I'm Back! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-28-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm Back!

Hi everyone I am back from the hospital. Actually I was home thursday afternoon 12-23-04. I have been in alot of pain that is kept back some with Tylenol 3. I have been extremely groggy from the anesthesia (this effects me every time I am put out) and today I felt alot better and able to sit up long enough to type on computer. My surgery went off great! Everything was removed without any problems. Although, my GYN wanted to remove my appendix as a courteousy, but could not find it? He knew I had a GB removed ten years ago with a Tubal, but he said there is no scar tissue to show that there was one before. So, I have to call (who is retired now) the surgeon who did it and get his report to see if it was removed. My GYN says it very important to know if I had it removed or not born with one or he was just not able to find it because down the road I could have abd pain and be my appendix and the ER DR may not think it cause of surgery and thinking it was removed when infact it was not by my GYN, anyway you get the Pic here. I am now a new Princess who feels like she has been ran over by Santa's Reindeers! LOL! I know I will only get better and that the worse is now over and in the past. So far no constipation and my stools are nice and loose! I plan to keep them that way awhile! Still, have those gas pains tho, UGH! But they are getting less. Urinating is weird, I get the urge, squat over toilet, soon as I sit the urine comes out by gravitation! I still feel little dull when I push to go and is getting better each day. Also, when I stand up I swear I can feel and hear my intestines moving, like everything is filling in the now empty void? Has any of you felt that? It's just a weird feeling and really no pain. I have been having, I think? are hot flashes? They come and go 2-3 times a day. They are not bad. I just know I am having it and they don't wake me at night. My mom says they aren't hot flashes, that they must have something to do with the meds I have taken? That Hot flashes make you turn red and are very unbearable! If these are hot flashes, they aren't bad and I could live these. But, if they get worse, I doubt I could. My DH and 3 Teenagers have been great with my after care, though I think it is getting old with them. I keep thanking them everytime they help me with something. Well, I am going to go now and try to get a much needed hot shower in this AM. It seems to make me feel better.
Boneta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 07:34 AM
I'm Back!

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had a TAH/BSO on 12-21-04 @ 7:30 AM. For Polymenorrhea, adenomyosis, fibroid, cysts and few other things I can't think because of all the anesthesia/meds, LOL, I guess they took my memory too! LOL!
Boneta
Unread 12-28-2004, 07:50 AM
I'm Back!

Hi, Boneta!

I too had my surgery on 12/21 and have been home since 12/24. My biggest complaint is the bad cold I've got. Normally -- I admit -- I'm not a very good cold sufferer. That makes me REALLY cranky. You can imagine now that I am in post-op mode: I'm angry I've got an extra malady to make me feel even more crappy.

On the other hand, I keep telling myself to smarten up and be thankful for the fact I'm home enjoying being pampered by my family.

You've mentioned the lingering effects of anesthesia -- what are they?

I wish you good luck and a quick recovery. Pretty soon we will be ready to party. Yeah!!!

Vera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm Back!

Welcome home, !!

Remember your rigorous princess training -- rest, drink water, take short walks, take your meds, repeat as necessary....

We'll be looking for your further updates on the Post-Op support board. And when you're up to it, please post a Castle Story in the "Princesses Tell Hyst-Stories" forum!

Now, get some rest!
Unread 12-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm Back!

So sorry about that cold! That I know I could not deal with at this time! Two of my kids have been coughing and fever but was over it in 24 hrs. I have not gotten it from them, yet!??? I pumped the Vit. C pretty heavy before surgery per Dr and Pharmacists d/t no Flu shots. It seems to have worked for me so far. The side effects I am referring too was the druggy & groggy feeling I have for a week after surgerys requiring a general anesthesia. Yes, the pain pills also cause or enhance the side effects too. Not, giving up the pain pills quite yet! My incision is 13 inches long! Me & hubby measured it! Dr said before surgery it takes 6-8 inches. Will, ask him thurs. why a bigger cut? I know he was looking for my appendix and said there was none. Maybe he was exploring and had to make it bigger? I did get info from the GB surgery. The surgeon's report never mentions the appendix. So, if he removed it, it should be in the report, right? Or could he have forgotton to put it in? He was very old almost retired at that time (70's) but highly recommended surgeon in my area. My GYN said he did not even see any scar tissue where one should be. So maybe I was born without an appendix?
Boneta
TAH/BSO 12-21-04

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register