Connecticut Sisters - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Connecticut

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Connecticut Sisters Connecticut Sisters

Unread 01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Corinne,
Welcome aboard. Anyone related to Christine is related to Diane, Shelley, yours truly, and the rest of us CT sisters. We now have the 4th musketeer - Diane, Shelley, me, and Christine. #5 and 6 (itsmeagain and Sue) too. Anyway welcome.
And on this note I am going to air out my thingies before I start scratching again.
Christine,
I WILL EXPLAIN.
Hugs,
Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Connecticut Sisters

Toni,
Thanks for the welcome. I am glad my little sister has you guys and found this site and hooked me up. I hate being so far away from her and what I still call home (CT>). I have found myself on the other forums a lot. Very helpful.
Have a great day,
Corinne
Unread 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Toni,

Sorry I did not call today. I did not feel well, and stayed in bed until I had to get ready for work. If you still have my work #, you can call me up tp 7pm tonight-no guarantee I will be able to talk, lots of sick students, and was so busy last night.

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Christine,
We will connect at some point. I am feeling pretty crummy today and have been laying down most of it. I do have to make chili for dinner and then clean up an area in the basement so that the plumber can move the drain and water supply lines for my washing machine tomorrow morning. LOL my 19 year old son was supposed to clean that area for me, guess I better not hold my breath any longer. LOL
Wish I could just snap my fingers and it would be done. All I want to do is sleep today, I am so achy it isn't funny.
Hugs,
Toni
Unread 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Toni-get to bed! You should be taking care of yourself. Let the boys wait on you-that's what there for (ha).
Christine,
Hope you are feeling better, although you are working as we "speak". You take care as you have to be in good condition for your upcoming surgery. Good luck with the surgeon.
Welcome aboard Corinne-we are one big extended "family" here. We pretty much call it as it is. This website has so much info it is amazing. The people are all great too.
Shelley
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Christine- You might look into the state of CT. Somewhere I had heard that if your company does not provide disability compensation, the state might be able to compensate you while you are out.Not exactly sure if this is true, or who you would contact regarding this.I suppose it would work like unemployment benefits. Worth looking into or at least asking around about it.

Hi Corinne- Wow sisters having hysterectomies a year apart from each other.It must be awful to be so far apart from each other, especially with having your sisters surgery coming up.Thank God for this website to help you not only keep in touch, but to get all the support that you need.How is it living in Indiana by the way, I have never been there.
Diane
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Toni- OMG ...How do you expect to get better???? Keep pushing it sweetie, you'll be on your butt longer than you intend to.
All of us will get the duck tape, only to tape you up to a chair or something to keep you from working all the time.Better yet....I'll call Dr. Cutie Pie and hopefully he will get you to slow down....
I know it's hard, but go do something that's not so difficult on your body..why don't you make all of us hystersisters some slipper socks, or a hat with your knitting skills...What do you think girls, wouldn't you like that??? That will keep you busy and out of trouble.!!! Do you want to kill me now or later??? lol
I'll talk to you soon. Love Ya
Diane
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Hi Toni,

Diane has a great idea. Please put me down for a pair of slipper socks. I sure could use something to brighten up my crummy old sweats as I just lie around healing! Sorry you're not feeling too well today, hope tonight and tomorrow are better.

Hi and welcome to Christine and Corinne. Hugs, Sue
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Connecticut Sisters

Diane,
Indiana is good. Great place to raise kids and our school system is great!(of course I teach in it). Yes it is very hard being this far away. My mom flew out here last year for 1 week . DH took off the 1st week then mom helped the second week. TVH went well so did recovery for me. I am however wanting to get off my hormones. I have gained a lot of weight and now have high blood pressure. Waiting on gyn to return call.I wish I lived back in Ct. for times like these. We do have another sister inbetween us. She lives here in Indiana. She however got lucky and has NO female problems like Chris and I. Hard to relate for her. You guys all seem to be great to each other out there. I checked Indiana posts and there are not many. I guess I could post and see if anyone new is out there. Well I am rambling guess it is nervous energy.
Corinne
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Connecticut Sisters

sue and shelly thanks for the welcome

toni sorry you are not feeling well hope tomorrow is better

Hugs to all my east coast sisters,
Corinne
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register