Getting Involved In Southern Nevada | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Nevada

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Involved In Southern Nevada Getting Involved In Southern Nevada

Unread 09-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Getting Involved In Southern Nevada

Hi Sisters,
I live in Las Vegas and I had surgery to remove 1 ovary about 2 weeks ago. After the Pathologist report came back I was told that they did in fact find a suspicios spot. Now I am waiting for my appointment with my Oncologist which is Monday. I was told that there is a <1% chance of something becoming wrong with my other ovary so I am going to research that as well. I have no idea what the future holds for me but I am concerned that I will have to have this surgery all over again to remove the other ovary. I have no children yet and I am hopefull that God will bless me with one.
I started having stomach problems and my general doctor was sending me to a gastro doctor. I took it upon myself to go to the gyno which led to the ultrasound and to the discovery of the tumor! I am so mad that the untrasound is not a part of a womans's annual checkup!! I read that Ovarian cancer has a VERY low survival rate because it is often not found in the early stages!!! There is something wrong with this picture.
I am interested in helping to spread the awareness in Southern Nevada. I am also interested in sharing stories or helping in any way that I can. If anyone has any information on nevada organizations or groups please let me know.
Nicole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2004, 06:14 PM

((( Nicole )))

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your appointment tomorrow with the oncologist will answer your questions, and will relieve your mind. I'm sure it's been a scary experience for you.

I don't know about any particular groups in your area, but you might try calling your local American Cancer Society to ask if they know of any ovarian cancer groups. One of the HS former hostesses is very involved in ovarian cancer awareness at the national level, and a woman I work with is active here in Florida.

Please let us know what your doctor says tomorrow.

S
Unread 10-04-2004, 03:56 PM

Hi Nichole

I live in Northern Nv. About 5 hrs away. I used to live right outside of vegas from 1994 to 1998. I had my tah in 2002 and also went throught cancer right after the hyst. Right now I am awaiting tests to make sure the cancer has not come back. I am praying that it has not. If you would like to talk just pm me. Wishing you the best of luck

Carla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2004, 12:23 AM

Hi Carla,
Well, I am VERY sorry that you are going through this again. Please try to think positive. I know that I myself am so tired sometimes of hearing people say that .......but..... it really works!!!!

I feel like 1 month ago I was a completely different person. I did not have this dark cloud over me and I was no nieve about being young and healthy. I have changed so much and in someways for the better. I am a little nicer to people and I appreciate life a lot more! And I appreciate people more for what they may have gone through!! I know there is nothing positive about the things that we are going through but I believe there is a lesson to be learned in everything!!
I will say a prayer for you. Please write if you need to talk.
Nicole

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register