Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

I still have pain every now and then that requires tylenol. I tend to have more pain in the evening and when I go to be and lay down. I don't know why that it is that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 08:46 PM

I had my TAH on May 23rd and I am still taking ibuprofen daily and have taken Percocet at night up until the last 2 nights. It really seemes to me that I have 1 good day and thenoverdo it and sleep most of the time for the next 2-3 days that follow that day. (Very frustrating). I guess it just takes as long as it takes. Hang in there and try and compare how you feel week by week instead of day by day.
Jen
Unread 06-17-2007, 01:43 AM

Here it is....again 3:30 a.m. and I am once again having insomnia...my one real side effect since having surgery on May 21....that and being VERY weepy yesterday for the first time. OMG I was even crying because the traffic was bad while going to a 80th birthday celebration for an hour or so. Very odd behaviour for me, that is for sure.

Anyway...

Nascargal, I had a TAH/BSO and only had minor spotting the first two days...after that, absolutely nothing. I was initially concerned about that, but was told that it was normal. I started a thread about a week or so ago about the same thing, and a number of hyster sisters wrote that they had experienced the same, without any problems. You may just be one of those lucky ones who haven't had to worry since surgery about pads, wearing white, etc.

Daffodil53, I am still on 600mg Motrin (ibuprofen) a couple of times a day, and a Vicodin sometimes in the evening (now maybe once a week) if I have a bit more pain than I would like. I have been taking it VERY easy...haven't started driving yet, haven't done any housework except maybe wipe down the kitchen counter, and my walks have not been strenuous. I did get an infection in my incision, but since being on antibiotics, it has virtually cleared up. I traditionally tolerate pain very well, but this has thrown me for a little loop. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I won't need the pain meds as much.

Hope everyone is healing well.....

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 02:43 AM

troyryans3: Thanks for relating your experience. I too normally tolerate pain fairly well and this has surprised me a bit. I don't feel so bad now.
Unread 06-17-2007, 05:27 AM

Daffodil53, I'm so happy to hear that you are doing better! Here's hoping that all sisters within our week of surgery are on the mend!!

Happy healing,
Kathy
Unread 06-17-2007, 06:24 AM

Hang in there sisters!

I'm feeling very good to day, so I'm sending you all some of my feeling good vibrations!
Unread 06-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Tvh

Well going on four weeks and somedays I feel pretty good and then boom. Im still having strange pains around my belly button area kinda prickley but they hurt and I also feel weirdness up inside like the vaginia area, I dont know if its because I have been working and on my feet too much or what just weird sensation. This seems to have kick my butt more than I thought it would. So im doing nothing today but realaxing. praying that we all start feeling better soon.
Unread 06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
3 weeks 2 days out

i had my best day yet yesterday. i don't think i overdid it. i had energy and felt upbeat. i didn't have much pain.

my main problems which are lessening but still apparent are fatigue (worse sometimes than others), can't sit upright very long (slight recline is ok), insomnia (mostly treatable with Ambien) and swelly belly. Pain is easing but comes and goes.

i see a lot of progress in my healing and for that i've very thankful! of course i'm also thankful that i've read so much here on this site about 2 steps forward, 1 step back because when i take that step back, i don't get too discouraged. i know i'm still ahead of where i was!
Unread 06-17-2007, 12:17 PM

Ladies! I am so happy and releived to hear of where you are since that is where I am too. 2 forward, 1 back, with some pain and some insomnia and some energy and wiped out times. It reminds me from whence I came. And to where I am going. Full recovery! We are moving right along Ladies. Full steam ahead! Or maybe full steam when we have steam.
Unread 06-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Just like Daffodil 53, I am also taking pain killers or ibuprofen on a regular basis and its been over 3 weeks. Also spotting with bright red regularly. I don't do much of anything but rest and walk a little, but I am just trying to be patient, which is hard, since I am used to going at lightning speed when I feel good. Maybe that is why I just need to SLOW the heck down and be grateful for this recovery time, forced as it is. I only have really good things to look forward to once I can be active enough to really enjoy them.
I keep looking for the gift of this quiet time and that usually settles me down. It has given me the opportunity to do all the things I never get around to otherwise, like organizing my photos, sewing some needlepoint, painting or drawing, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register