Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 101 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 05-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hey Sheila and Jett, how you guys doing these days? Hope no news is good news. I know there were others out there having a tougher recovery than some, hope things are getting better and body is bouncing back. mine seems to be getting much better--still have the swelly belly (will it ever go away?).
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Sore44,

My work-outs are going great. I had my first run last week and haven't had enough energy for that since although the weight lifting and cardio has been going very well for the most part. Today was my 'legs' day and I did the squats and although not quite up to the weight I was I am happy where I am.

Now that the weather has started to be a little nicer I enjoy walking to the gym & walking back..
Unread 05-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Hey Sunflower (Louise) I'd love to call in for a cuppa one day if I;m around your way. And the same goes for you if your ever in Tas.

Hope all's well with you all. I'm totally back to pre-op condition (less a uterus). Back at work-same old same old!

I also have a DS 18th to prepare for on the 17th. Nice BBQ lunch but at the moment in Tas it's feeling like antarctica, A wee bit chilly. So I hope we can get a nice day so we're not all crowded inside.

Best wishes to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 11:46 PM

Hi Shep: We looked into Bellingham, Seattle, and Vancouver WA before accepting employment in Spokane. I did a lot of research about wages and cost of living online. It's rather difficult to find a place to lease with a 110-lb. dog in Seattle, or a hospital with a level III NICU around Bellingham! I hear Victoria BC is very picturesque; hope we get to visit there, too!

We watched Juno the other night, and they talked about having a "food baby"--looking pregnant because of eating so much! Hahaha, made me think of my swelly belly at the end of the day. Do you think it is just lack of muscle tone that causes that?

Has anybody else had trouble sleeping? I still sleep a lot, but my schedule has changed since my surgery. I am awake till late and sleep till 9:30 (except the days I have to work)! I think I'll try to go to sleep now, as a matter of fact...g'night! Lynn
Unread 05-05-2008, 06:47 AM

Kim-good luck wherever you end up. It sounds exciting to be able to pick up and start new again.
Lynn-I still have trouble sleeping. Even though I am back to work, I go to bed and wake up within a couple of hours and then toss and turn all night. My gyn told me it was part of midlife. When it really gets to me, I will finally take a simply sleep one night just so I get one full night in. As for the swelly belly, I still get it. This weekend I have to say was the best 2 days I have had since surgery. I hope they continue. I did notice that if I go to the gym and just walk the treadmill my belly feels better. I don't know why, it just does.
To everyone else, I hope everyone is doing well and feeling better every day. I hope everyone has a good week.
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:17 AM

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Kim, I really admire you. You are so brave and it's true, knowledge is power. You are doing the right thing by moving on and not settling for this lousy job. You have worked too hard and with your degrees in hand, it will all pay off.

Being a heart patient myself, I understand about the heat and humidity. I get so lightheaded when the temps reach into the 90's; I huff and puff. It's hard on us.

Vancouver/Washington would be ideal. I have a friend who lived in that area and she complained about the cost of living there. They now live in Winsconsin. If you have a good enough job though, it would be so worth it. Take your time, have fun, and explore. It's great you have friends to stay with while you check everything out.

I will close. Getting tired. Time for lunch and rest.
Take care and blessings to all of you!!
Pansypen
Unread 05-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi Molly, My ds has his 18th birthday on the 15th...great month aye?
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:39 AM

