being reliant on someone else for the most basic needs is kind of stressing me out. But I know it will all be ok, and he has been wonderfully supportive leading up to this, and he is up for the charge

It’s really helpful to have a community like this and know that there is support out there. Thank you!
Unread 11-22-2020, 12:47 PM

sky boss,

I am sure you forgot something but the important thing is to not worry about it. What is important now is a good nights sleep. Oh, drink lots of water between now and when you were told to stop intake. Hydration will help. Somehow I was so thirsty when I woke up and couldn’t get enough for the first few hours.

See you soon on the other side,
Anndy
Unread 11-22-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboss View Post
I’m having surgery tomorrow, and it’s my first time ever going under. I’m 38 years old and have three large fibroids that have been causing me a lot of issues. Overall I’m feeling relatively calm about the surgery, but I’m nervous about making sure I set up as much in advance so that it is easy for my husband to help me in recovery.

I have all my post-op things ready - prune juice, gatorade and lighter foods for the first few days, and i just sent my husband out for more fun snacks for when I’m ready to eat more normal stuff. I’m an over-preparer, so I’m nervous that I’m going to forget something or will end up craving something that I haven’t thought of already. I don’t want to ask too much of my husband while I’m recovering - I’m used to being really independent so the anticipation of being reliant on someone else for the most basic needs is kind of stressing me out. But I know it will all be ok, and he has been wonderfully supportive leading up to this, and he is up for the charge

It’s really helpful to have a community like this and know that there is support out there. Thank you!
Hi skyboss,

I remember my first time under general anesthesia and how nervous I felt. Even many surgeries later, I still get some anxiety as I head into the OR. It's just not a normal activity, no matter how many times you need to do it!

Please remember, if you have any questions or concerns: Call Your Surgeon. The office staff are there to address any worries you may have. It's ok to call just to ask *one more question*. This is your body, your life, and it's totally ok to speak up.

Here are a few articles to let you know what to expect when you arrive at the hospital.

First Surgery: Hysterectomy
5 Ways to Prepare & First Surgery

If Hysterectomy is Your First Surgery Part 1
If Hysterectomy is Your First Surgery Part 2
If Hysterectomy is Your First Surgery Part 3
I hope this helps! The waiting is really the hardest part, because of all the unknowns. Once you are on the Other Side, it's a big relief. Remember you are not alone. There are many ladies here in the same boat with you, and we are always here when you need a hug.

Unread 11-22-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight2020 View Post
My surgery will be Wednesday the 25th...the day before my 54th birthday!

Yesterday I went for my blood work and covid test and the lady who drew my blood said her mom is having a hysterectomy on Wednesday too and at the same hospital. It always feels good to know you're not alone in doing something.

Best wishes to everyone having surgery this week and may things go as planned!

What a wonderful gift to give yourself! As women, we tend to put ourselves & even our health needs somewhat on the back burner. Addressing these concerns is a huge gift to yourself & your family. We often feel some guilt or concern about inconveniencing our family members, but I reminded myself that I was giving them the opportunity to participate in helping me live a healthier, happier life.

Wishing you all the best for an uneventful recovery & a wonderful 54th birthday!

Unread 11-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Nov 22, 2020

46 and c-section total hysterectomy surgery scheduled for Wednesday the 25th. Never had any major surgery so I’m a little nervous. Not even sure what to bring to the hospital and probably most bummed that the hospital will allow no visitors while I’m there. I’ve been told by several family members that it’s the best thing (medically) they ever did so I keep holding on to that for reassurance.
Unread 11-22-2020, 03:43 PM

Kboatwright,

This was my 1st major surgery also. I read the posts here and took very little to the Hospital and didn’t use much of it. I was to groggy to read or crochet. So those went back in bag. I was smart about clothing I wore very loose sweats to and then took clean under things to put on and wore the same outer garments home it made things simple. I had to stay an extra day so I did take a shower before I left. Ended up being very smart also. There was a seat so it was easy and felt great. I napped lots between nurses popping in and out. Tooth brush and lip gloss were used.

I will be thinking of you and your sisters this week so remember you aren’t alone.

Sister hugs,
Anndy
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register