Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 82 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hey all
sylvia, i am glad that you enjoyed the fern and the bamboo. i went out today to bring my dd to work and then to target and walmart. didn't push the basket-except an empty one until my dd took it from me. anyway, i am feeling a little better today-just a sore back. my sister and her husband are off at a marriage retreat so i have my niece and nephew. they've been pretty good. went for sno-balls after shopping and i am now home. we are eating leftovers and my dd is cooking some plantains to go with the black beans and rice i cooked yesterday. i've already printed my sunday school lesson and just need to get my children's church lesson printed out. the rest of the night i will rest! hope everyone has a great night
sylvia-even though it wasn't in your plans for a big wedding i am sure everything will be great. enjoy it!! and get rest!!!! you had a busy day
blessings to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 06:14 PM

sheila, i did forward it to you email. my email that it is coming from is martabwalker@hotmail.com. figured i better tell you before you delete it as junk not realizing its from me. anyway, you are amazing. thank you for all the encouragement. you are such a blessing. you can beat this smoking thing. i have heard of champix but i don't know from where-maybe even somewhere on this site..dunno. but since you want to quit-you will be able to! let me pray for you:
Father God I pray that you will give sheila the strength to quit smoking. Lord, I believe that with you we can accomplish the impossible because your word tells us that nothing is impossible with Christ. Philippians 4:13 says " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". you do not fail us, please allow Sheila to hold on to that and that every time she has the urge to smoke she would speak the truth of that scripture out to help her overcome the temptation. Lord, i know that you want the best for us, so i pray for shelia that she would trust you for this. comfort her from her soreness and longing. help her to deal with everything that involves settling matters with her husband's dealings. give her comfort and strength. amen
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Hi Sheila!

About the stop-smoking medication - it's called Chantix, and it's fairly new on the pharmaceutical market. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but do a search on it.

I was given a prescription for this medication by my PCP - but I have yet to fill it. I, too, am finding that the smoking is not as pleasant as it was before the surgery. I may go ahead and fill it this week and try it out to see how it works.

Tired of being a slave to the cigs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonks40
About the stop-smoking medication - it's called Chantix!
I was a 2 - 2.5 pack a day smoker until 3 months ago. I finally got up the gumption to fill my prescription for Chantix. Its a MIRACLE if you ask me. I have minor "a cig would be nice right now" moments but they pass SO quickly. The only side effects I had were nausea (took it on an empty stomach one morning - bad idea) and vivid dreams. The dreams are GREAT .... normal dreams, but they're so vibrant. I want to stay on Chantix forever just for the dreams LOL.

If you don't have insurance the drug might seem expensive - but remember to compare it to how much you spend on cigs in a month.

Tonks - I used to feel like a slave too. I was a slave to my uterus and slave to the cigarettes. I'm FREE now - from both I really feel like I've started a whole new life. Its great
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Happy Sunday

Hi sisters,

Hope this Sunday finds you with some time to enjoy something especially just for you!!

Yesterday was the first Saturday that I did erything I used to do BS (BEFORE SURGERY). We got up had a Fibre One breakfast and java while dh cruized the local Newspaper. Then I vacuumed..OMG..you should have SEEN the dust bunnies from around the baseboards..I did it BS and apparently nobody else in this house SAW THEM BEFORE Went to the gym for 1.5 hours and chatted to a few of the other couples that also attend. Home for showers, lunch and out for groceries, Costco, Drug Store. Had a new recipe for supper that dh prepared which was chicken breast with mozza cheese & bacon with spices..YUMMY..while I finished "The Friday Night Knitting Club" More on that in a moment Then we went to Church and came home and then I rested..with a glass of VINO..it was SO NICE..

We've had crazy nasty weather for months and today it is so SUNNY and +10 Degrees so dh & I walked to the gym, did our routine & walked back. It was SO NICE to just chat..