well, hello all
its been a while since i posted. glad to hear that most are doing well. i just prayed for all of you when i first got on this morning.
i have been so busy. this past weekend was a test for me. we had two fundraisers back to back: a garage sale and a crawfish boil. well, friday i started working on this about 3:30 in the afternoon (woke up that morning about 6:20) anyway, worked all night. everyone left around midnight from the church and i sent my kids to sleep close to 1 am and i stayed up all night making signs and folding all the clothes on the tables and separating them better than they were.at 4:30am we started opening the doors and setting all the furniture outside. we were expected to get lots of rain. well, we ended up being under tornado watch and at one point tornado warning........and we still made $1010.00!!!! we were so excited! anyway, after cleaning up and going to give away all our extras, we stayed at church until about 5pm! i got home and worked on our individual balance sheets. (everyone who works gets a portion of the money we raised put into their account balance-everyone has to raise at least 200.00 to go). so, i keep sort of a bank account ledger of how much they earn per hour for each event and then print out a balance sheet for them to see where they are). anyway, i didn't go to bed until 11pm and then work up the next mornnig at 6am because i had to go to walmart before i left for church. we had a lady coming to pick up her furniture before we started sunday school at 9:30am. so, i got there about 8:15 and after our service we started working on our crawfish boil. it went great. we made 404.00 and that is the best we have done at this. we try to sell tickets to people outisde of our chruch but its mostly our church and their family members that come to eat. but we profited 404.00 this year which is more than we have ever made during the crawfish boil fundraiser. so, in one weekend we raised almost 1400.00-so we are very excited. joplin, missouri is set in our sights-we got quite a bit of more money to raise just to cover fuel!!! but God is faithful-he has always provided every penny we need for our trips. anyway, i again didn't get home until late-it was like 7:30pm when i got home sunday night and had to clean up my house because i had to baby sit early the next morning-yesterday i could not stop yawning-i fell asleep several times in the middle of working on my computer. my dd laughted at me. last night dh and i went to the movies to see IRON MAN at 9:50pm which means we didn't get home until 12:40 last night. i am again tired. i kept forgetting to take my multi vitamin every day and i do think that contributes to my being so tired all the time. i am trying to get better at that. i feel pretty good though. after this weekend my belly is swelling and sore to the touch but i still feel pretty good. i got up this morning and put on shorts and tennis shoes-i am hoping to do the beginning video for turbo jam. i tried lit a while back but it was the advanced one and i did about 2 minutes and quit. i am hoping this training video that takes things at a slower pace will work for me. my son is graduating in less than three weeks. i have made the program but need to print and copy it, we ordered and received his diploma and his graduation pics should be in on thursday so we can send out the announcements/invitations. he still has not written his speech but neither have my husband and i. i did write the letter i plan on reading to him during the ceremony but i don't know if i will be able to without blubbering. its important that i find a way to maintain compusure and not just cry the whole time we are up there. i am a cry baby so this will be hard. pray for me for strength to not embarrass him in front of eveyone we know. i am excited though about being able to do this "all about him" presentation. we have scanned most of his pictures and are about to make his video. one of my daughter's will sing and the other will read scripture. i am praying that God would be glorified and that my family who does not know Christ as their Savior will be quickened of heart to see his magnificant love and enduring help that he is and look towards him. I pray that God will provide every penny that my son needs for college so that others may see God as Jehovah Jirah for he does provide all of our needs. I pray that through our lives we will use this time to reflect God's unending love that others will crave that love as well. this is a milestone in our lives and i want to make sure that God gets all the glory.
anyway, i didn't mean to go on and on- i juist wanted to tell you all that even though i haven't been on lately, i do think of you often.
blessings to all
sheila, if you are out there-please let us know how you are. i miss talking to you.
love
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Debbie I've been having sleep issues too and I've consistently gotten 8-9 hrs of sleep my whol;e life--I'm a baby about getting my sleep. I think your gyn is full of it, this is no accident many of us have this--I'm sure it's all the anesthesia in our system--takes a full YEAR to get out of our system!

Had a bad day today--think with the stress lately, my belly was so sore and I couldn't sit comfortably at all--even slouching back didn't help--so I left work before lunch and came home to lay down--then did some physical things, moving stuff, etc. and got drained and belly hurt again--think I've been feeling so normal I'm not giving myself a break.

I'm going to behave myself for awhile with the lifting, the belly was more swollen than it has for awhile, it's telling me to cool it. I will.

Marta you amaze me you are so busy, I would fall out with your schedule, I get tired just thinking of all the things you do! wow!

Pansypen it was 91 today! 91! and it's only May! yikes, I can't even walk the dog in this weather! Hope this house sells soon, northwest cool is sounding awful good.
Kim
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:03 AM

Kim-sorry you had a bad day. Believe it or not this past weekend was the first time I felt good. Of course, back to work on Monday and have been uncomfortable and swollen since. Can't wait until 3:30 tomorrow so I can relax for 2 days again. I am counting down to Memorial Day Weekend so I have 3 days off. Everyone at work is shocked that I said that since I had 8 weeks off. I can't wait for it to get to 91 here. It has been nice lately though, in the 70's. Rain starting today and lasting through the weekend. I hope you have a better day and a great weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register