Enjoying the snow in Indiana for the 1st time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Indiana

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Enjoying the snow in Indiana for the 1st time Enjoying the snow in Indiana for the 1st time

Unread 02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Enjoying the snow in Indiana for the 1st time

I have always dreaded the snow storm forcasts due to always having to get dug out and on the road to work very early in the morning. Due to being off work, recovering from my hysterectomy, I am really enjoying watching it snow. I have taken the time to actually go out and walk around my yard with a camera and capture some beautiful pictures. I have always been busy since I started working at 16 and this is the first time in 30 years I have ME time to enjoy.

I have more to enjoy, too. After getting 9.5 inches of blowing and drifting snow on Friday, we are getting another storm just like it tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Re: Enjoying the snow in Indiana for the 1st time

to HS. It is amazing the ways we see things: "work + snow = major hassle" VS "time off + snow = awesome joy!"

Just be careful while out walking around that you don't slip - that would not be good.

BTW, I live in MD and we got 28" inches Friday pm; with another 6-12 inches expected Tues. i am on crutches, awaiting knee replacement surgery, so it doesn't bother me.
It is beautiful, unless your power is out, have not seen or heard the "wonder" of a snowplow motor, didn't heed "stock up" warnings, etc.

Have a great day.
Unread 02-08-2010, 12:33 PM

Glad to hear you are enjoying the snow.... be careful with the walking as we were hit pretty heavily as well, 26", and now some melting, freezing and icy walks...

Yes, we've received notice that another 14- 18" warning with possible snowfall over two feet - again! with blizzard conditions..... Just hoping my back heals in two days ??? as the lumbar herniation is in spasm from shoveling the walk and cars ...

and the dogs... one lab loves the snow and sits or lays out there... another lab hates it (she also is afraid of water)... and the shep mix found that the last snowfall was higher than she was so she had to wait for the others to make her a path in the back yard....

and, I had been considering a trip to Alaska this summer... for the fishing and wildlife sightseeing..... no longer want to go!!!

now thinking tropics; maybe for swords .... that is if I ever find a doc to repair my prolapses...

but... happy to hear that some can enjoy ... and yes, it is pretty....

enjoy,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2010, 12:37 AM

we have gotten about a total of 3 feet all together now and well i just dont like it. Makes it hard for everyone in my family to get to work. My son wrecked because of it the other day too.
Plus i already am feeling rather trapped since my surgery and now all this snow didnt help that any either.
Guess it will make us appreciate the warmer weather when it gets here!
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:46 PM

I am hearing that Central Indiana is going to get more snow this weekend. I have to work on Sunday. I am glad I have a 16 year old son that can do the digging since I am not suppose to. It has been hard to not shovel and clean the porches and sidewalks the way I want them done. I have swept a little snow but no major shoveling.
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM

Yes we are suppose to get yet even more snow this weekend!
We can just now finally see a little of the pavement showing through on the road so i am sure that will disappear once again!
Glad you have someone to shovel for you, i know i sure am glad i do!
I just keep telling myself.....THINK SPRING!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register