Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 216 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hello all I was just wondering if anybody has period type cramps? I would have doubted it myself as I have definite cramps as well as sore boobs tonight. Nothing major suppose it could have been my period right now. I dont know as I haven't been keeping tabs. My scar appears to be healing well although there is still a suspect area that wants to bleed. It is very small. It could be another blood blister. I hope not. Still experiencing swelly belly but hardly taking any paracetamol now. Still experiencing fatigue but have begun swimming again. Tummy did pull a bit but I got out before it got too bad. Enjoyed my swim though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM

I've been getting the soreness and a reasonable facsimile to cramps cyclically so I chalked it up to hormonal changes. I have my ovaries so there's no reason to think the side effects would go away even if the bleeding part has. I thought the cramps were my ovaries causing twinges... I"m still a bit bugged by the thought of WHERE do the eggs go now that there's no place for their journey to end. I asked me DP and she said "its like rabbits when they get pregnant and then decide the world isn't safe for their babies... their body absorbs them." Maybe the cramps are the absorbing part....
Unread 04-23-2007, 03:09 PM

I've noticed some cramping sometimes but I have no ovaries so is it just my body "remembering" them????? Maybe it's b/c we're all trying so hard to do our thing and our surgery reminds us that we may hurt now and then??? Good question singingmaid, where DO they go??? That would bug me like anything but I like the rabbit theory. toodles all, have a good evening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 03:34 PM

I've been having tender/sore boobs. And have dizziness with positional changes. Thought I'd go see my regular gyno and ask him but i'm so sure it's all hormonal. Would never do HRT but am eating soy products like crazy. Went to the chiropractor today and he thought things were hormonal as well.
Unread 04-23-2007, 05:05 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words regarding my Tigger passing....You are all such lovely people!! I am very glad we have bonded this way through our hyst experiences.....This is my first experience with web board postings and I am so grateful to have happened upon such a caring and fun and open minded group of women!! Thanks again all, and I do mean all.....
What a gorgeous weekend we had in Michigan!! Today was a little sunny and a little sprinkly, but very windy......had to hold my hat today!

FlatFroggie....I am going to pin my hubby down for an answer on the mountain music fest....I think he is thinking we can go to our friends house behind SilverRidge and hear the music for free.....not the same and I would love to meet you. So I will keep you posted on that one. By the way, what color is the one kittie not yet spoken for????? Orange and white maybe???

Bookah, your thyroid situation is just one more thing isn't it! You have had your share and I am praying for you and have faith that you will be fine....you are an intelligent woman and seem to be right on top of things before they get out of control. We do have some great docs here in town and I know you will find the best one.
Unread 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM

Hello Ladies,

it has been a while since i have posted. Great to hear how good alll of us are doing!!!! I am doing well, back to the 12 hours shifts, my old legs sure do get achy and tired but that is all. Hundijm, so sorry for the loss of your kitty, we had a dog that had cancer, and it is so very hard to let them go. Talk to you all later, keep well.

Debbie
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:03 PM

I get some cramping on and off but it's not cyclical so I've just associated it with the healing process. It seems to be worse when I've done a lot of walking on concrete.

Singingmad, I've never heard that about rabbits before. How interesting.
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:46 PM

The " IV machine" is called an illuminator. I work in an infant unit at a children's hospital and we use it to find the tiny veins in infants. All it does is shine a special light that makes the veins show up better. Getting the IV in place is still the same, depends on how your body is made, how hydrated you are (and we are usually a little dehydrated when we are told not to eat or drink after midnight), the skill of the person starting the IV, the size of the catheter needle used, many different factors. The illuminator is just a light though, but is very helpful when you can't even "find" a vein.

RobinRN
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Hi ladies,
I was told that we would have "cycles" but just no bleeding. In other words, all the symptoms of an upcoming period, but then no period!! I have watched the calendar and I have had cycles for SURE! Tenderness in the breasts, slight moodiness, but no cramping. Before I know it, it's gone. I don't really know what to say about what happens to the eggs, but I love the rabbit theory and body absorbing them. Take care everyone.
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM

CBRN - I am very curious as to how work is going for you. I am also a RN on an infant unit at a children's hospital. I am on postop day 13 now and I am having some pretty sharp cramps. When I am on my feet for a couple of hours, I have to rest, not like just 30 minutes (which is how long our lunchbreak is), but like 2 or 3 hours. I am suppose to return to work at 6 weeks. When did you return? How was it? I am really scared that it is going to be tough, but I really don't have much option. I work nights and work 12 hour shifts, 3 days in a row. Ouch! We are going through some major changes at work now, our unit is sortof downsizing and we have more staff than patients, so we are pulling a lot of nurses to other units. It will probably be my turn when I return. Just watch - my first night back I will be on an adolescent floor tugging on teenagers! Just let me know if things were well enough to work 12 hour shifts by 6 weeks. BTW - I had LAVH with 1 ovary removed for severe endometriosis and adenomyosis.

RobinRN

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register