Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

First post! Whoo-hoo!

Well, I just got home from the hospital after my TAH on Feb. 18th. I'm currently on hold trying to make a post-op appointment....the longest I've ever been on hold! I wonder what the hold-up is???

Anyways, I arrived at the hospital 30 minutes prior to my check-in time @ 5:30 am (my dad was driving...he's like that). From check-in to operating room everything went fairly smoothly! Next thing I new I was in recovery! Good news is that my doc was able to save my ovaries! No HRT! What a relief. He did remove my cervix and my uterus, plus a portion of my vagina near the cervix that had some of the pre-cancer.

That first day after the surgery was pretty much a blur. I was sleeping off the affects of the anesthesia, despite the fact that I had quite a few visitors. Had trouble staying asleep over night. Woke up every 2 hours, and then finally at 4 am, decided not to fight it and turned the tv on.

The staff at the hospital was fantastic! I did not request any painkillers on Tuesday, but after getting up a couple of times, I was starting to feel the strain and felt if I didn't have something for the pain I would have another restless night. Slept really good last night!

Today, after removing my IV and the dressing for my stitches/staples, they let me go home. Another good thing is that I was able to have a BM at the hospital. I'm feeling ok right now....still very sore down below, and am planning on taking a nap in a couple of minutes. But overall, I survived it, I'm glad I did it, and I hate to say this, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Chalk up all those nerves and anxiety to the unknown, I guess!

I hope everyone else on the 18th and this week did well are are recovering! God Bless!
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Sounds like your on your way to a fast recovery. Good luck to you and remember if you have any questions please post them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 10:19 PM

I feel frustrated, wish I was feeling better....I went for a 5 min slow walk today and was exhausted afterwards. Don't take any pain meds during day, just one at night so I can be in bed somewhat comfertable. Felt very sore after that short walk. I go up and down the stairs in my house, slowly and that doesn't bother me. Did plan on going back to work next week but I don't think so. Am a stylist and the thought of blowdrying someones hair just hurts my belly; I feel like a crybaby, I do work out and go hiking 3 times a week so I thought this would be a lot easier....the only thought that I came up with that made me feel better......if healing is that slow moving for me, then maybe I age that slow as well hmmmm, just my own theory......have not spoken to my dr. since before surgery, so I actually don't really know if everything went as planned, I'm assuming it did since I have not heard from him.....he is not that personable but an excellent surgeon......should I push myself a bit harder and force myself to walk more?? and now I can't sleep either,

well anyway, love the site and wish everybody a speedy recovery
Unread 02-21-2008, 04:33 AM

4 days post op. Surgery went as planned. Doc did take my right ovary as I had alot of pain there,with the understan ding I want at least one!

A few questions I'm going to post now.

I hope everyone else's surgery went well.
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Its finally over

Well its finally over. I was scared but I made it through it.
I had to be at the hospital at 5 am on 2/19/08 for my surgery. The nurse said that I was calm and didnt show any nervousness at all. When she checked my blood pressure it was high. I told her that I was a little nervous.

The nurses were awesome. They made jokes and cut up trying to ease the trip to the O.R. I dont remember anything after I was wheeled into the operating room and had to move onto the operating table. Next thing I remember I was waking up in recovery.

Had a TLH but my doctor was able to leave my ovaries. The surgery took about 3 hrs to do. I had a bigger fibroid than he had anticpated and it took a little longer to get it out. Had to stay overnight at the hospital, couldnt ask for better nurses than I had.

Everyone of them was making sure I felt ok and if I was in pain. The nurse came in at 5:30 the next morning and took me off everthing and took out the cath., boy was I glad I was ready to get out of that bed. Got up and walked around and drank plenty of water, finally peed about an hour or so later. was proud of that I was ready to come home.

I am glad to be home got home around 1 pm yesterday. I slept alot yesterday after I came home.

