Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 20-Dec 26,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 20-Dec 26,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 20-Dec 26,2021

Unread 12-20-2021, 03:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 20-Dec 26,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 20-Dec 26,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2021, 08:01 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 20-Dec 26,2021

Hello, My surgery went well, and I was able to have it laparoscopic. 16 week uterus size. I am doing well, minimal pain really, just more uncomfortable than pain, was hard getting to sleep, I moved to the recliner and did better since I had to cough a bit. I would say my shoulder and throat had more pain than my abdomen. yesterday. I didn't feel I needed to take any pain meds. I might today though. I went in at 9 and was home by 3. Uterus was 900 grams with big fibroids, an ovarian cyst removed and some endometriosis removed outside uterus.
Unread 12-21-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh1 View Post
Hello, My surgery went well, and I was able to have it laparoscopic. 16 week uterus size. I am doing well, minimal pain really, just more uncomfortable than pain, was hard getting to sleep, I moved to the recliner and did better since I had to cough a bit. I would say my shoulder and throat had more pain than my abdomen. yesterday. I didn't feel I needed to take any pain meds. I might today though. I went in at 9 and was home by 3. Uterus was 900 grams with big fibroids, an ovarian cyst removed and some endometriosis removed outside uterus.
Hi Leigh1,

You are the first to check in, great to see you. Good news that your surgery went well and was able to be done laparoscopically. I had shoulder pain from the gas used during surgery and found that taking GasX and using a heating pad on shoulder area was helpful. Usually disperses after 2 days. If your cough continues you may want to try gently holding a pillow over your abdomen while coughing, hoping this stops soon for you.
Sleeping in a recliner is a good idea to help with coughing, also makes it easier to get up and down.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2021, 08:41 PM

Yes! Surgery is finally over, to the other side!
I am honored to be your Sunshine Sister, My goal is to support you, provide information & advice, and encourage you throughout your recovery. I am 4 months post op and if I don't have experience with what you are dealing with I will do my best to find resources for you.
This is your thread for sharing with and caring for your kindred sisters and for yourself.
Feel free to share or ask questions about anything that comes up, I don’t think there are any TMI subjects here. Also, if you have questions or want words of encouragement just let us know.

I believe that recovery is an investment in you future! Recovery journeys are different for everyone and there is No Normal, One Size Fts All but we will all have similarities to share. Please listen to your body and heed any warnings such as pain and GO SLOWLY.

Some sisterly advice to help you as you heal:

* Follow your Dr’s orders and limitations
* Be kind to yourself. Accept help from family, loved ones and friends
* Take your meds as directed it is easier to stay on top of pain than to wait
* Drink lots of water and then drink more, helps avoid constipation
* Eat healthy, stomach friendly food, protein is essential for healing. Protein drinks/shakes are great option, especially if your appetite is off

* Walk a little bit each hour that you are awake, to the bathroom or kitchen is enough in the beginning, please don't overdo

See you when you are ready. Sending positive thoughts and

Unread 12-21-2021, 10:36 PM

My total laproscopic davinci was today. Apparently my fibroids made my uterus huge and my bladder was punctured. I now have a catheter for 14 days when I have my follow-up. I'm pretty bummed about the catheter but not in any pain.
Unread 12-21-2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebond98 View Post
My total laproscopic davinci was today. Apparently my fibroids made my uterus huge and my bladder was punctured. I now have a catheter for 14 days when I have my follow-up. I'm pretty bummed about the catheter but not in any pain.
Hi trebond98,

I am really sorry that this happened to you! Praying that you continue to be pain free. Please keep us updated
Unread 12-22-2021, 05:07 AM
Surgery went well

Pain is moderate , I could not urinate over twelve hours . My ribs feel out of place cant take a full breathe in . Im goad im moving towards healing
Unread 12-22-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebond98 View Post
Oh my, so sorry! How big was your uterus? I had the Davinci total laproscopic on Monday. About a 16 week size I think, so my incisions are higher above my waist. It was just about 2 pounds. Feeling much more steady and more comfortable on day 3. Hope the bladder heals quickly and doesn't set you back on your recovery.
Unread 12-23-2021, 01:00 AM
Re: Surgery went well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemine81 View Post
Pain is moderate , I could not urinate over twelve hours . My ribs feel out of place cant take a full breathe in . Im goad im moving towards healing

Hi Bemine81,
So glad you have joined us, hoping you are seeing improvement. The rib pain when breathing is often due to the gas that is pumped in during the laparoscopy. Taking GasX can be helpful. Please let your doctor know if this pain has not subsided so they can check for other causes.

Unread 12-23-2021, 02:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
Hoping you are all seeing daily improvement.

In the beginning, one of the harder things for me to comprehend was how much was actually done during surgery. I couldn't fully grasp why I was so exhausted and hurting. A sister reminded me that: You have had 5 sets of ligaments, many blood vessels and connective tissues cut, as well as organs removed. Anything that was bleeding from the procedure has been stitched or cauterized. This helped my perspective, I hope it helps you as well.

I want to clarify some info on walking. Yes, walking is important after surgery, but overall, your main task is resting - resting is what allows the body to heal. There is no definitive guideline on how much walking or how much resting. Just know that you can overdo it on walking! Please follow your doctor's orders. Right now is not the time to count steps (I put my fitbit in the drawer) or try and push through the pain.

I hope these resources meet you where you are and begin to answer some of your questions. We've got all of these and many more in Hysterectomy Recovery Articles
Resting After Hysterectomy shares why we need so much. It's okay to spend most of your day resting, sleeping, napping, for that's what we need for healing. Walking After Hysterectomy is good for circulation which helps lower the risk of blood clots, and it also helps your digestive system move along. At first walking from your resting spot to the bathroom, kitchen or bedroom or to the end of the driveway to check the mail might be all that you're up for doing, but even that helps. Don't worry, instead rely on what your body is telling you.

Think of you all and wishing you the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register