Anyway, about this book the Friday Night Knitting Club..well I had no idea about this but near the end the lady made an appointment for her best friend who was 72 years old to see her OB/GYN, and the dr said she should come in too..Georgia Walker was her name and she was 37 with a 13 yo daughter..ANYWAY..she was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and went through all the things the ladies here have been going through. For her it didn't end up well because she had complications unrelated but it made me think how lucky we all are; every one of us that are still putting one foot in front of the other and getting a little bit better each day and at least noticing that we're better than we were BS, or better than we were six weeks ago..almost seven We are lucky..and we need to remember that.

I said a special prayer for everyone in this group when I was at Church last night and even though it wasn't any where near as eloquent as marta's..it was a prayer for peace for all of you.

I hope you each find one thing (if not more) at least one that you can be joyous over today..the sun, a smile, a funny story, a nice e-mail. Whatever it is, find the gratitude in it and REJOICE...

Signing off with a big 10 / 4
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:44 PM

Good morning ladies! Just finished reading up on what all you've been doing the last few days and - WOW! - a lot has been happening. I was having a bit of pain last week but seem to have turned the good corner again and am feeling much better today. Shooting to return to work a week from Monday so I need to wrap up things around the house. I also vacuumed yesterday for the first time since before surgery. Holy dust bunnies, Batman! DH and DD never seem to notice the carpet and floor, just me! LOL Then the belt on the vacuum broke at the end of it all and I laughed to myself that it was because it had to work too hard!

I just wanted to pass along something funny that happened to me yesterday but it was so inspiring! (TMI alert....) I was in the bathroom, mind wandering and daydreaming, then I got ready to finish my business. Out of an old and sad habit, I looked down to check my panties to make sure there wasn't some problem to deal with (from all the bleeding problems). Then I snapped out of my fog and realized "I NEVER have to do that EVER again because that problem is FIXED!" That one moment really hit me and reminded me that all this pain, suffering, discomfort, boredom, frustration, etc of the last 6 weeks was so incredibly worth it. It's such a blessing to have turned the page on that chapter of my life. I went and pulled out a cute pair of white pants I haven't been able to wear in a really long time and celebrated that I can now "dare to wear white". *laugh*

I am looking out my bedroom window and the sun is shining, the tree leaves in the meadow are blowing, the birds are singing. And I am a fresh part of the spring too, struggling to poke my little head out of the soil and strain to reach for the sunlight. To grow, to bloom, to fight to make this little spot I'm planted in a little bit better than it was before. Here's to all of you today! You're all beautiful in your own special ways and I wish you strength, happiness and smiles this upcoming week. Think of the collective strength of all of you, focusing your positive thoughts together across the globe. What a force to be reckoned with. LOL! Have a blessed day.
Unread 04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi

I just wanted to pass along something funny that happened to me yesterday but it was so inspiring! (TMI alert....) I was in the bathroom, mind wandering and daydreaming, then I got ready to finish my business. Out of an old and sad habit, I looked down to check my panties to make sure there wasn't some problem to deal with (from all the bleeding problems). Then I snapped out of my fog and realized "I NEVER have to do that EVER again because that problem is FIXED!" That one moment really hit me and reminded me that all this pain, suffering, discomfort, boredom, frustration, etc of the last 6 weeks was so incredibly worth it. It's such a blessing to have turned the page on that chapter of my life. I went and pulled out a cute pair of white pants I haven't been able to wear in a really long time and celebrated that I can now "dare to wear white". *laugh*

Belle..I find myself doing this too..ALL WEEK-END. LOL..I packaged up my femine hygiene products and will give to my co-worker..she called me a not nice name Because I never have to deal with that again..we had a good laugh over it..

