Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Job interview tomorrow

Okay, now I've got a lot on my plate. I have my first preop visit with my doc tomorrow at 11:00am, and then I have a job interview at 2:00 pm. I am still walking very slowly and carefully, but I need the job. I probably could make it for another month without a job, but I'm sure they need someone right away, so I might have to turn it down. Hard decision. I guess I will ask my doc if I am relased to full time work and go from there.

As part of my unemployment benefits requirements, I am required to apply and be interviewed for jobs, and this one I am interested in. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go in and just tell the truth, that I can't start until the doc releases me. I don't think the Employment Dept. will find out if I say I am "not able to work". They would cut off my benefits in a second!

I guess we just do what is in front of us for the day and go from there.

Man, what a roller-coaster ride!
Hugs to everyone and hoping for the best for all of you, including me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Good luck tomorrow Recovery!

Just be yourself and be honest. It's good you have the doc visit first so you will know where you stand. Remember, your health is the most important thing, and if this company is worth working for they will think so too!!!

Big hugs to you
Unread 10-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Recovery - my thoughts will be with you tomorrow - good luck at the interview! Keep us posted on what your doctor says and how the interview goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:08 AM

Hi everyone
Went to see my doc today - seems my inflammed liver (caused by infection after op) isn't quite normal yet so had to go for more blood tests today
Asked doc about HRT she said because of my age (48) she wouldn't recommend it - because of health risks. Told her so far no hot flushes - she said they could still come but unless they were really bad and interferred with life - not to take HRT.
Doc has signed me off for three months (one month already taken) and if I want to go back to work sooner I have to get a release note from doc by law. Doc said after 6 wks to try and start doing more household jobs to strengthen muscles or they will become weak. Just waiting now to see Consultant in 2 wks time to find out biopsy report - as had cancer cells in womb.
Have a good day everyone - but don't overdo it
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:13 AM

My prayers are with you sister. Let God handle it all for you. We are all healing and some quicker than others. I am 47 and my doctor put me on HRT. Says as long as I get my mammograms regularly I shouldn't have any problems. I check my breasts monthly too to check for anything irregular. God be with you and keep the faith.
Karen
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Thanks Karen, its all very confusing this HRT isn't it.
God bless ...
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Yes it is. I was unsure about it myself. My niece told me it was okay though. I still have hot flashes and stuff but I was having those before I had the surgery. I have them every now and then and they are bad when I have them. I think I will only be on HRT for about a year. After that we will see. Also without hormones you can get osteoparosis. I guess there is always something that effects something else. Just like medicine, they have side effects.
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:08 AM

Hi Karen - one of my questions to doc was osteoparosis - she said it depends on the density of your bones to start with , it only helps people with low density bones - I don't know if that applies to me but I have never had a broken bone in my life - doc didn't seem to think it was a concern. So I guess Karen if you come off HRT in a year then you would be my age now. Complicated isn't it Hormones who would have them hey - we can't live with them, and we can't live without them LOL
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:28 AM

Talking about hormones. The nurse told me to double the dose. I was taking .625mg of Enjuvia well I guess 1.250mg was too much. After 4 hr. I almost had an anxiety attack. I had to do some deep breathing and took a walk and it helped. I'm going back on .625 and will have to deal with the lower estrogen side effects. I didn't sleep well on the higher dose anyways. Today I'm have some anxiety and my heart is pounding so just took a small dose of xanax. I really dislike taking drugs but when you need them they help. I sure hope this is short lived.

On a brighter note. It's really sunny outside and the temp. is only suppose to be in the 80's. I think I'll sit outside today for some fresh air. That always helps the mind set. I've been taking a walk everyday and that is keeping me sane. My DH will be home in a few days. It will be good to have his company.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Blessings and hugs to all

Kathy
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Kathy - I agree I always feel better in the sunshine - I love sitting outside, but it's a chilly cloudy 59 deg out today - can you send some of your 80 deg. my way.

Everyone have a good day and keep smiling

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register