Scared of all the bleeding - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared of all the bleeding Scared of all the bleeding

Unread 12-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Scared of all the bleeding

7 weeks post op VH still have my overies. I bled for 3 years constantly, not as heavy
as you are but I would bleed 21 days a month. I tried everything from birth control
pills to a pill I took the 1st 10 days of the month. Finally when every option was used
up my Dr suggested a hysterectomy. THANK YOU GOD, AN EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT.
Although I have had some problems post op, it was the best decision I have ever
made in my life. Isnt your Dr concerned that you will become anemic? Bleeding that
heavy would scare me, good luck to you.....................please keep us all posted.....
thoughts and prayers your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2003, 06:00 AM

Hi, It will be seven months on Jan 3 since I had my surgery and to be honest with you I was a total basket case and there are wuite a few sisters on here that can confirm this they read my post and replied to them and they are a great bunch of sisters ...the day that I relized that I could not take anymore was the day I ended up in the E.R bleeding so bad that I would put on a pad and fill it as soon as I pulled up my underwear passing clots that were bigger then my double hands put together I was so scared because i had been fighting this for five years and had not sen a DR for five years I would miss work a week and longer at a time thank god I had a good understanding boss , I had no life the days I was not bleeding I had to work and the days I was bleeding I was home with my feet up for a week or two until the bleeding stoped I could not plan nothing if I did the bleeding always stoped it...I guess what I am trying to say is the luckiest day of my life is when they done surgery on me and removed it all ovaries uturus all of it I had sever endo and adeno I had no trouble recovering from the surgery . as I look back now I think why was I so scared because I feel so great now I can go shopping spend time wiht my family take off on a spur of moment and not worry about if I am going to start bleeding if I go...
I am sorry this took so long but it just feels good talking about it now...so do what your Dr wants you to do you will be happy that you did I was ...take care and god bless diet coke
Unread 12-28-2003, 11:47 AM

Hi Sooty,

I can definetly relate to you. Have the same heavy periods with huge clots that generate hemmoraging when they pass, not to mention pain, almost like labor. I can actually tell in advance when the clots are coming from the pain. I have been dealing with this on and off for years and lately it is even worse, if that is possible. When recent blood tests showed severe anemia dr. says "wow you really are bleeding heavy". While duh...what did she think I was making it up. It's funny how we get used to the heavy bleeding and deal with it. There's a few times I probably should have gone to the e.r. but just sat in the bathroom figureing it eventually would stop. Fibroids are the culprit and after trying all sorts of medication I just want it out too. I go back to dr. 1/5 to check the blood count and if its up enough can schedule surgery. While the thought of surgery freaks me out, the thought of this non-stop bleeding/clotting freaks me out even more, and I *can't wait* to get my life back. Good luck to you and know you are not alone!

Peg
Unread 12-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Sooty

hi there Im to in the uk and have had same probs as you all and at last at the age of 32 after having this mess for 15 yrs I am to be blessed with becoming a princess on Jan 23rd,I cant wait,im lucky enough to be blessed with 4 children and a great hubby,in the last 3 mths Iv been on 3 iron pills a day to get my blood count up as it was 8.4 and on zantac to stop the bleeding and shrink the fibroid and put my body in an early menopausal state,its been a rollercoaster and will be for a while but i cant wait to begin my new life,you need to be put on the same, iron and possibly zantac up to your surgery date good luck love Hayley
Unread 12-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Thank You all from Sooty

I was so surprized to receive all the messages from you lovely Ladies, it's nice to know I'm not on my own "I thought I was"

I have had this trouble a few years now but this has been the worst ever period. In October my blood count was 7.8 then Decembers was 8.9, I'm on 3 Iron tablets a day and taking Norethisterone to stop the bleeding totally. I am going for another blood test mid January as long as it's over 12 they say I can have the op, I'd go in tomorrow if I could I cant wait.

I also have fibroids 3 at 5/7 cm and a couple of large cysts on my overies, they said hopefully they will leave me with one overy.

Thanks again Ladies your most wonderful.

Hugs & Kisses Sooty
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:41 AM

Hi, it's nice to meet you. I really am glad that I found this wonderful site pre op too. It helped me also to know that I wasn't all alone with my nerves and questions.

I'll be that all goes well with your next blood test and that you can move forward with ending your problems.

s
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:15 PM

Hi sooty,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. I hope that the medication that you are on now will raise your blood count enough that you can go ahead with your surgery. I didn't have the heavy bleeding that you have described, so can't give you any personal experiences, but do want to suggest reading the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Also, don’t forget to go back into your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 12-30-2003, 08:28 AM

I have also been having the heavy bleeding you are describing. I have been bleeding for well over 30 days now, some days are lighter but most are heavy. I feel like I have no life anymore due to the bleeding. If I go anywhere even shopping Ihave to make sure I have a complete change of clothes waiting for me in the car. I carry old beach towels around to sit on so that I don't ruin the furniture, or car seats. I have even went to a medical supply store and bought heavy cloth pads to sleep on so that I dont ruin the sheets and mattress. I pass huge clots, I can even feel before them before they come out they are so big. I had to have an emergecny d&C in June from the bleeding, I went to the ER and the doctor there checked me and paniced, he asked why I waited so long to get in there he immediately called my gynie and the did the d&c that evening. I think the oneof the worst times was when my 3 year old daughter came into the bathroom and seen all of the blood all over the floor and all over me and she paniced. It took me hours to calm her down that I was ok. I have tried the birthcontrol pills, I did the hormones that I had to take the first 10 days of each month and nothing has helped so I am now scheduled for my surgery on Jan. 19. I am a bit nervous about it but I keep telling myself that this is what I have to do in order to get my life back.
Unread 12-30-2003, 08:39 AM

I have had heavy periods seems like forever too. I remember once I was only about 12 we were on vacation and I woke up with the bed all bloody, my dad was in the same room I was soo embarrassed! Several times my mom had to bring me new pants to school, I would have to run to the nurse's office and wait for her to come, as I got older it got worse and so did the pain that came along with it. Last September (2002) I had been bleeding really heavily, woke up in the middle of the night with chest pain. My boyfriend took me to the ER, turned out my hemoglobin was about 7.3, needed 2 units of blood. I have been anemic for most of the past 10 years, and I have a hard time taking iron it makes me really sick to my stomach. Currently I have been bleeding since October, not gushing, but enough to have to wear a pad every single day. Needless to say, I want this surgery over with, though I am starting to get anxious about the actual procedure, but everyoen I know who has had it says it is the best thing to do when you are suffering like this!! :cry:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register