Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 14-Jun 20,2021 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 14-Jun 20,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 14-Jun 20,2021

Unread 06-27-2021, 11:23 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 14-Jun 20,2021

Thank you all for sharing your PT experience. I’m looking forward to it and hopefully it helps me recover more holistically. I’m hoping the therapist can help me get to a proper and safe form for weightlifting as I get back into exercise. Since my surgery was purely prophylactic I find myself sometimes in a weird spot as nothing was “broken” before.

Despite not being. nurse, I’m also questioning a lot of the details and more so the “why” behind instructions. The vague guidance generally given is often not helpful for me. Understanding the reason helps me follow through. Trained auditor here (:

I managed to stroll the full length of the block again yesterday and hoping to expand by a few yards today. There’s a dog park about three blocks from our place that I used to visit a couple of times per week before surgery and I’m hoping I can go again next weekend. And no, I don’t have a dog, but would love too and enjoy watching them play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2021, 11:23 AM

Thanks Shannon for your supportive words. It really is hard to ferret out the truth on so many things these days and when it come to medical advise and what’s the best thing to do, it is so hard to feel confident.

Bye the bye, I love having you nurses on the threads. I always learn things to pass on to new sisters down the line. I also appreciate sisters relating what there Drs have to say it helps me again see the different opinions and issues in this healing.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 06-27-2021, 12:12 PM

Anndy, I agree with Smitch that you did the best you could with the knowledge you had.
You’ve been a great help to all of us!

Smitch, I live in the Phx area and we are having “cooler” weather this week. It’s not hitting 110! I just got back from a short walk in 108 degrees. When you’re not used to the heat, it’s really hard! Stay cool and just move more inside. Trust me, I’m only out walking for less than 10 min right now and I come in sweating. Thank God for AC!! I am starting to track my steps by wearing my Fitbit that I haven’t worn since surgery. Wanting to increase steps. I started to do gentle pelvic tilts and bridges. Feels really good for low back and to squeeze the glutes. I follow a lady from Australia (I think) that has pelvic floor exercises & have found her stuff helpful.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2021, 12:40 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 14-Jun 20,2021

Cherl- the reason for the lifting restrictions is because lifting puts a large amount of pressure on the pelvic floor and abdominals. After hysterectomy the top of the vagina is reconstructed and sometimes supported. The pressure from lifting puts those sutures and the surrounding tissue and ligaments at risk for injury because they are not yet healed. Too much lifting or lifting too much weight at once could actually open those internal sutures. I hope that helps.

We have a Springer Spaniel puppy, well almost 3 yrs now. She has been laying next to me a lot not understanding why she can’t lay in my lap. If I didn’t have a dog, I would be visiting the dog park all the time as well.

AMBG- your probably way better at the heat than I am. I love the idea of gentle exercises to relax the back

Stay cool out there ladies! Happy Sunday!
Unread 06-29-2021, 03:48 AM

Morning, I got directed here by another lady.

I had my operation on the 16th of June 2021.
Total hysterectomy (removal of the cervix as well)
Salperectomy (Fallopian tubes)
Locate and retrieve missing Filshie clip from sterilisation
Surgery went well and I had minimal blood loss, which was good as I went in with a blood count of 85 as I had a miscarriage in March 2021 after a failed sterilisation in October 2020 and haemorrhaged requiring a ERPC a few months before!
I think I’m doing ok but obviously have no one to compare too… so here I am!
Unread 06-29-2021, 06:24 AM

Good Morning Sisters,
Question.. would it be unreasonable to attend a 4th of July BBQ 16 days post op? I haven’t left my house and have followed doctors orders but if I am feeling okay I would love to go. I can sit in a chair the entire time and the weather looks comfortable. Not sure if I am pushing it but can I even have a drink? I am not on any meds. It would be so nice to get out for a little bit! And as much as I love my household family members, it would be nice to socialize with other humans!
Unread 06-29-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London1984 View Post
Morning, I got directed here by another lady.

I had my operation on the 16th of June 2021.
Total hysterectomy (removal of the cervix as well)
Salperectomy (Fallopian tubes)
Locate and retrieve missing Filshie clip from sterilisation
Surgery went well and I had minimal blood loss, which was good as I went in with a blood count of 85 as I had a miscarriage in March 2021 after a failed sterilisation in October 2020 and haemorrhaged requiring a ERPC a few months before!
I think I’m doing ok but obviously have no one to compare too… so here I am!
Welcome!
I had an abdominal hysterectomy similar to yours also with very low hemoglobin at 82 post op. It’s not fun being so tired. But it is great to know that I can finally start building up my blood iron once again.
I hope you are recovering well so far.
Suzanne
Unread 06-29-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyq999 View Post
Welcome!
I had an abdominal hysterectomy similar to yours also with very low hemoglobin at 82 post op. It’s not fun being so tired. But it is great to know that I can finally start building up my blood iron once again.
I hope you are recovering well so far.
Suzanne
Hi!!
I’m loving the community vibe here, quite lonely being in recovery isn’t it?!
Unread 06-29-2021, 10:02 AM

all & London1984,

I am so glad you found us and yes we have a great group of sisters here. Boy does it sound like you have really been through lots in the last couple of years and all that being tired at the same time. Now just be patient with your body and give it time to heal. For some it can take a little longer because of many individual issues but you will get there Sis. I was a slow healer and the fatigue issues from surgery healing were definitely there but when I was healed things really got better. You might want to go back through this thread and read some of the issues we have discussed and the info I have learned from many other sisters in the past few years and of course the things you surgery week sisters have shared.

Shannon, thanks for the info on lifting. I couldn’t have said it as well. So ladies please take her advise to heart. A few week in the grand scheme isn’t long for a good surgical result without issue.

Kris, just do what you body says. If you can sit with those feet up do it. And walk a little in between lounging. I would go if I could make it shorter than all day and be able to stay slow and change my position. The other thing to consider is not to get too tired. Your body needs energy. If you go enjoy what you can do, don’t think about what you can’t do.

Keep cool Sisters

Sister Hugs to all,
Anndy
Unread 06-29-2021, 10:25 AM

Hello my dears, and welcome London!

Not much going on in my corner of the world. I have been focused on resting and controlling my impulse to take over the kitchen from my husband. I have continued my daily walks and managed to walk around the whole block the last two days. And I started my recovery health plan, which includes some wrist strengthening exercises (should help me with yoga and weightlifting once cleared), daily meditation and, of course, I'm a planner, so I mapped out the rest of the year with my behaviour-based goals and what time of exercise I'm planning on doing. I'll use that for my post-op appointment in 1.5 weeks to get the buy in from my surgeon.

Steri-strips are finally off. The incisions and areas around are tender, like the rest of my belly. Swelling's getting better and better, though.

Dkris, I can absolutely relate to the longing to connect with other humans. As London said, the recovery does make you feel a bit lonely and out-of-touch. I think if you can manage to sit comfortably, switch position, stay hydrated and walk around you should be fine. Maybe arrange for a way to get home in case your family wants to stay. I personally wouldn't drink any alcohol as I think that interferes with healing. These are just my thoughts, no experience or any discussions I had with a doc, but I drink quite infrequently and haven't had a drink since December last year.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register