Why do I have another waistline? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Beyond the Land of Hyster > Memorable Messages (Read Only)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Why do I have another waistline? Why do I have another waistline?

Unread 01-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Why do I have another waistline?

Cowsleeper I am so glad to hear you made it out of church ok. I thought we were going to have to call Homeland Security again and tell them it was just another sister unzippin' her drawers. Paula, the preggers hose - I'm looking at them now - they have a picture of a woman who looked like me on the 14th - whadda gut - oh, I digress, nope don't know about the toe curlin'. They wouldn't do that to a pregnant person would they? They do have a Lace Tummy Panel -- woo woo -- better not put these on around dh I might have to run! Yeah, right. They carefully list Size/Height/Weight (during pregnancy). They have reinforced toes so you can go kick these people if they dare curl your tootsies. I just opened them. I think they will actually be ok the top kinda goes in a "V" shape with room for a big ol belly. The bonus -- there's a questionnaire on the inside panel that you can mail back if your toes curl. Berksire Maternity Pantyhose!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2002, 03:13 PM

OOOO, I forgot the party. What do you say, Superbowl Sunday or Superbowl Saturday. We all hang right where we are in our most comfy clothes and hop on with a thread that starts with maybe something like -- Guts and Butts Party Here. Katie, we're not going to get in trouble with a name like that are we?
Unread 01-27-2002, 03:20 PM
I loved your poem!

I just loved your poem, and so very true it is! I had to wear panty hose about 3 weeks post op and it was so frustrating. I hate it when you get them started wrong and you end up with 1 side of your thigh being twisted, and then you get the seam on your year end twisted too. LOL Here is a trick for wearing jeans...zip them up as far as you can and then take an elastic band....like the ones they you use for pony tails... and loop it through one side on the opening to your jeans and then fasten the other side to your top button. And then pray the wind doesnt blow your blouse up, HAHA. I am sure glad my DH took his wedding vows seriously. For better or for worse,,, because I am sure he was inmpressed with all the after effects of surgery. I never have farted in front of him, honest, and I was so full of gas I thought i would blow up. So I had to just let er rip. He was so proud that i got over my phobia, LOL. Life is GOOD! Robin in Nebraska
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2002, 03:37 PM
seasuninthesun

Oh my face hurts from laughing!! My DH just shakes his head at me anymore.!! Thank goodness none of the nurses came in the room at the hosp while I was trying so hard to pass gas.. Am sure I looked like I was going to pop a blood vessel, but I was determined They told me I had to "vent" before I came home, what a thing to have to admit to a total stranger I did graduate (couldnt say pass could I?), got to leave the hosp a day early!! Such a big girl!!haha
VBL
I'll check out the pantyhose, no really, they sound like the ticket.
The name sounds wonderful , can you work something in there about thighs too do you think?? I think the party sound great, lets do it!! Bring on the comfy clothes, a bottle of water and lets chat!!
Paula
Unread 01-27-2002, 03:42 PM

OK you goof balls.
Since you have made me suffer from the laughing pains....here goes....
I have a parrot who imitates every, yes EVERY, sound that he hears. While I do not have a dh here, I have my parrot, Alfie who has learned to burp and pass gas just like a memorex recording...! So now my humiliation is complete!
Any suggestions?

Deb
Unread 01-27-2002, 03:59 PM

Paula, How about "Welcome to the "Thigh Guts and Butts Party"? I got those same major love handles. Bet I can clear a gift shop shelf in a nanosecond.

I like that idea from Seasuninthesun for the button stretcher.

Oh, Floo - the Parrott!!! Guess you have to be careful who you bring home these days huh?

You know, I got a little "anxious" today thinking about these next 10 weeks off. I stayed with it for a bit but then decided to come here and see what was new. I'm so thankful to you all and so is Kleenex, I just keep on laughin'.
Unread 01-27-2002, 04:17 PM
ROFL...rolling on floor laughing

angelfloo... You must bring your parrot to our party! The only draw back would be you probably couldnt have company any more after he got done imitating all of us! But oh what fun we could have. You ladies are just absolutely the GREATEST! Love Ya All, Robin
Unread 01-27-2002, 05:43 PM

Your party sounds fun! Bellies and Butts is a wonderful name....or Guts and Butts....they both sound fun! No jeans allowed.

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 01-27-2002, 06:09 PM
ear muffs?

Do they make ear muffs for Parrotts?? You would have to bring the parrot though, we could use it for a replay later relive it first hand!! :sing: The name Thighs, Guts and Butts gets my vote!! Oh my I love this place..
I understand wondering about being off work, I had the same fear (confusion) about it.. now I worry about going back (Monday the 4th) .. I think I'm physically ready, but certainly not mentally. I have enjoyed the last couple weeks being home soooooo much, once I got feeling stonger and better each day and felt like doing things. I should have been born rich and thin, but alas, it wasnt in the genes or is that jeans (oh here we go again) so off to work I go!! Maybe I'll buy stock in sweats and rubberbands!!
Paula
Unread 01-27-2002, 07:01 PM

So can anyone tell me when to expect my tummy to look normal again? Not that it was ever flat, but I didn't expect it would stay swollen past a couple of weeks. But I keep reading posts from people that are 6, 8 weeks or more post-op that still have the swelly belly. Is there anything I can do to encourage it to go down quicker? Sit ups do not sound very appealing right now.

Special hi to Angelfloo and VBL. My surgery was on the 14th too.

And someone mentioned bending down. I find that if I squat like a sumo wrestler with my belly dropped between my legs, that usually works Funny, the older I get, the more I look like my dad. I got his big beer gut now too.

Thanks for all the laughs ladies (even though it still kinda hurts). Speaking of laughs, I've had to keep from watching America's Funniest Home videos the last couple of times. I hurt myself so bad I cried.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register