Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Unread 02-15-2021, 09:31 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Day 3 of recovery. Had my stitches removed from two incisions at hip and in belly button. Stitches up inside with dissolve.
Cramps are gone. Localized ache at incisions but very little pain. Off oxycodone. Ibuprofen 2x day.
Pooping normally as of last night. Starting to have a small ache way up in vaginal canal, a little worried I strained a stitch or something when pooping. But, no bleeding. Going to give it a day. How do you know if the vaginal fold heals properly?
Got pics from surgery, creepy but pretty cool.
Overall, healing well and moving around fairly normally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2021, 09:36 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Oof, I thought my pain had been pretty good (7 days after surgery), but I just took a deep-ish breath in and got a really sudden stabbing pain in my abdomen. It's a few hours later and it's still tender.
Unread 02-16-2021, 06:23 PM

List of Member Resources

And

To the Site Tutorial

And..,.

Video Checkpoints

And...

Helpful Site Abbreviations

Just don’t panic about checkpoints and guidelines. I was the slowest healer on my own recovery thread. Recovery is not a race. Think in terms of weeks not days. Be realistic dear friends and don’t overdo. Don’t listen to “stories” about Aunt Martha who recovered in a few days. Recovery is unique to all. Don’t be pressured into doing too much too soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2021, 06:29 PM

What is Swelly Belly?
Unread 02-16-2021, 06:31 PM

Vaginal Cuff - What is it?
Unread 02-16-2021, 06:47 PM

Hi everyone!
Just checking in. I've been feeling really good, but trying my best to keep in mind that I'm still healing and to not over do it. I took three short walks around the block today as the weather was nice. It felt good to get outside.
I stretched to reach a cup this evening and that did not feel pleasant. I need to think before I do things. My two year old son pressed down a bit hard on my tummy when we were sitting on the couch accidentally that scared me. It didn't hurt but I'm so afraid of him accidentally hurting me and messing up my stitches on the inside.
I get tired pretty easily with the kids running around. But it's at least distracting.
Thank you for all the articles you've been posting. They've been very helpful to read!
- Jessi
Unread 02-16-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerlagCrescendo View Post
Hi everyone!
Just checking in. I've been feeling really good, but trying my best to keep in mind that I'm still healing and to not over do it. I took three short walks around the block today as the weather was nice. It felt good to get outside.
I stretched to reach a cup this evening and that did not feel pleasant. I need to think before I do things. My two year old son pressed down a bit hard on my tummy when we were sitting on the couch accidentally that scared me. It didn't hurt but I'm so afraid of him accidentally hurting me and messing up my stitches on the inside.
I get tired pretty easily with the kids running around. But it's at least distracting.
Thank you for all the articles you've been posting. They've been very helpful to read!
- Jessi
Hi and welcome,

Please always be “armed” with a firm pillow to sit with ...to ward off unintentional blows by little people ...or pets.

You’re not alone - please check this out:

Recovery with Small Children

Please take care and try not to overdo ❤️
Unread 02-16-2021, 06:58 PM

Living Alone And Recovery
Unread 02-16-2021, 08:17 PM

I think my biggest problem with sleep is the vast amount of fluid I have in my abdomen and the base of my lungs even. I had a CT on day 7 and it’s everywhere around my colon, spleen, liver, lungs. I thought I understood “swelly belly” having endo and I was wrong! I feel it hasn’t changed at all. Sleeping on my back at night I can only go a few hours before all the Distention and fluid causes me problems laying on my back. I would like to sleep full nights before going back to work but that’s not seeming super possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
Hi and welcome to the other side!

Sleeping and sitting can be tricky in the beginning so try gathering a bunch of small squishy pillows. You’ll need to experiment a bit to see which side you prefer. I recommend a long body pillow - nothing fancy. They usually sell them reasonably priced in chain stores. Dress in layers - loose, comfortable, soft fabrics. Nothing binding. Try elevating your feet see if that position is comfortable.

Hugs and feel better!
Unread 02-16-2021, 08:38 PM

Britabee,
Wish I had words of wisdom, but lack of sleep is a big problem with no easy solution. Have you tried to see if one side is more comfortable than the other? I had more extensive surgery on my left side, so it was less sore On the right. If you’re on your back, does having your legs raised help? Knees raised?

Check this out - Sleeping Issues

Feel better. Wish I could help.

Trouble Sleeping

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register