Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 191 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Well, big storms in our metro area woke me up again w/severe storm warnings at 2:15 until 3:15 a.m. I only got about five hours of sleep. I am about to leave for work w/sleeping teen/granddaughter still lucky to not have school until next week. Hope they are good to each other while I'm gone.

I am sooooooooooo tired. My knot doesn't feel to bad each a.m. but I know it'll be tied up and bugging me like crazy before I know it. Off I go. A great Tuesday to you all as you continue to heal. I might be at 7 weeks and a day, but I'm sure not normal by any stretch of the imagination. And my sister who finished the 3 day sixty mi. cancer walk this weekend is all gung ** about how i'm going to join her team next year. I can't imagine it and all of you know how much i walk. Yesterday i did not do one lap. Now, i did take a fifteen min. 'hike' w/a coworker but i didn't even count that in my tired mind.

Later, ladies. Again, a good luck day to you all, esp. those w/appointments today for post op checks. I can't wait until mine on Fri..........I wonder if he will take a swab for the dysplasia or tell me to wait another month or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 06:27 AM

Yes E...the storms were very noisy, at least this time I did not lose power. I have not slept since 3am and did'nt fall asleep until midnight. Feeling really tired AND THAT'S WITH TAKING LUNESTA!!! My G.I. tract is really acting up. Seems like nothing wants to stay in there. I have lost another couple pounds. Hopefully it is all caused by the antibiotics.

I have 7 days before starting work and I am really nervous about it with all this internal stuff going on. I almost feel like adding another week on so I get this G.I. stuff worked out first. Just thinking I would hate to start and then have to take time off again.
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:17 AM

Hi girls. We officially started back to work yesterday. I admit, I'm kinda galad I was cut back to 3 hrs, at least at first. But it can,t last if we are to have all the food ready for these kids and get them served in a reasonable amount of time. Only reason we are right now is because we got as much ready ahead of time as we could last week. I go in at 9:30, we have 30 minutes for lunch at 10:15, then serve the 1st lunch at 11:15, 2nd lunch at 12:10, and special ed in between. Then I leave at 1:00. Everyone else at 1:15. So at least for now, I won't be helping to sweep, mop or clean the dishwasher. I barely have enough time to was my pans. Use to be we got a break at about 11:50 if we were all caught up. That ain't happening now! I was moving pretty good until the boss told me it was time to go. The further I walked down the hallway to the clock, the slower and shorter my steps got. When I passed thru the kitchen, I told my boss I was going home to lay down with som advil. On my way home I remembered I needed to drive to the next town to the hospital to get a holter monitor put on. Sigh. Bottom line. I survived. And even made it to church last night. (We got a revival going on.) Well, gotta go feed kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:21 AM

Good luck to all with post-op apts keep us posted!
Byfaith-I go back to work in 8 days.
Ele/Byfaith-sorry to hear about the storm you guys had.

DD woke up with no fever and her throat looked clear can you believe it! So she got to go to school today. Slept well last night It took me a little bit to get to sleep but once I did I stayed asleep. Today my throat and ears hurt I wonder if I'am coming down with what DD had.

I hope those that are back to work have a good day and are able to keep from overdoing it. Today I'am going to curl up to that book again and maybe I will be able to get another good nap. This afternoon will be busy carting kids to practice and getting more school supplies (you know the extra list they give you once school starts, of course I will have to go to 9 different stores because know one has anything left UGHHHH.....)

Hope all goes well for everyone today.
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Hi girls. We officially started back to work yesterday. I admit, I'm kinda galad I was cut back to 3 hrs, at least at first. But it can,t last if we are to have all the food ready for these kids and get them served in a reasonable amount of time. Only reason we are right now is because we got as much ready ahead of time as we could last week. I go in at 9:30, we have 30 minutes for lunch at 10:15, then serve the 1st lunch at 11:15, 2nd lunch at 12:10, and special ed in between. Then I leave at 1:00. Everyone else at 1:15. So at least for now, I won't be helping to sweep, mop or clean the dishwasher. I barely have enough time to was my pans. Use to be we got a break at about 11:50 if we were all caught up. That ain't happening now! I was moving pretty good until the boss told me it was time to go. The further I walked down the hallway to the clock, the slower and shorter my steps got. When I passed thru the kitchen, I told my boss I was going home to lay down with som advil. On my way home I remembered I needed to drive to the next town to the hospital to get a holter monitor put on. Sigh. Bottom line. I survived. And even made it to church last night. (We got a revival going on.) Well, gotta go feed kids.
Sounds like an exhausting day!! I hope everything turns out normal on the halter monitor how long do you have to wear it?
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:34 AM

I'am a little late finding this thread hope that's ok. I'am going to read thru all the posts to get caught up just want to say hi first.
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:57 AM

Well, I slept and slept and SLEPT last night, which is not at all what you insomniacs want to hear, is it? But I start back to work part-time tomorrow and don't know how I'm going to drag myself out of bed. However, there's a staff meeting that I don't want to miss -- there have been a lot of changes over the summer. If I come home exhausted I'll take the rest of the week off and give it another try next week. I work for the Canadian government and have lots of sick leave accumulated, so more time off isn't a problem. I realize how fortunate I am when I read some of your messages. Good luck and good healing to all.
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:58 AM

Me Too!!
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper
Well, I slept and slept and SLEPT last night, which is not at all what you insomniacs want to hear, is it? But I start back to work part-time tomorrow and don't know how I'm going to drag myself out of bed. However, there's a staff meeting that I don't want to miss -- there have been a lot of changes over the summer. If I come home exhausted I'll take the rest of the week off and give it another try next week. I work for the Canadian government and have lots of sick leave accumulated, so more time off isn't a problem. I realize how fortunate I am when I read some of your messages. Good luck and good healing to all.

Well its good to hear that someones getting some sleep around here. Mines getting better two nights no sleep aid.
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:09 AM

Strange regarding sleep. I had been doing really good with the Lunesta. Then last night NO SLEEP. I may try to nap soon. I don't funtion very well on 3 hours...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register