I got up this morning with a little pain but most of it is when I am getting up and down. I try to walk a little and then return to the couch where I have become a couch monkey.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So for all of you that will be going through it soon. Don't be scared it will be alright and I hope your experenice is as good as mine was and has been so far. I still have a long way to go, but Im on the road to recovery and no longer in pain .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bea Well
If your hysterectomy was between Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Glad its over

My TLH was on February 19, 2008. I reported to the hospital @5:30am and was taken in OR @ 7:30am. Everything went as planned. Because of my breast cancer diagnosis in August of last year, I did NOT want to keep my ovaries. After the surgery, my surgeon said I had fibroids and my left ovary was covered with endodetmetrios.
When I finally came out of it after almost 10 hours of sleep, I jumped out of bed and sat in a chair. I was shocked at how well I felt. I played cards for awhile and walked the halls. I came home the next day and was happy to be there. The worst part of this for me is my neck and back pain from laying so long.
I am so thankful this wasn't as bad as I had thought and I hope everyone else feels as well as I do today.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:48 AM

I'm Home and feeling releived! Surgery was at 9am on 19th and had to be there at 7am. We had really bad weather that morning and ended up in a car accident on the way to the hospital! The car that hit us was totalled but everyone was okay. The nice police officier let us give our info and sent us on to the hospital. I was so shook up thought that my BP was high when we got there! Finally things calmed down and into surgery I went. things went well. They found some things they weren't expecting but didn't find dome things they were expecting - if that makes any sense!

Turns out the endo was sonfined to my uterus and ovaries. All endo mitriomas had ruptured. They also found that my uterus was extremely large and hard - andomyoisis? - still waiting on the path report. The surgeon said she was glad that we had surgery when we did because of the condition of the uterus. They had to make 6 in vertical incision to get everything out.
Resting at home now. Came home one day early due to big snow storm that hit today - didn't want to be caught at the hospital. Feeling okay. Lots of pain still no BM. Wanted to make a quick post before returning to my bed and resting again.
I'll give more detail slater but really everything is going how I thought it probably would.

So happy to be on the other side of this and concentrating on recovery! Probably won't post again for another 24 hours so hope you all are doing well too!

Amy
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:21 AM

I'm home from my TVH.I have to say,it went really well and I feel much better than I expected to.I arrived at 8am,in theatre by 9am,feeling really calm.Staff were excellent.I was down for around 2hours,woke up feeling the best I ever have done from aneasthesia-really calm and relaxed.I slept pretty much all day Wednesday,and was on oxygen all the time.However,yesterday morning I felt like a different person.I was allowed breakfast,I had my pack removed around mid-day,my catheter early evening,and everything working as it should by 8am this morning (including the dreaded BM-I was fine-yipeeee).
The docs were really happy with how I was doing,so allowed me home this afternoon.I must admit I'm feeling pretty tired right now,but only very minor discomfort.Hope that is it!Now,must go and rest,hope all other princesses are doing well,
take care xxx
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Tah 2/19

I had my TAH and bladder lift at 1:00 Tuesday. There was more scar tissue and adhesions around my bladder than expected but everything else was just as planned. Surgery only took about 2 hrs but they couldn't get me into a room until 7pm. I slept all of that time but I think my body is more sore from lying on the hard gurney than it would've been otherwise. Of course I don't know how sore it's suppose to be from the surgery so who knows...

I slept most of Wednesday but was really nauseous when I was awake. For some reason my dr had prescribed phenargin via injection instead of the cream. After two injections I decided to just deal with the nausea. My right thigh (where they did the injections) is now numb.

Thankfully, I felt great on Thursday! I took a shower and had my catheter removed. Then came home about 5:30pm. I was able to sit at the table and eat dinner with my family which was really nice.

I'm in more pain again today but it's still manageable. I get worn out just from talking on the phone. I have fibromyalgia so I think my experience dealing with pain and fatigue will help me deal with this recovery.

I've really enjoyed this site and am thankful for everyone who posts their experiences and answers questions.

Melanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register