Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 128 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-21-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm finally back in my regular pants!

Something to celebrate! I finally managed to get into my regular dress slacks, zip the zipper and NO PAIN!!! Except where the waist band hits the bruising on my back from my fall last weekend. THAT'S going to take a while to heal. I still have an entire spot (about the size of my hand) on my butt that is NUMB! Maybe I should be glad about that. Its been six weeks (tommorrow actually) and it is SO nice to know that my incision is healing well enough to handle this. Just wanted to share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 09:05 AM
New alumni group

Good Morning Ladies - I too think we should take this group and continue - we could also go the Yahoo group route and just keep it closed or permission to enter. I am a listmom for a group that works that way. For a name all I could think of was two-oh- 7 Hys-sis (Play on James Bond) I have my visit with MD at 2pm tomorrow! (Name changed - would that work?)
Good thoughts and healing to all
Reb

Admin. note: You may not use the word Hystersisters for your group as that name is trademarked.
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi again to everyone. Happy anniversary to those of us who today makes 6 weeks post op. My appt is not till next Monday since my dr saw me at 4 weeks so I am trying not to think about it until then.
While I am still excited I went out yesterday I am so exhausted today that I just got up from a 2 hour nap and still feel like I can't function which is not good since my younger son feels like he has a sore throat again (the one in the play) so I have to pick him up in a little while to go to the dr and then get him to his drama club. I can't believe how tired I am today. My stomach is definitely more swollen than it was yesterday.

Singingmad - Congratulations on fitting into your pants.

Billswife - Good luck at your appointment today.

On the couch - Yes I was very successful yesterday unless the drama club teacher tells me differently today. The only thing I still have to get him is a white dress shirt which I will buy new since he should be able to use that again, even though when they dress up it is not usually with a white dress shirt. I have to bring everything wtih me today to drama club so the teacher can see it. I still ended up spending $25.00 for the stuff yesterday but a lot better than what it would have cost me if I could not find it at the Salvation Army. I bought red material and one of the mom's friends is a seamstress and will make the red vest. I have already washed the clothes and I just have to get the jacket to the dry cleaners. So one son is getting better and now the other one is getting sick. I feel bad because on Monday he had trouble singing because of his scratchy throat. How are you feeling since your outing to go shopping. I sound like a broken record but truly can't believe how tired I am today but at least I finally feel like I am on the mend.

As I said before whatever anyone wants to do with either a club or different site just let me know. I for one would miss talking to everyone and truly feel like I have made friends from this site.

Thank you again to everyone for their input about teenage boys (or pre-teens) and school. I am trying to keep in close contact with his teachers and I know since last week he has been handing everything in. He told me there are lots of kids in his classes that go up to the teachers to get their agendas signed. I am hoping this will create good habits for him for next year and the rest of this year. Sorry my posts seem to be getting longer and longer.

Hugs to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 09:16 AM

pocono - I am a performer and would recommend highly having your son drink gatorade to keep him "up" during his performances. Performing when you're feeling low (or have a sore throat) totally stinks!!! Best of luck to him!

There is a throat spray out there (usually sold in health food stores) that works AWESOME if he's just a bit scratchy. Its usually recommended for speakers, and what it does is provide a little extra coating for his vocal chords so they don't get overused. Its made with slippery elm... he may not like the taste of the plain version, but I think they have flavored ones as well. Just another tip!

I don't mind 207 as a name but MY TAH happened on 208.
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:17 AM

Just a thought for a name. The February girls which of course does not mean people with other hysterectomy dates could not join or February Hysters United. What do you think?
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:10 AM

Hi everyone, I hope all goes well with you all.
I have been on restrictions from my doctor for the last 4 weeks, no driving, no lifting...no anything really till my post op tomorrow. I think that I have a prolapse. My doc' thinks it's pelvic inflammation! (it's a prolapse and he's a man so how would he know!).
Anyway, I have got so bored that I have just put in a bid for a new handbag from 'e bay', I have never used the site before, but it's a fantastic bag!!! and I needed it!!! Hope I get it.
Whilst I've been out of action, I feel as though I've saved a small fortune, therefore I'm going to see what else I can buy. there's no stopping me now.
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Okay ladies I received the following message from KATHY:

Kathy
HysterSister
Keeper of the Keys

Hostess

Hysterectomy: June 17th, 1998

Re: Expiring thread?
Hi lmg,

The thread will not be removed. Those threads will remain in post-op for hysterectomy support. If you need to chat beyond hyst support, start a club in the clubhouse or a thread in FWF. However, if you just want to chit chat and it begins to sound like a private phone call (LOL) then put everyone on an email list and email.

hugs! Kathy

Originally Posted by lmg420:

Hello Princess Bea Well!
The Post-Op group I belong to: (Feb 5th - Feb 12th) our group was wondering if at sometime our "thread" would be removed? Will we see a warning? Is there a way to keep it going? We would appreciate your input. If you don't mind could you post your response on our thread?

Thank you!
The Fab Febs!

So I think since HYSTERSISTER'S bound us together, and since most of us are going to keep coming here anyways....I think we should stay here, the club makes sense to me.

I' also think we should take into consideration that a number of sister's were not much for blogging until they found this site (self included) and some are still not computer literate and are more comfortable on this site then moving around etc.

So lets vote as follows:

stay for now
move to hysters club
FWF
Other: __________
Also put the name you want to choose:
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:15 AM

My Vote:

Hysters Clubhouse (May 1st, 2007)

Name: Fab Febs 2007
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg420
Okay ladies I received the following message from KATHY:

Kathy
HysterSister
Keeper of the Keys

Hostess

Hysterectomy: June 17th, 1998

Re: Expiring thread?
Hi lmg,

The thread will not be removed. Those threads will remain in post-op for hysterectomy support. If you need to chat beyond hyst support, start a club in the clubhouse or a thread in FWF. However, if you just want to chit chat and it begins to sound like a private phone call (LOL) then put everyone on an email list and email.

hugs! Kathy

Hello Princess Bea Well!
The Post-Op group I belong to: (Feb 5th - Feb 12th) our group was wondering if at sometime our "thread" would be removed? Will we see a warning? Is there a way to keep it going? We would appreciate your input. If you don't mind could you post your response on our thread?

Thank you!
The Fab Febs!

So I think since HYSTERSISTER'S bound us together, and since most of us are going to keep coming here anyways....I think we should stay here, the club makes sense to me.

I' also think we should take into consideration that a number of sister's were not much for blogging until they found this site (self included) and some are still not computer literate and are more comfortable on this site then moving around etc.

So lets vote as follows:

stay for now
move to hysters club
FWF
Other: __________
Also put the name you want to choose:
ok i am wondering what you are all talking about. Are you all moving to a differnt place on here.
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:30 AM

My Vote:

Hysters Clubhouse (May 1st, 2007)

Name: Fab Febs 2007

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register