Old habits I guess..
Unread 04-06-2008, 01:54 PM

good Sunday afternoon ladies. you all crack me up!!! cynthia-i am humbled-my prayers are eloquent...thank you. but more than sounding good, i hope you all know that i mean every word that i say.......i have come to love and respect you all and desire for each of you to have the recovery possible. i pray for you often and think of you lots.

bella-i love your analogy of spring and us......i hope we all have become a little better through this experience. i want you to know that i feel that i am stronger because of each of you.

i had a bad week also, (as you all know) but i am hoping the tides have changed. i feel pretty good except for that stubborn pain on my right side that won't go away...but i have much more energy today. i was drained all week but today was great. in children's church we were doing the songs and i just had such a fulfillment singing out these songs to him. and hearing the kids sing, oh my goodness, that does my heart good to hear them praise God......its wonderful. anyway, tomorrow is my post op appt. - i am praying for good news. i will admit to all of you that i have a few fears. i have tried not think of it and put it out of my mind and think that i am just being paranoid and that all of this is normal but i have a fear that i have not admitted to anyone. the pain that i have in my right side is not just soreness or achyness--it is pain-and it is very comparable to the pain i had before surgery-so i have this fear that the surgery did not take care of my problem or that there is still something going on inside of me. i know that i am probably just over reacting and just being paranoid-i know, but i have such concerns that not only am i not feeling as good as i thought i would but that this pain is not subsiding or even getting better. i am 6 1/2 weeks and by most standards i have not overdone it. i know that i have done somethings i shouldn't have-like drive at 5 weeks a couple of times and then pushe the basket at the grocery store and lifted saydi up two times but again by most standards that should not have been enough to cause so much pain that i am having on the right lower side. i am hoping to find out some news when i go tomorrow. i also hope to have my pathogy report. i am sure if there was some kind of concern they would have called me..but in the back of my mind i know that this is a "charity" or state run hospital so who knows if they have time for all of that. they are always so busy. when i got tomorrow, my appt is at 12:30, i probably won't get out until 4:30-5:00. anyway, there it is. i finally poured it ou. thanks for listening to this crybaby complain............I do know that no matter what is going on with me -that God is in control and he will get me through it all. I surrender all my fears to him right now and pray that he will give me peace to handle it all. i think i just needed to put it out there and have someone else hear me and not just let it go over in my brain. does that make sense.
anyway. let me get back to my wonderful mood.
I have enjoyed so much getting to know some of you better and look forward to continued friendships even when this thread fades away. it has become such an important part of my life. i talk about you all often. i asked my youth group to pray for some of you by name and just in general. i pray for you all.
we have a fellowship tonight at church. we all get together and bring food and eat together and play games. i used to play football with the youth, or a game of tag called the blob with the all the kids but that hasn't happened in a long time. i can't wait to be able to do that again. today after church we had a meeting for vacation bible school and i always do recreation......i love being out in the sun and playing with the kids..my pastor in all of his humor says "that is if she is released from the doctor by then." i just looked at him and he laughed. i told him this morning to pray that i am released tomorrow and that that is what i am hoping for but have some reservations of whether it will actually happen. he uses humor to try to make me feel better about things. he isn't always successful. lol. but i love him, he is really good to my family and to our church. anyway.
gotta check a few more emails. thanks to all for your inspiring words. i think i will go out today during the fellowship and just lay in the grass (if its not wet from the rain).
blessings
love
marta
Unread 04-06-2008, 02:12 PM

Too funny - I've done the "check the panties" thing too .... it always brings a smile to my face ! To really demonstrate my complete emancipation from all things menstrual I've been going pantiless under my PJs. I think the last time I did that I was 12
Unread 04-06-2008, 02:16 PM

haha JoAnn..pantiless..? I always go pantiless under my PJ's except when it was that time o the month..AND know what? This may be too much information, but I slept NUDIE this week-end..LOL..

Anyone else throwing out their old period panties & purchasing new? I'm going to wait a tiny bit longer because DH and I are finally FINALLY going to take that week-end away since it doesn't matter WHAT WEEK-END..WOO EEE.. and I am going to take him with me Just devilish I know..

Marta..I think as long as we continue to post the thread will keep going..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register