Two Bad News Reports Today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Bad News Reports Today Two Bad News Reports Today

Unread 02-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Two Bad News Reports Today

Ellen,
I wish I could come and take care of you after the surgery. You are in my daily prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2004, 12:09 AM

Ellen:

You are in my ers -- but then you knew that.

Before you go to surgery, can you meet with a social worker -- maybe from the oncology clinic? You have some very distinctive needs that should entitle you to some care for a day or two (or at least an overnight, since I know how you feel about hospital "food"! )
It's all very easy, I know, to tell you that you're the toughest survivor I know (and I live with a couple around here, I know that particular brand of determination) but I know how lonely you must be feeling inside. Just know that you have whatever strength you can muster, along with all the cyber-support and prayers you'll find here -- and somehow G-d will come through, yet again.

Big, gentle s...

Audrey
Unread 02-03-2004, 01:56 AM

Dear Ellen,

I just read your post on the ACOR board (which I rarely read), which said basically the same thing as this post does. I'm so sorry about the surgery, but your jumpy CA125 might go down again by your next treatment, so maybe that's not as much to worry about as you think. I don't really know, and I'm honestly just guessing. But that's a lot of up-and-down jumping, so . . . maybe all will end up being well! I hope so, dear Ellen.

As other have said, you do not deserve this. You are so helpful to so many of us, and we're all gunning for you. I really hope your surgery goes well and that you're able to stay in the hospital or someplace else close. I'm not fully aware of your personal situation, but I hope you have friends around who can help you.

As Karenann said, please do keep us posted so we don't worry. And KEEP FIGHTING. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but maybe try to eat some broccoli and get rid of the dairy and the sugar for a while to see if it helps. :-)

s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2004, 06:27 AM

Hi Ellen,
I am so sorry that you have to have more surgery. You have been through so much. Hopefully, your next CA125 will be cut in half again next time!

-Denise
Unread 02-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Siren

If I ate broccoli I would be in the hospital for a third problem--I love broccoli but it wreaks havoc on my digestive system. I suppose I could look for sugar-free chocolate...donuts...ice cream...cake...cookies...candy. Actually I have been eating better. Hitting juice, meat, fruit, vegetables. And chocolate.
Unread 02-03-2004, 07:42 AM

Ellen,
I am sorry to hear that you are going to have to have surgery on that elbow! I am praying that you will mend fast from that! We will all be keeping you in our prayers , that your CA125 goes down (and STAYS that way!) and that the cancer does not have a chance in your body! Ellen, you have been through so much and I have really been inspired by your words here, many times. Take care and stay warm in all of that cold weather!!!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 02-03-2004, 10:43 AM

Ellen, you make me laugh. :-)

I've actually been seeking out vegan fruit-juice-sweetened baked goods, as well as chocolate sweetened with things like Maltitol, which has a lower glycemic index and doesn't create as much of an insulin spike. You can find Maltitol in most of the sugar-free chocolate bars.

Sorry to hear that broccoli does a number on your digestive tract. Do all vegetables? As a matter of course, higher vegetable intake clears out the colon and gets stuff moving through you, which is a good thing. The most helpful anti-cancer veggies are the cruciferous ones, which can promote gas, but if that is a problem, you can try Beano to eliminate some of the gas. Or a digestive enzyme half an hour before you eat.

Juice, meat, fruit and vegetables sounds wonderful, and many congrats for eating more healthfully! My nutritionists both say to avoid fruit juices, since they are 10x more concentrated than fruits and thus create a big insulin spike. Meat-wise, I've been encouraged to seek out cold-water fish, and lean chicken or turkey that is "no-hormones." :-) The darker-colored vegetables and fruits are the most important.

I want you to HEAL! :-)
Unread 02-06-2004, 09:11 PM

Hi Ellen,
Although new to site, I learned immediately what a kind and caring person you are as you took the time --in the face of all of your trials-- to respond to my post. I'm glad to see how well loved you are among your many sisters on this site and I add to all of their prayers for you, my prayers for you as well. May God be your constant comfort, strength and shelter throughout this storm. In the meantime, keep warm wrapped in all of the many prayers that are being said for you. Don't know if you have had your surgery yet but I pray that all has (or will) go well. God Bless You.
Unread 02-06-2004, 09:42 PM

Hi Ellen!
Just want you to know that I am praying for you. You are a brave lady. I will keep you in my thoughts as well.
Take care and God Bless You.
Dottie
Unread 02-07-2004, 01:09 PM

Hi Ellen - just wanted to let you know I have added you to my prayer list. Hang in there gal - you are touch and will get this thing licked.
Lots of hugs.
Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register