Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 01-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Well, maybe its just the same as mefeeling like lifes just going on around me, me not feeling up to getting back into it, yet tired of being cooped up...it will pass...I hope.
I became a little sad myself this evening. My hubby is a courier and delivers all over the US and Canada. He took the day before until the day after surgery off and was suppose to only work in town or where he could be home at Nights at least until I was allowed to drive (If something happens I have no one near to help) Anyway, the day after I came home, he went to Alabama, so was gone from 7am thursday until 3am saturday...fought with me on saturday over not wanting to walk down 18 steps to fix his printer...So he volunteered to work in the office Sunday 7am to 7pm and when he got home said after he read his mail he had to go to bed because he took a run to conneticutt and had to leave at 5am. He called once to gripe about his van but other than that, no real conversation with me since surgery. Here it is Wednesday 2:30am when he finally comes in, doesnt say anything except to the cat. I got up and tried to hug him but only got a half arm kinda pat and a "really" when I told him I missed him. Then he just got in his sleep pants and got in bed, was asleep snoring within second...which is what he's doing now. I got very sad because Im feeling things get worse instead of better...but Im going to chalk it up to a very long day driving for him and see how tomorrow goes.

Other than that...my leg is still killing me, which doc says may take awhile to go away... Im having shooting pains in the vagi- which he says is it healing, and my insides are tender.
Hey, its only almost 8 days post for me so its ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havaheart66
I'm not sure why I'm so blue today! I got a good checkup. I just have no energy and feel like I'll never be the same again. But then again would I want to be the same? Bleeding 26 days out of 30??? Nadda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 07:34 AM

Hi Ladies,

I have been making up for the delayed bm the last 2 days! All I can say is ouch! When my Dr. office called me in a refill of pain meds they called in something that I had told them I was allergic to, I didn't catch it and look really pretty with swollen torn up lips and a swollen tongue! Well at least that is behind me now, hopefully they will get it right when call it back in today!

My Dr. also told me that I would still have pms too. So at least we don't have crarmping and bleeding anymore, just being bloated and cranky.

I will be praying that we all feel alot better soon! Just remember it will get better!
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
Now whats got you so blue havaheart? I can promise its gonna get better soon...everything does!
I'll wish away your blues as I wish away these vagiflutters I cant do anything about!

Kim
maume3:

What are vagiflutters? I think I have had those after my last surgery and now I am having them now after this most recent surgery but couldn't figure out what they are caused from. Even my nurse friend didn't know what they were.
Please tell me what they are so I know that I am not going crazy.
Thank you,
Julie: Kettlecorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Yes I want to know what is a vagiflutters too? Maume3 I'm sorry your having it so bad too. I hope your leg pains get better and the Vja pains as well. I think most of the pains i'm feeling is the bladder infection. I honestly feel like I've been run over by a truck today. Just sort of achy all over. And I'm not taking anything other than Tylenol for pain and afraid to take one of those pain pills just to help me rest. I probably got about three or four hours of sleep last night.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I"m miserable! Constipated...

I'm waiting for my doc to call me back, but I've been on the potty since 6:30am trying! I'm in so much pain too. I've been taking stool softener, but I feel like I need something! Is this normal one week post op? I feel like I should've gone by now!!
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:53 PM

I just got my first bm yesterday, that was 8 days after surgery. I had been taking stool softeners and broke down and started taking mira-lax that someone on here recommended. It took three doses of that to get me going. Now I have been going every litttle bit since. Now my behind is sore, I wonder if I can use the destind that I used durning the bowel prep. I just don't know if that would be a problem with the rectal repairs.
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:05 PM

I finally had a bm on day 8. Had to do a complete clean out pre-op, and been on soft foods/liquid diet all week. Finally got stool softeners and prunes (took only 2). Worked. Now I just need the catheter out and get the bladder spasms to go away.
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM

Juli,
I just named it that. It feels like the little flutters you'd have right before or right after an Orgasm...wellI do anyway. I asked my doc and he said its the vagina healing and is good news because it is a clue that the sensation is there (Ive never been an "internal sensation" girl but I guess now Im gonna be?? anyway they drive me nuts because I sometimes mistake it for needing to pee...lol
Your not crazy, it happens.

Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlecorn
maume3:

What are vagiflutters? I think I have had those after my last surgery and now I am having them now after this most recent surgery but couldn't figure out what they are caused from. Even my nurse friend didn't know what they were.
Please tell me what they are so I know that I am not going crazy.
Thank you,
Julie: Kettlecorn
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Dont worry so much about taking a pain pill, your body will heal better if your pain is under control and your resting properly. I didnt take any meds yesterday (I slept 15hrs straight) and Im paying for it today. I have an infection too even though I was pretreated with antibiotics before, during, and after surgery due to my metal allergy. Anyway Im back on antibiotics now and hope I am better soon. Anyone have their appetite back yet? I had one day that I was hungry but other than that I cant stand the thought of food. Ive only taken a few bites here and there. However, I think I may just be a little down from only seeing hubby 1 day in over 9 days. Maybe tonight I'll not only get to see him but also have a BM!! Ive had 2 since surgery, but Im feeling bloated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havaheart66
Yes I want to know what is a vagiflutters too? Maume3 I'm sorry your having it so bad too. I hope your leg pains get better and the Vja pains as well. I think most of the pains i'm feeling is the bladder infection. I honestly feel like I've been run over by a truck today. Just sort of achy all over. And I'm not taking anything other than Tylenol for pain and afraid to take one of those pain pills just to help me rest. I probably got about three or four hours of sleep last night.
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM

i have had my appetite since day 1 , i teased my hubby that he was trying to starve me cause he thought i wouldnt be hungary and didnt fix me anything.lol....i have had 4 bms now not really having much pain except when i bend over , just get tired easily...i havent needed any pain meds for the last 2 days didnt really need them before but dr said keep taking anyways...hope everyone gets to feeling better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register