Star Trek: The Original Series | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek: The Original Series

Unread 04-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Star Trek: The Original Series

Love it!! Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2006, 11:35 PM

Cheesy, but still a trail blazer and the best!

Your too young to have seen the interracial kiss when it was first shown -- at the time, many station outlets would not air that episode.

I am not making this up!
Unread 05-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Smile - Star Trek: The Original Series Star Trek the original series

Hi,

I loved the original Star Treks(I am not a Trekki ) my favorite one is where they have those furry creatures(Tribbles? I think) on board the enterprise and they keep multiplying!!! and multiplying!!! I told my Dad I wanted one as a pet (I am a cat lover) but unfortunately they are not real.. anyway I could watch Star Trek over and over again William Shattner (is that right?) was quite the hunk, no offence he is not bad for his age now, I love watching him on Boston Legal (Alan is my favorite on that progamme he reminds me of my DH)

I better stop rambling on.

Talk soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2006, 03:50 AM

I'm not a Trekki either. I just love the nostagia of the show. I get tired of my reality shows and I love my HBO shows but I enjoy Star Trek. It hasn't been on a channel I get for years so I'm watching it everynight at 11:00. I'd love to see some old Kung Fu, Wild Wild West, I also love the old Twighlight Zone too. I also started watching Little House' too. I like sharing these with my son. He thinks they are weird and old fashioned. It makes me feel like a kid again.
Unread 05-08-2006, 01:53 PM

I watched an episode as a kid, that I've never seen since, about Kirk meeting a woman, and she changed all the time.
I've always been a sneaky trekkie fan, the original series was the best!
Unread 05-08-2006, 10:45 PM

What about the one where Joan Collins was a peace campaigner?!
Unread 05-08-2006, 11:32 PM

Hi Marian.

Yes I did I have seen all of the original Star Treks.

How are you? I am fine (except for the miserable english weather) I have been surfing the net and talking on a few site. It is great fun.

Francine
Unread 05-08-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine 8
Hi Marian.

Yes I did I have seen all of the original Star Treks.

How are you? I am fine (except for the miserable english weather) I have been surfing the net and talking on a few site. It is great fun.

Francine
Yes, it is. I was recently invited to to join a really funky Yahoo! group. Quite an honor. As I told them, it makes up for not being asked to the Senior Prom in high school. Good grief, can you believe that I wanted to go? It wasn't the Prom, it was the not being asked that hurt.

Oh, you're not from the US, you might be getting confused here - the Prom is the end of the year dance, has nothing to do with the concerts at Albert Hall!

Finished _Anywhere I Hang My Hat_ by Susan Isaacs. Great fun.
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:20 AM

Getting back "on topic" with Shallsie's thread about Star Trek:

Even though the spray-painted styrofoam rocks on the "alien planets" (not to mention the "small town high school theatre department quality" of the rest of the sets) were very, very lame, the original Star Trek did have its merits:

The viewer could always count on Kirk "duking it out" with the antagonist(s) in order to "win the girl." This stock melodramatic device seldom changes through the centuries.

Spock always provided "wise advice" at some point in the episode.

I have to say that my all-time favorite episode was the one with Captain Kirk getting involved with "The Empath." It made me wish that I had those capabilities.
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizet Woman
[font=Comic Sans MS]Getting back "on topic" with Shallsie's thread about Star Trek:

The viewer could always count on Kirk "duking it out" with the antagonist(s) in order to "win the girl." This stock melodramatic device seldom changes through the centuries.
I think that's the key - you take a stock thing and make something new out of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register