Netflix suggestions for recovery? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Netflix suggestions for recovery? Netflix suggestions for recovery?

Unread 07-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Re: Netflix suggestions for recovery?

-Friends! That show just never gets old. I watch it year round but it's been a good background show for when I'm doing something else like knitting or surfing on the web...even night time when I can't fall asleep. It's the best.

-West Wing and House of Cards, in that order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2017, 04:35 PM

OITNB
Scandal
Greys anatomy
Best for last...how to get away with murder!
Unread 01-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Netflix suggestions for recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieMJensen View Post
Does anyone have any? Maybe we can help to entertain each other while we recuperate!
I like time travel movies, there is a series on Netflix called Travelers that is really good!! (2 seasons) I’m waiting until after my surgery to finish up the first season and dig into the next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2018, 10:51 AM

Saw this post come up in my hystersisters needs feet today, and wanted to suggest a few of my Netflix favorites. Outlander, West Wing, velvet, velvet has English subtitles though it is a Spanish show and is absolutely delightful to watch. Also Wentworth a great Australian prison show, if you love Orange is the New Black this is even better and there are five season so far. Also, how to get away with murder and This Is Us are wonderful shows currently on networks but I believe also on Netflix up to the end of the previous season.
Unread 04-05-2018, 06:33 PM

Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, and Friends are my favorite shows. I watch them all the time and usually fall asleep with them on. I watch on my phone so I can take them everywhere me.
Unread 04-06-2018, 06:27 AM
Netflix suggestions for recovery?

Supernatural if you can handle it, there is a funny cartoon called Larva is about several bugs lives, and there is no talking and each piece is very short so doesn’t take much thought if one is in pain or tired. A great way to get your mind off your pain.
Unread 11-18-2018, 12:35 PM

The Good Place! It's fantastic - smart, funny, short episodes. And you'll end up learning (or being refreshed on) a little something about ethics and philosophy along the way. But despite being smart and even a bit educational, it's still fairly light and not mentally taxing. The cast is fantastic and the writing is really great, highly recommended.

I also like RuPauls Drag Race. Fun challenges, low personal stakes (unlike heavy dramas that might make me too emotional), but also smarter and a little less shallow than some reality TV shows.

If you like very civilized, low-violence British murder mysteries, try Midsomer Murders. It's been around since the late 90s and all the episodes are feature length, lots to watch! (A few earlier eps are mildly problematic/show their age, but still worth it IMO.) Father Brown is very good for that, too. Neither of these shows are in the current trend of quite graphic and bleak mystery shows. These are easy on the brain, the crime always gets solved, the baddies get their due, and the recurring characters in both shows are engaging and relatable.
Unread 05-19-2019, 02:49 PM

Not sure if they're on Netflix, but here are three HBO series that I recommend to everyone.

I have re-watched each of them several times, and enjoy every time.

1. Deadwood - Historical Drama about life in the 1870's town of Deadwood. Three seasons. Lots of cursing, but expressed in an elegant and articulate manner.

2. Rome - Historical Drama about ancient Rome's transition from a republic to an empire. Julius Caesar shows up, but it's mostly about his extended family and surrounding characters. Two seasons.

3. The Wire - Cop show about the Baltimore drug trade. Covers all sides from the street dealers and drug lords to the public schools and political offices. Five seasons.

However, during my recovery in the past week I have been watching 1970's era episodes of Columbo. I've only ever seen the more recent ones from the 1990's, so this we a real treat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register