Two days to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two days to go Two days to go

Unread 02-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Two days to go

Today is my last day at work before I go out on disability. I can't believe how emotional I feel right now. I'm trying to keep busy but all I want to do is put my head down and cry like a baby. I feel like I can't focus on anything. My mind is all over the place. I'm concerned about my family being able to get things done while I'm at the castle. I'm worried about the recovery time when I'll be dependent on them.

I feel this annoying lump in my belly that I hate. I know I want to go through this, including the tummy tuck. But why do I feel so emotional and sad?

I started packing and have to finish tonight. Tomorrow I will do the bowel prep so I've tried to keep the eating light this week. No heavy meats. I really do feel that I've prepared as much as I could, but somehow it's not enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Two days to go

Hi there,
Your family will survive while you are at the castle. It is difficult but you will learn quickly to accept their help, enjoy it while you can. It was VERY hard for me to ask my DH to get whatever I needed....finally it sunk into my thick skull that he could not read my mind and I HAD to ask!! This was after I walked upstairs to get something and then right back down, he was very hurt I did not ask him to get it. I was just so used to doing it myself and it is hard to ask.
Try to keep busy and the time will pass quicky and you will be on the other side soon.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

June
Unread 02-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Two days to go

Hey Latinlady~
Before you know it you will be on the other side of surgery. You will be waking up period free and skinny. It is scary, but the worst will be behind you soon. I hope you have a positive experience at the castle and a great result with the tuck. Mine is only 3 weeks old and it amazes me every time I look. I look forward to hearing from you when you are home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Two days to go

I am having surgery March 5th. How did you arrange the tummy tuck! Lucky lady. I have had 3 abdominal operatins and my tummy is a wreck. One more can only make it worse.
Good Luck and all the best. Connie
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Two days to go

Well how I arranged it was:

didn't like my local hosp and had gotten negative vibes from the ob-gyn that delivered all my kids. So 6 years ago when the hyst was looking inevitable I started looking for another dr and hosp. I knew I did not want to have surgery at my local hosp.

found an area hosp (45 minutes away) with a plastic surgeon. Met him, checked him out, was confiednt and had trust. On the advice from my family doctor I found a new gyn at the same hosp as the PS. Met him, liked and trusted him

2 years of trying to aviod hyst with new gyn and It was a bust. I had the ps in place and my gyn had NO PROBLEM working with him. The hosp even worked with me to bill everything to insurance through the hyst/gyn first, then leftover charges at the ps rate (MUCH CHEAPER) to me. So my total bill for the tuck was about 1/3 what it would have been. Because the insurance was paying for the hosptal care and lab tests because of the hyst. It's what they would have paid w/o the tuck so it's not cheating.

The most important part was trust and confidence in my drs. and hosptial. If that hadn't been there, I would have either not done the tuck or kept looking. They treated me like an important customer they had to please and my hospital stay was more like a spa than hospital.
Unread 03-02-2007, 06:02 AM
All the best to you

I had mine on 18Jan and my advice to you is to know that in the end it will make you better.
Of course everyone's experience is different, but the thing that you have to keep in mind, is that THIS IS YOUR TIME!!! Everyone else will have to take a back seat. It's ok to be selfish and say "It's all about me and how I'm feeling" because this is major. I know I cried many days during my 9 day stay in the hospital (my procedure was radical hysto w/bowel reconstruction) and was frequently depressed as I saw people come/go, but getting home was good. I had my own bed/pillows and slowly felt better.
OH..best advice...TAKE THE DRUGS!! If you have the slightest twinge...take the drugs. This is no time to be brave - be comfortable.
If you have a good system of family/friends tap into them. As you have been there for them, it's their turn to be there for you.
You will be fine, take your time, don't rush and know that we all look forward to hearing about your healing when it's done.
All the best!
Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register