Finding out I have the gene for ovarian cancr | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > GYN Genetics

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finding out I have the gene for ovarian cancr Finding out I have the gene for ovarian cancr

Unread 12-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Finding out I have the gene for ovarian cancr

It has been tough since finding out I have the gene for ovarian cancer.Found out yesterday I have it hearing the results.I was tearful at first and know I have it.I am glad I was tested because I knew it ran in my late father's side of the family.Had a grandmother that died of it when I was 20.Two aunts that survived it as well and learning there is more.I made the decision on the hysterectomy and not looking back.Making the appointment with a surgeon next month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongkels View Post
It has been tough since finding out I have the gene for ovarian cancer.Found out yesterday I have it hearing the results.I was tearful at first and know I have it.I am glad I was tested because I knew it ran in my late father's side of the family.Had a grandmother that died of it when I was 20.Two aunts that survived it as well and learning there is more.I made the decision on the hysterectomy and not looking back.Making the appointment with a surgeon next month.
Hi Strongkels, it is hard but remember you [u]are[u] strong, you are the same person you were before you found this out except now you have knowledge and knowledge is power! This is a hard thing, a big step, it’s natural to have emotions about it. I, too, have a gene that predisposes me to cancers and find myself getting teary at strange times, but overall I feel so lucky to know and to be able to be proactive about this, not everyone gets that chance!

Best wishes as you begin your journey!

Unread 01-18-2019, 04:50 AM

[quote=Making the appointment with a surgeon next month.[/QUOTE]

You are very brave! It took me 7 years to make the same decision, but almost 7 weeks post op now. You will be fine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register