Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
hmmmmmm. Anyone else worried about our Denise?
I'm here. After my clinic visit I came home and slept for 4 1/2 hours. I don't really feel any better but I do feel a bit more rested. I've already posted my adventure from today so I'll spare you the details again.

HysterHugs to all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Good News

Went to Dr. today to have the catheter removed, I was really worried, because I didn't want the bladder to go into spasms again. All good so far, the bladder is cooperating so far. New meds, lower dose on the pain meds which is good. I went walking today with grandson around the block. Boy it is amazing how tired I get so quick, but it is OK I am on the road to recovery. Hope all is well with everyone else out there. Take care. Karen
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM

I had a fairly uneventful TAH/BSO. Had my surgery on 3/11/08 and went home on 3/13/08. The pain for me was unbearable. I couldn't have pain meds after recovery because my oxygen level was too low and the recovery nurse (God love him, he rubbed my head and wouldn't leave my side) was wonderful and told me he would rather me be in pain than 6 feet under and that he would do his best to get me pain meds. I had awful bladder spasms and after my grandmother had me train on what felt like the Boston Marathon twice around the hospital I was unable to urinate on my own because of overdoing things and had to be cathed again.

I went home to my grandmother's house because between our daughter, dogs, grad school, and work, my husband really had his hands full and my grandparents house sounded like a great solution! WRONG! From the first day of my surgery my grandmother was convinced I was addicted to pain meds and refused to give them to my I was allowed 2 advil at a time and if I was lucky a Vicodin at night. I called her Kathy Bates and said when she got out the sledge hammer and 2x4 I was calling 911! She really had good intentions but she had never had surgery in her life and fully believed I just didn't have coping skills. I jumped ship after a week and am finally feeling great at home! I started driving today and it was great to have some bit of freedom. I have numbness above my incision, better above than below, and swelly belly is a butt, but I would do it over again in a second!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:40 PM

Hi Heather,
You sound alot like what I went through with the bladder, gosh those spasms can really be painful. Have you been able to have the cath removed?
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:19 PM

OH! and Vitamin A (not more than 15000 IU's) and Zinc (no more that 15mg) are both good for skin repair. Hope it helps and that you feel better soon!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:48 PM

OK ladies I need some help I had my surgery on March 13, since the surgery I cann't hardly bring myself to eat anything I'm either puking or pooping my butt is so sore I don't think it well ever be the same again. The problem is my Dr. has een checking in with me every day. I'm feeling guilty I wasn't quite honest today when she called today(she told me if I'm not better by today she was going to put me back in the hospital) well I have to go in wednesday and I haven't stopped getting sick. I don't know what to do I just don't want to go in the hospital. Thanks for being there.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Ask for Anti-Nausea Meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonniejo
OK ladies I need some help I had my surgery on March 13, since the surgery I cann't hardly bring myself to eat anything I'm either puking or pooping my butt is so sore I don't think it well ever be the same again. The problem is my Dr. has geen checking in with me every day. I'm feeling guilty I wasn't quite honest today when she called today(she told me if I'm not better by today she was going to put me back in the hospital) well I have to go in wednesday and I haven't stopped getting sick. I don't know what to do I just don't want to go in the hospital. Thanks for being there.
Dear JonnieJo,

Sounds like your hormones are going nuts. Ask for Zofran, Phenergan (pronounced fenergan) or compazine for the nausea. If you get Zofran, it will also slow things down so that you won't have so much BM going on. Is there is reason she has not offered this sooner? Nausea is not that uncommon a symptom after hysterectomy. Maybe there is a complication I am unaware of??

Hope you get help soon. Nausea is almost worse than pain.
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:06 PM

Denise I am so happy you went to the doctor!

I have sooo much empathy for your situation. When I had my 1st son 14 years ago...I was only 17 and had a horrible episiotomy (like Gr3) The perineum was complete cut from the vagina all the way through and up the rectum due to the doctor being hasty (different country...long story) I spent one week in hospital and can still remember the excruciating pain, not being able to sit without crying for a long time. My OB released me with the cut being infected, no pain meds, no antibiotic even though I told them how bad it hurts. They kept telling me ICE. We found out a week later when my PCP made a HOUSE CALL. I was litterally in bed on my back with for 3 months and cannot remember the first 3 months of my sons life.

Because of this I was absolutely terrified of having a vaginal hysterectomy but I love my GYN and she has been an awsome in taking care of me.

We are all here for you and were really concerned. It will get better. Wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a big hug...but I am saying a prayer for you instead.
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Denise I am so happy you went to the doctor!

I have sooo much empathy for your situation. When I had my 1st son 14 years ago...I was only 17 and had a horrible episiotomy (like Gr3) The perineum was complete cut from the vagina all the way through and up the rectum due to the doctor being hasty (different country...long story) I spent one week in hospital and can still remember the excruciating pain, not being able to sit without crying for a long time. My OB released me with the cut being infected, no pain meds, no antibiotic even though I told them how bad it hurts. They kept telling me ICE. We found out a week later when my PCP made a HOUSE CALL. I was litterally in bed on my back with for 3 months and cannot remember the first 3 months of my sons life.

Because of this I was absolutely terrified of having a vaginal hysterectomy but I love my GYN and she has been an awsome in taking care of me.

We are all here for you and were really concerned. It will get better. Wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a big hug...but I am saying a prayer for you instead.
Well, the prayer must of worked 'cause I felt the hug!

I can't beleive that I have lived my entire adult life with all of this damage done to my body only to find that it never had to be this way. Plus.....all the times I had been to the doctors over the years knowing something wasn't quite right only be be dismissed.

I don't have any regrets having the surgery but I do wish I would have known with more detail what the recovery was going to be like.

I was so optimistic and so hopeful preop that I truly expected to be at least doing stuff around the house and able to answer emails from work and stuff. I was told today that I an get any thoughts of returning to work, even from home part-time, completely out of my mind for ATLEAST, the first six week postop period. So finding that I am going to be laid up in bed for sometime has really affected me psycologically and I was definitely not prepared for this extensive of a recovery.

So it seems while my body works on my private parts, I have some work of my own to do on my mind.

HysterHugs to all,
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:48 PM

Hello STICKER SHOCK. I just checked my HMO online account and the first bill is in. I have at least 3 more big bills coming, due to two surgeons and hospital, anesthesia. First bill came in at $15,927.40 .... I can't tell yet but I think that is the hospital portion. Can you hear my knees hit the ground and say a prayer thanking the dear lord that I have health insurance!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register