Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

I'm glad to hear others are doing well too. My hyst was Feb. 19th. Pain from that has been fine. Have had worse back pain in past. Now the problem. I had to have my cath. re-inserted at ER twice since my release on 20th. My bladder is retaining urine and having horrible spasms. (Worse than child birth). This current cath. will be in until tom. at 2:00 pm at doc appt. I had prolapse and anterior and posterior repair and now I'm afraid that something is permanently damaged with my parts or else those very forceful spasms damaged what was being fixed with the sx. Anybody else have bladder, ureter problems post surgery? If it weren't for that I'd be great! Scared to death and yet trying to remain positive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM

Today I was able to get out to the nature park for about 60 minutes of walking...I was going very slow, but it felt so nice to be outside with the loons, ducks and squirrels...there were so many little children and dogs also...lovely!

I have received a fruit basket today from my brother-in-law & sister-in-law which was lovely and a flower arrangement Friday from my co-workers. Lots of calls in from various folks checking in on me and making the time pass.

The only thing that is bothering me over-much is the swelly belly and my numb right leg..wonder if anyone else has this? I guess I'll post a question in the question forum.

Every day is a little better than the one before it..today I zipped up my own long jacket!!!

If I could sleep it would be really nice..thats my major problem because I can't get comfortable..ugh..maybe tonight?
Unread 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Keep the faith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat49
I'm glad to hear others are doing well too. My hyst was Feb. 19th. Pain from that has been fine. Have had worse back pain in past. Now the problem. I had to have my cath. re-inserted at ER twice since my release on 20th. My bladder is retaining urine and having horrible spasms. (Worse than child birth). This current cath. will be in until tom. at 2:00 pm at doc appt. I had prolapse and anterior and posterior repair and now I'm afraid that something is permanently damaged with my parts or else those very forceful spasms damaged what was being fixed with the sx. Anybody else have bladder, ureter problems post surgery? If it weren't for that I'd be great! Scared to death and yet trying to remain positive!
I don't have any previous or current experience with this but I wanted to reply to your post to tell you to keep the faith...Hopefully when you go to your appointment tomorrow you'll have more answers that are more concrete..

Hold on..You will recover...! Remain positive...its all we have sometimes..

Let us know after your dr follow-up tomorrow..k?

Take care...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 06:07 PM

I'll try and reply after doc appt tom. I still need to read and learn more about using this site and board. New to this. THANKS for encouragement though.
Unread 02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
at home

TAH on 2/19/08 and home on 2/22/08. It seems that pre-op anxiety took more of a toll on me than the actual surgery. Experienced pain the 1st night and needed pain meds the 1st three days, however minimal pain meds are needed at home. I actually feel pretty well and my husband has to remind me not to over-do! The catheter was taken out the day after surgery and I have not experienced any problems in that area. My biggest problem right now is that I am not sleeping very well, and that is NOT because of pain. I would hope that everyone's surgery goes as smoothly as mine. It helps that I had a wonderful caring surgeon and a wonderful caring primary care physician.
Unread 02-25-2008, 04:22 AM

Linda - you are awesome. I really admire you and all you've been through. My condolences on the loss of your mom and my best wishes to you regarding your radiation.

DansWife - my left leg was sort of "numb" yesterday. Not really numb - sort of tingly - but no real tingles eithers --- its really hard to describe ! Just wanted to post that in case thats what you're feeling.

meat49 -- my thoughts are with you. hopefully this is all temporary and you'll be 120% very soon and keep improving from there
Unread 02-25-2008, 06:04 AM

Yeah! I am almost a week post-op and finally was able to sleep in my own bed last night! I have been sleeping in the recliner downstairs since coming home Thursday. It felt so great to be in a comfortable bed. I also was able to sleep on my side (!!!) with a massive pillow and binder for support. I have an 8 inch vertical incision ( X-large uterus, fibroids etc.)- I think there is a big difference from having a bikini incision. I have spoke to many friends that have the bikini cut and they can't believe the things I am able to do that took them a couple weeks! I can lift my legs with no pain at all - I am actually doing much better than I ever thought I would be doing at this time. I am starting to wean myself off the percocet this week. Get my staples out on Wednesday and can't wait!

