Staying strong through my struggle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Staying strong through my struggle Staying strong through my struggle

Unread 03-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Staying strong through my struggle

I had my struggle with my hysterectomy at the age of 25. when your engaged had your whole life in front of you then you get hit with the word tumor that puts you on your knees or just worried that they are going to take the one thing you dreamed about is a family it gets taking away in a instant all you want to do cry or ask why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2020, 07:48 PM
keep fighting the good fight

My husband was supportive out of all of this I feel liking I'm robbing him of a bio family that not going to happen, we are trying to get finances in order to where we can start are adoption process. I just want find a community to where I could share my story as well who in the same situation.
Unread 03-06-2020, 06:49 AM
Re: keep fighting the good fight

Please do not feel like you're robbing your husband of a family. My mother adopted me and my brother after her hysterectomy, and she and my father loved us just as much as they would love a biological child. They've both passed away now, but I'm still grateful to them for how hard they worked to provide me with the kind of life that my biological parents could not provide for me, and I'm keeping their memories alive by living the values they've instilled in me. I've been going through some turbulence in my life since my father's recent passing; my social worker told me that he and my mother had raised a strong daughter, and I will get through this. The child you adopt will know that he or she has found a "forever home," which will be repaid to you in ways that you cannot even begin to imagine, and I'm confident that your husband will love this child just as much as a biological child. Best wishes for the both of you as you start your family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2020, 07:53 AM

There are lots of women in this community who can relate to how you are feeling. As you go forward to looking to expand your family you may want to search for a website community that has adoption as its focus so that you have the best chance of connecting with more women who can share from experience.

Unread 03-11-2020, 03:04 PM

Please know that there are others who understand this heartache. I had years of infertility and finally had the rest of my "parts" removed ( my 5th gyn surgery) in 2007. We adopted our newborn in 2003, after years of emotional pain and never a pregnancy. You can weather this, and become even stronger as a couple. And if we had known how perfect this child that God sent to us thru adoption would be, we would have waited more patiently. There is a plan in place for you- you just may not be able to see the path yet-
Unread 03-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Staying strong through my struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate NY View Post
Please know that there are others who understand this heartache. I had years of infertility and finally had the rest of my "parts" removed ( my 5th gyn surgery) in 2007. We adopted our newborn in 2003, after years of emotional pain and never a pregnancy. You can weather this, and become even stronger as a couple. And if we had known how perfect this child that God sent to us thru adoption would be, we would have waited more patiently. There is a plan in place for you- you just may not be able to see the path yet-
Thank you, sometimes I don't know what God is doing I'm waiting for patiently for Him work and see His spirit move and see the path He made for us
Unread 03-23-2020, 03:21 PM
keep the faith

I understand what you are going through have your mind set on dream then out no where it get crushed or blink of eye it's gone. I had dream of being a mom be able have the conversation with other moms the hows and don'ts. I have a new goal is still being but a adoptive mom just being able find that support from other women out who took that step of faith to open are hearts to adoption raise a child that doesn't have are DNA raise are own.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register