Family Member in Military? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > God Bless America, Land that I love

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Family Member in Military? Family Member in Military?

Unread 04-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Family Member in Military?

I am now a military mom... My Middle son just Join the Army National Gaurd.. He leaves for boot camp This June... Yes I am nevorse, But I am PROUD OF HIM!... I just wanted to say thank you to all of you serving country and doing a great job..... God Bless to you all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 04:22 PM

I am an Air Force mom and so proud of my 19yr old son. He graduated from BMT last month and is now in Mississippi until the end of July. He then gets to come home for a few weeks before leaving for Guam and from there he will be deployed. Thank you to all of you who serve this country and to all of the families who sacrfice so much! God bless you all.
Unread 04-14-2007, 08:17 PM

My son is in the process of enlisting in the Army. Goes to MEPS on Tuesday. He has had a great interest in all things military for several years so it is not a surprise. With the job he is going for and his graduation date, he will go in August.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 06:12 AM

Let me start by saying I am a very Proud Army Mom...My son joined the US Army in August 2005. He graudated boot camp in Ft. Sill, OK. He is stationed in Ft. Hood, TX. He was deployed to North Bagdad, Iraq in Nov. 2006 and curently still over there. He is scheduled to have a 15 day leave of absence in August 2007. His tour of duty has been extended to Jan. 2008.
The humvee he was traveling in hit a roadside bomb March 29, 2007. He was the gunner, with 3 others inside the hummer at the time. 2 of them werent hurt. The driver got flash burn on his face from the explosion. My son got flash burn on his face, a concussion, neck and back injuries, and had ringing in both of his ears. After the explosion, he was knocked out for 10-15 min. He was taken to the Green Zone by helicopter for treatment, then was taken back to his base in Camp Taji. He returned to duty after 9 days of rest and getting better. He still cant hear out of his right ear, docs told him it might return in a month or two. He was very anxious to get back on duty and "do his job".
I cant express enough the power of prayer. I thank God he wasnt hurt worse than he was. I, and of course my whole family, have been so worried about him. One thing I am thankful for: he was brought up in Iowa, and his dad took him hunting throughout his childhood. My son received his first BB gun at age 5, and his first 12 guage when he was 11 or 12. So, he is no stranger to guns, knowing how to aim, ect.
I pray daily that each and everyone of our troops comes home saftely... God Bless Everyone!!
Unread 04-22-2007, 05:53 PM

>tweetywoman< My prayers go out to your son. I hope he has a full recovery. My son is still in tech school so I know my real worries havent started yet. When people ask me if Im worried about my son being in the military I say sure I am but if something is going to happen it can happen anywhere. Just look at what is going on in the schools where you would expect your kids to be safe! I am so thankful for all of the men and women who serve our country and put their lives on the line.
Unread 04-22-2007, 05:58 PM

tweetywoman, I am so glad to hear that your son was not hurt any worse. I am sure you were concerned for a while though.

My son's recruiter picked him up to take him to MEPS on Monday and I had a similar though as you incyster.

My kid is going in in Intelligence.
Unread 05-09-2007, 02:17 PM

I am also a military mom, my daughter is in the Army, she graduated basic at Ft. Leonardwood , Mo. in Feb 07, and is now in AIT at Ft. Huachuca, Az. which is 1500 miles away from home(Mississippi). She is also in military intelligence, she will be a common ground station operator, we don't know yet where she will be going when she graduates AIT which will be the end of July 07. I am so proud of all of our soldiers and I pray for their safety everyday. God bless them and keep them safe.
Unread 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM

> NANA2LANDON < You are in Mississippi and your daughter is in AZ, and I'm in AZ and my son is in tech school in Mississippi. He also will graduate at the end of July then he gets to come home for a few weeks. He was originally going to be stationed in Guam as I stated in a previous post but he has been diverted to Japan instead. Congrats on your daughters accomplishments and God bless you all!
Unread 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Wow, that is so coincidental, where in Ms is your son? Thank you for sharing the info, I know you are probably overwhelmed with emotion just as I have been these past months, I go from being so happy and proud of her to depressed because I just want to give her a hug. I really am happy with her decision, she was lacking direction when she was home, the Army has really made some changes in her, lol. I wish you well, and you and your son will be in my prayers.
Angelia
Unread 05-09-2007, 03:24 PM

> NANA2LANDON > My son is at Keesler Air Force base in Gulfport. We are also very happy with his decision because he too was lacking direction. He had always been a good student but his last 2 years of high school he let his grades slide and got involved in the party scene. He is very happy now and has even decided to make this his career. He wants to go to school to become a pilot. He left for basic back in January when I was only 1 week post op. Talk about being an emotional wreck! But at least I knew I would get to see him in 6 weeks when we went to his graduation in Texas. When he leaves for Japan in August I know that is going to be a very tough goodbye because I wont know when Ill get to see him again. And I know what you mean about how this changes them. When we went to his graduation in March I couldnt believe the change in only 6 weeks. Yesterday we received the DVD we ordered that shows everything they went through during basic training from their first haircuts all the way to the graduation ceremony. I cried all over again. My prayers are with you and your family also! Joyce

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register