Still waiting on Path report but not expecting any major surprises. They found adenomyosis throughout the uterus but the endo had not spread as much as they had first thought. No major repairs needed - Thank goodness!

They did end up taking everything so I will be starting HRT probably this week. We are doing six weeks high dose - then three month break to kill microspopic endo and then back on HRT for two to three years to slowly get levels down. Doctor says that since I am only 38 I need the HRT for the next few years. Anyone else having issues with the HRT program? I have a high Breast Cancer rate in my family and worried about the increase rate using HRT. My Doctor has been wonderful about everything and I really do trust her but still feeling a little worried about the whole thing. So far no symptoms yet from surgery - not sure how long it takes for the surgical menopause to kick in - anyone? (Husband wants to know when to start hiding the knives!)

Looking forward to another week of steady progress!
God Bless you all!
Amy
Unread 02-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Glad to be home!

Hi Everyone,
I had a TAH on 2/22/07 and I also surrendered both ovaries. Everything went much smoother than I expected. I wish I had listened to the other ladies who said the waiting period is the worst part. It is so true.
I'm feeling pretty good, my biggest issue has been gas but that seems to be working itself out. I hope the other Feb 22nd ladies are doing well and that we all have a speedy uncomplicated recovery.
Thank you all for the support!
April
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:37 AM

i had a tah on feb. 19th and am doing great! surgery itself was uneventful. felt a little discomfort the first 24 hrs. nothing i couldnt' tolerate. i was out of bed, walking, taking a shower, by myself the next morning.(i don't mean to slam the nursing profession, some of my best friends are nurses), but if i was surprise by the lack of help i received. Thank God I'm a fairly strong independent person, I wouldn't have survived my hospital stay(which was only 2 days by the way). i was once almost given the patient in the next rooms meds(check and ask what you are being given!), and they also "forgot" to give me meds one time. So glad this is my only complaint! like everyone has said, the waiting was horrible. i actually had surgery scheduled in dec. 07, then had to postpone until feb. 19. so i think i probably had myself a little more worked up. i had to say, day 3-4, miserable. not from surgery though. GAS! omg. did anyone mention that to me? :-) labor pains. called one of my nurse friends, she recommened colace. between that and the gas x, i'm feeling wonderful now. ( might be a good idea to have both on hand when you come home). it's day 6 now, still having some gas pains, but much better. i can't believe how good i already feel! (my fibroid was the size of a basketball). no hot flashes, night sweats(which is great because i can't take any hormones). honestly i keep waiting for the ball the drop. thinking i should be in this terrible pain, unable to walk, flashes, etc..like every has said the waiting is the worst. i totally agree! my girlfriends have been bringing food each night, how awesome is that! a huge help. when people ask to help, let them! walmart, food, anything. even though i am feeling so good, i am also doing nothing. watching tv, reading, talking and texting on the phone. lol i am smart enough to take it easy. also no pain meds for 2 days now, not even tylenol. have my weekly check-up tomorrow, will be nice to take a car drive and get out of the house. so glad this "ordeal" is over, for the most part. tina
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bea Well
If your hysterectomy was between Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Hi

I am a bit sick today and am moving with difficulty. My back is killing me. I came back from the hospital on Friday and I am bit tired today. I have however been able to walk around the house. I have not been able to find the Swelly Belly Bands. Its possible that they are called something else here is South Africa and I will keep on looking. Have been to a few pharmacist and I am still looking.
Can sisters please advise of an alternative to this. Your help will be much appreciated.

A very well done to all of you ladies. Your experiences are keeping me informed

Regards
Ngicela

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register